Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Expansionist States of Today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expansionist States of Today
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 04:49
What about expansion in the space? I guess The US, Russia, The EU, Japan and China come at the top..
Colonilazition of the space might well mark the coming centuries..
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 18:37
#1 USA. Yup, the first spot is, hands down, taken by the USA. While USA has no direct territorial claims, and IMO doesn't have plans to actually annex any country, the style is still that of expansionism, or, colonialism. Iraq war for instance for oil and control of the region (plan failed though), conflicts in Latin America (various interests), interfering with internal affairs of Iran etc. A lot of scheming done with UK. (Engdahl: A Century Of War: Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order)

#2 Islam. While not a state in itself, muslims first and foremost declare themselves as "muslims" and only after that as citizens of some states (unlike everyone else, more or less). The "panislamic state" is spreading fast via hyperpopulation (check demographics of Kosovo, last 50yrs), and once it reaches majority, the exodus of non-islamic population starts and the country becomes islamic republic. Panislamic state has a perfect strategy to counter military superior West, it uses western tools to achieve their goal (=democracy, and 'lets tolerate all'). Unlike other religions, Islam is the only religion (that i know of) which was founded by an imperialistic charismatic figgure (a conquerer, pillager of caravans etc), and the only that i know of, which clearly states that everyone should be offered to convert to Islam or die. Unlike the organized expansionist states such as USA for instance, the "panislamic state" is passive and at first seems more chaotic and divided, but is winning over the years.

#3 Serbia. I'll nominate this one, and it has been mentioned already in the thread. Serbia is, no matter how you measure it, an imperialistic country. The only problem they have is they try to take more than they can chew. In last 20 years alone, Serbia has waged war with Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, and had a conflict with Albanians in Kosovo in two occasions. Even after these conflicts, a large population of Serbia (as well as Serbian emigration) still has territorial claims for Bosnia and parts of Croatia. In 1914 it was Serbia who started First World War by assassinating Austrian archduke.
The scent of flowers does not travel against the wind but the odour of good people travels even against the wind; a good man pervades every place. The perfume of virtue is unsurpassed.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 18:50
Originally posted by Josip

#2 Islam. While not a state in itself, muslims first and foremost declare themselves as "muslims" and only after that as citizens of some states (unlike everyone else, more or less). The "panislamic state" is spreading fast via hyperpopulation (check demographics of Kosovo, last 50yrs), and once it reaches majority, the exodus of non-islamic population starts and the country becomes islamic republic. Panislamic state has a perfect strategy to counter military superior West, it uses western tools to achieve their goal (=democracy, and 'lets tolerate all'). Unlike other religions, Islam is the only religion (that i know of) which was founded by an imperialistic charismatic figgure (a conquerer, pillager of caravans etc), and the only that i know of, which clearly states that everyone should be offered to convert to Islam or die. Unlike the organized expansionist states such as USA for instance, the "panislamic state" is passive and at first seems more chaotic and divided, but is winning over the years.

Your knowledge on Islam bases on those sources that reinforce Islamophobia in the societies of European countries as well as in the United States. First and foremost, there is not a Pan-Islamist State. Today there are around 51 states with a majority of population who practice Islam. This means that Muslims have been diveded in more than 50 states! In addition to that these countries have also been waging war against each other througout history and for the fact that they are neighbours to each other in two spesific regions like the Near East and Southern Asia, there are numerous international disputes among these people.

Calling the Holy Prophet an imperialist also lacks of true intellectuallness. The Prophet did not suggest to colonize or kill non-Muslims. Actually those prisoners of war who taught Muslims how to read and write were efen left free.

Mughal e Azam View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Mughal e Azam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 01:17

Josip, although i wont contend you to look up your idea of Islam as an expansionist state, i will advise you to brush up on your Islamic Knowledge.

Mughal e Azam
Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 07:19
I have by no means an intention to insult forum members, and i will abide to the rules of the forum, but if you expect of me to defend nazism or islam, im sorry, I'd rather not say anything then.

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Your knowledge on Islam bases on those sources that reinforce Islamophobia in the societies of European countries as well as in the United States.

Exactly. Since my opinion of islam is bad, it does reinforce islamophobia. My opinion of communism is also bad, and it reinforces islamophobia. My opinion of nazism is bad, and it reinforces naziphobia. My opinion of racism is bad, and it reinforces racisophobia. My opinion of Bush is bad, and it reinforces bushophobia.

So what are you trying to say? That no one should have any phobias and we should accept everything equally, or that phobias are OK if justifed? If you think my islamophobia is not OK because it's not justified, then we can debate about it, if im willing because really, I'd rather do something else than debate the obvious, just because some people are too lazy to read stuff.

there are numerous international disputes among these people

That's not questionable. What I'm saying is - that doesn't stop them from the common goal, just as the conflicts between European states didn't stop them from launching crusades.

Calling the Holy Prophet an imperialist also lacks of true intellectuallness. The Prophet did not suggest to colonize or kill non-Muslims

Look, you're from Turkey. So far 100% of muslims I've talked with, said they are not familiar with the biography of Mohammad nor Quran nor Suras, and that stuff they taught them in schools says all the best regarding Mohammad. Therefore, I'm very hesitant to enter any debate here because I have nothing to gain, but I have a lot to lose.

Now, you say that Mohammad did not colonize nor suggest to kill non-muslims? Right? Then how do you explain this:

Quran:
#  "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. ... lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way ..." (9:5)

# "Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God˘s religion shall
reign supreme" (8:39)

# "Fight against such of those to whom the Scriptures were given ... and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are
utterly subdued." (9:29)

Sura 5:54
"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends
and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he
amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God
guideth not a people unjust."

4:101 "... For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies."

Also:
http://humanists.net/alisina/janus_face_of_islam.htm

I hope that your reply will not be along the lines "that translation is invalid" or "you misunderstood it". Im sure you can use real arguments to counter mines. If not, I'll stick to my islamophobia, thanks.

Originally posted by Mughaal

i will advise you to brush up on your Islamic Knowledge.

My knowledge of Islam isn't that of someone who has studied it for years and years, but my understanding and knowledge of Islam has so far proved to be better than all muslims I've faced. Therefore If you consider that my knowledge of Islam is insufficient, you can pick a topic and we can debate it. If i have free time and will to do it.
The scent of flowers does not travel against the wind but the odour of good people travels even against the wind; a good man pervades every place. The perfume of virtue is unsurpassed.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 07:45

Your knowledge on Islam bases on those sources that reinforce Islamophobia in the societies of European countries as well as in the United States.

So what are you trying to say? That no one should have any phobias and we should accept everything equally, or that phobias are OK if justifed? If you think my islamophobia is not OK because it's not justified, then we can debate about it, if im willing because really, I'd rather do something else than debate the obvious, just because some people are too lazy to read stuff.

What I am trying to say that Muslims are much weaker than Samuel Huntington thought. There is not unity among Muslims from different parts of the world. The Idea of a Pan-Islamist State itself can cause wars among Muslims over ''who should lead?''. But with the fall of Soviet Communism, some mind-shapers in the Western Countries wanted to create a new enemy so that they could keep their 'West'' united... And they replaced the Red Enemy with the so-called ''Green'' Enemy. Nothing unites people more than a common enemy.

Do you know what Hitler said once? ''If the Jews didn't live, we would have to invent them.''

there are numerous international disputes among these people

That's not questionable. What I'm saying is - that doesn't stop them from the common goal, just as the conflicts between European states didn't stop them from launching crusades.

To begin with, there is no one single state with a Muslim majority that has achieved industrialization and high standarts of living. The Muslim countries are yet to develop themselves. The Common goal for the Muslims is prosperity not wars nor the defeat of ''The West''... Because Muslims place a very high value on the life after. This world domination  does not mean much to them.

Calling the Holy Prophet an imperialist also lacks of true intellectuallness. The Prophet did not suggest to colonize or kill non-Muslims

Look, you're from Turkey. So far 100% of muslims I've talked with, said they are not familiar with the biography of Mohammad nor Quran nor Suras, and that stuff they taught them in schools says all the best regarding Mohammad. Therefore, I'm very hesitant to enter any debate here because I have nothing to gain, but I have a lot to lose.

Make no mistake. The fact that I come from Turkey does NOT  make me believe someone who believe in the ultimate superiority Muslim people. However, the allegation that the Prophet was a bloody imperialist has no any ground. He only waged wars in the DEFENSE of Islam. Because The Allmight forbids him to do the opposite.

Now, you say that Mohammad did not colonize nor suggest to kill non-muslims? Right? Then how do you explain this:

Quran:
#  "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. ... lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way ..." (9:5)

# "Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God˘s religion shall
reign supreme" (8:39)

# "Fight against such of those to whom the Scriptures were given ... and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are
utterly subdued." (9:29)

Sura 5:54
"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends
and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he
amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God
guideth not a people unjust."

4:101 "... For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies."

Also:
http://humanists.net/alisina/janus_face_of_islam.htm

I hope that your reply will not be along the lines "that translation is invalid" or "you misunderstood it". Im sure you can use real arguments to counter mines. If not, I'll stick to my islamophobia, thanks.

Let me tell you that I am not a scientist on Quran. Therefore I do not know each sentence in Quran. But I also know that what you are doing here are ''out of context'' stuff to buttress your opnion.

If you knew Islam, you would understand that one of the basic teachings of Islam about sins is that if you kill someone, you will be judged as if you killed the whole people in the world when it comes to the Judgement day that everyone shall stand before the Allmighty one day. So Islam is very clear here..Killing anyone is one of the worst sins to be committed.

Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 09:12
Let me tell you that I am not a scientist on Quran

That's OK because there's not much science in Quran :)

Therefore I do not know each sentence in Quran. But I also know that what you are doing here are ''out of context'' stuff to buttress your opnion.

Aha. Oh wow. So, you don't really know Quran, never really read it as a muslim, but you're 100% that someone else is wrong?

Im having a strange deja vu, because that's exactly the same thing everyone else told me. I had a christian guy telling me that im all wrong with whatever I said, and he never ever read a single line of any muslim text, book, or even article. Fascinating.

If you knew Islam, you would understand that one of the basic teachings of Islam about sins is that if you kill someone, you will be judged as if you killed the whole people in the world when it comes to the Judgement day. So Islam is very clear here..Killing anyone is one of the worst sins to be committed.

If you knew about Islam, you would know that there's a huge difference between muslim and muslim, and muslim and non-muslim.

If you say that islam is very clear here abou that, would you mind:
1) Providing me with a quote from a holy scripture
2) Explaining to me how come it was OK for Mohammad to pillage, torture cruelly people to tell him where they hid the treasure, and kill
3) Explain to me how come the greatest intelectuals of islamic world of today, are OK with killing, and actually promote the killing of infidels
4) Explain to me how, if killing anyone is wrong in Islam, how can it happen that every muslim soldier is yelling Allah'u akbar in battle? Are you saying that 100% of muslims including Mohhamad have a wrong interpretation of islam, and yours is correct?

To begin with, there is no one single state with a Muslim majority that has achieved industrialization and high standarts of living.

That's true. And it has something to do with Islam. You say they have yet to develop themselves, but how is that exactly going to happen if muslims are stuck in the 7th century? This is a history forum, I'm quite sure everyone here knows at which point did Europe start a massive growth and development.

Because Muslims place a very high value on the life after

Agreed. They place very high value on afterlife, which means they have no problems suiciding themselves in this life to earn the 'eternal reward' as they see it.

He only waged wars in the DEFENSE of Islam

Yes, I agree. And considering that every infidel who exists is insulting for islam, Mohammad and other muslims need to wage wars for the defense of islam until everyone else is either exterminated or converted.

Edited by Josip - 14-Jul-2007 at 09:16
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 09:28

Let me tell you that I am not a scientist on Quran

That's OK because there's not much science in Quran :)

have you ever heard of the term ''theology'', which is a field of Social Scienses? It deals with science, and Quran is also a part of scientific research.

[
quote]Therefore I do not know each sentence in Quran. But I also know that what you are doing here are ''out of context'' stuff to buttress your opnion.

Aha. Oh wow. So, you don't really know Quran, never really read it as a muslim, but you're 100% that someone else is wrong?

Im having a strange deja vu, because that's exactly the same thing everyone else told me. I had a christian guy telling me that im all wrong with whatever I said, and he never ever read a single line of any muslim text, book, or even article. Fascinating.  [/QOUTE]

Who said I never read or know anything about Quran? What I said was siple: I am not an expert, I did not memorize...And what you attempted to prove were defintely ''out of context''... You should have put whole suras in order to be able to prevet the objective guy. But You took one sentence out of the whole context in order to buttress your point of view.

If you knew Islam, you would understand that one of the basic teachings of Islam about sins is that if you kill someone, you will be judged as if you killed the whole people in the world when it comes to the Judgement day. So Islam is very clear here..Killing anyone is one of the worst sins to be committed.

If you knew about Islam, you would know that there's a huge difference between muslim and muslim, and muslim and non-muslim.

If you say that islam is very clear here abou that, would you mind:
1) Providing me with a quote from a holy scripture
2) Explaining to me how come it was OK for Mohammad to pillage, torture cruelly people to tell him where they hid the treasure, and kill
3) Explain to me how come the greatest intelectuals of islamic world of today, are OK with killing, and actually promote the killing of infidels
4) Explain to me how, if killing anyone is wrong in Islam, how can it happen that every muslim soldier is yelling Allah'u akbar in battle? Are you saying that 100% of muslims including Mohhamad have a wrong interpretation of islam, and yours is correct?

Your concerns does not earn explanations, because such fabricated presentation of history is hopeless. If you wanna really get deep into the subject, just diversify your sources on history.

To begin with, there is no one single state with a Muslim majority that has achieved industrialization and high standarts of living.

That's true. And it has something to do with Islam. You say they have yet to develop themselves, but how is that exactly going to happen is muslims are stuck in the 7th century?

Slowly or in a middle pace Muslims are developing themselves. Some countries already have high GDP per capitas like UAE- where average GDP per capita is above 35.000$. Muslims are not stuck in 7.century.

Because Muslims place a very high value on the life after

Agreed. They place very high value on afterlife, which means they have no problems suiciding themselves in this life to earn the 'eternal reward' as they see it.

So a couple of psychos who committed suicide in the name of religion and killed other people are the true representatives of this religion, despite the fact that overwhelming majority of Muslims strongly condemn that and centuries of teaching and scientists are to be ignored. If this is how you interpret, I have nothing but pity at you.

He only waged wars in the DEFENSE of Islam

Yes, I agree. And considering that every infidel who exists is insulting for islam, Mohammad and other muslims need to wage wars for the defense of islam until everyone else is either exterminated or converted.

There is a nice French proverb: ''There can not be a more deaf person, who does not want to hear you''. Nobody argued or even claimed in the line what you wrote..It is how you wanna see Islam, but to disoppoint you, it will never come out to be true

Actually Hadits, the sayings of the prophet, teach us that if the Muslims treat non-muslim living in their countries badly, their countries are doomed and to be invaded.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 09:28
islam is a political definable state, Josip? This isnt a thread on religion.

Even after these conflicts, a large population of Serbia (as well as Serbian emigration) still has territorial claims for Bosnia and parts of Croatia. In 1914 it was Serbia who started First World War by assassinating Austrian archduke
AFIAK a Serb pulled the trigger not Serbia.

HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 10:24
Josip,what is with the demographic change of Kosova in the last 50 years?????? Or are you now suporting Serb propaganda that Kosovans were people-factory.Before 50 years ago there wa not a single statistic conducted by indipendent body on population numbers in Kosovo,and after that were the Serbian statistics wich many times contradicted themselves and showed that there were no more kosovo albanian births then serbian.

And to finish with you and if you carry on like this i wil never answer your posts again.

Albanian muslims consider themselves albanians and not muslims,they are consious of the fact that their greatgrandfathers converted islam for many reasons,but never really practised it,and mantained their own cultural aspects of life rather then acept islamic culture,thats why albania is who it is,an culturaly europian nation with it own uniques,of tradition well established long time before islam.Nex time talk of that litle you know rather then spit your ignorance.
Me pune,me perpjekje.
Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 11:42

have you ever heard of the term ''theology'', which is a field of Social Scienses? It deals with science, and Quran is also a part of scientific research.

I was playing a joke on you.  Hence the smiley at the end.

And what you attempted to prove were defintely ''out of context''... You should have put whole suras in order to be able to prevet the objective guy. But You took one sentence out of the whole context in order to buttress your point of view.

See, you're saying I took it out of context, but you don't even know anything of that part, which means that technically you cannot know if it's out of context or not, you're not able to defend it, and you're still saying I'm wrong.

Considering that I
1) did a quote
2) stated where that can be found
3) provided a link to a nicely argumented website (which i know you dont consider valid but still)

...it's quite disappointing that all you can say is "taken out of context" and that i should "quote the whole Quran". I'm sorry but that's just silly, and I have no desire to go into it.

You also call yourself an "objective guy" while being from Turkey. Considering that you
P1 dont know the context
P2 say it's wrong
---------------------
Conclusion: You're biased.

ps: I didn't take one sentence, I took several sentences.

Your concerns does not earn explanations, because such fabricated presentation of history is hopeless. If you wanna really get deep into the subject, just diversify your sources on history.

So, what you're trying to say is, Quran isn't a relevant source when it comes to a discussion of Islam?

Fabrication of history oh sure, let's see, exact quotes from Quran vs your opinion based on fluff and ignorance, with no arguments or logic. Great. I'll take fabricated history any day.

Slowly or in a middle pace Muslims are developing themselves. Some countries already have high GDP per capitas like UAE- where average GDP per capita is above 35.000$. Muslims are not stuck in 7.century.

We will see when the oil runs out.

So a couple of psychos who committed suicide in the name of religion and killed other people are the true representatives of this religion

That's right. Word by word.

despite the fact that overwhelming majority of Muslims strongly condemn

You will have more luck finding the Loch Ness monster, than finding that overwhelming majority.

Originally posted by HEROI

Josip,what is with the demographic change of Kosova in the last 50 years??????

OK let's take last 100yrs for a better picture. Kosovo, a Serbian cradle so to speak, has today 95%+ Albanians. The thing is, no one else really wants to live there anymore.

btw,
http://www.bizforum.org/population-mus.htm
Compare that with natality of the western countries, or the lack thereof (except immigration)

Or are you now suporting Serb propaganda that Kosovans were people-factory

That's not propaganda, that's the truth. Hyperpopulation wins in peace, it beats democracy so easily over the years that's it's not even a joke.

And as for me supporting Serb propaganda, I'm Croat. We have the least reasons in the world to support Serb propaganda, but if they're right I'll say they're right.

Before 50 years ago there wa not a single statistic conducted by indipendent body on population numbers in Kosovo

Austrians and French, for start.

Originally posted by Leonidas

islam is a political definable state, Josip? This isnt a thread on religion.

As I said, it's not politically definable state, that's why im closing the discussion from my part, because I have no desire to debate with fanatics who will not accept facts because they dont fit their life philosophy, and if I type them down they'll just say it's wrong and won't look it up themselves because they are afraid that the quotes are not out of context.

AFIAK a Serb pulled the trigger not Serbia.

I don't see the difference. If Serbia had something against it, it would put the guy into jail. Since Serbia refused to extradite the man to Austria-Hungaria, it's a bit silly to say that the whole attack was an accident and Serbia has absolutely nothing to do with it. Next thing you know, someone will say Serbia was actually supporting the Austria and the fact that they didn't want to extradite him is fabricated. The fact that Serbia was behind that is just too much for some people to hear.. i mean, sure it's not Serbia who wanted a piece of Bosnia and had a conflict with Austria... it's all science fiction. I'm new to this forum, but so far it seems no different than other forums so I think i'll just leave. It's full of people who are ready to accept what they want to accept, regardless of all evidence pointing otherwise.
HEROI View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote HEROI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 12:10
exactly,there was no indipendent body if it was from french and austrians.
How could it be posible the numbering of kosovo albanians when is a fact that they lived in montenous regions almost isolated from the rest??????????
And as for kosovo being the cradle of serbia,it is in fact serbian propaganda,that kind of logic is baseless,the albanians have been living in kosovo forever,as they have been perhaps even in croatia before you.so think twice before you write.
Me pune,me perpjekje.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 12:18

You also call yourself an "objective guy" while being from Turkey. Considering that you
P1 dont know the context
P2 say it's wrong
---------------------
Conclusion: You're biased.

ps: I didn't take one sentence, I took several sentences.

As I told, I did not memorize Quran. And especially it is harder to remember these suras when they are in English.

I did not say these sentences were wrong. What I said was cyrstal-clear: If you would like to understand the emssage, read the whole sure not put 1 sentence out of context and ask people for clarification.

So, what you're trying to say is, Quran isn't a relevant source when it comes to a discussion of Islam?

Check out your previous post. Refresh your memory. Your 4 questions requiring explanations were not from Quran. They were the ideas propagandated by some decision makers in other part of the world.

So a couple of psychos who committed suicide in the name of religion and killed other people are the true representatives of this religion

That's right. Word by word.

If you fail to put things in a wider context, I see no reasonable conviction to further the debate with you. You might live by the dream of Pan-Islamist state, which Muslims do not give a care.

Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 18:25
Originally posted by HEROI

exactly,there was no indipendent body if it was from french and austrians.

OK, so if it was done by Serbs, it's no good. If it was done by French, no good. If it was done by Austrians, no good. If it was done by Turks, no good.

Do you have a point at all? What kind of independent body would you want? Or is this some kind of a game you're playing, where the most intelligent person will be the first one to stop a debate (non-existent one) with you?

As I told, I did not memorize Quran

I put the numbers in there, you did not need to memorize it, just read it.

If you would like to understand the emssage, read the whole sure not put 1 sentence out of context and ask people for clarification.

Aha. In other words, I'm right, and you're not able to prove me wrong?

Those lines i quoted are 100% clear. It is *you* who claim they are out of context, so it is up to you to prove that. Saying "read the whole text" is not an argument in a debate. If you're not willing to read it by yourself, then you have been defeated in a discussion because you're not able to provide counterargument. I say it's not taken out of context, you say it is (but you havent read it), and considering that those lines are 100% clear, that's pretty much it. Anyone without a bias would see you're clueless.

If you fail to put things in a wider context, I see no reasonable conviction to further the debate with you

A wider context? You mean, the one that Islam is a religion founded by a pedophile murderer plunderer torturer and lunatic (for all of these there is a source in muslim holy scriptures, so it's not made up), and that Islam itself is a plague which spreads throughout the world? That islam hardly ever invented anything when compared to other civilizations, because they are primitive tribesmen stuck in 7th century? That in islamic countries you're dead if you denounce islam? That Sheria law is the worse law I've seen ever, perhaps close to laws in Old Testament laws but since those are 1000yrs older than Islam, and were overwritten in the process that doesn't even count. That women are treated like baggage? That islamic religious leaders put a price on a head of everyone who disagrees with islam and puts it to question, and now you're gonna say "these are minority"..oh yeah how come they stay in their positions of religious leaders? That on average muslims I've met have lower IQ than non-muslims (atheists included among non-muslims)?

I'm sorry, which context have I missed?
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 18:36
You are wasting your time with this guy.

I have by no means an intention to insult forum members, and i will abide to the rules of the forum, but if you expect of me to defend nazism or islam, im sorry, I'd rather not say anything then.

These words are enough to show his aim. As we all know, There is not relation between nazism and islam but he used two in one sentence. (Lets not forget, There was not any reason to use nazism word too)

It is enough to show his aim..

Josip, If you want to attack islam, do it more professionally. At least use islamofacism or such words..

By the way, but if you expect of me to reply again you or a fasist , im sorry, I'd rather not say anything then.
Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 18:41
Those two are not similiar nor did i equalize them. I put them into same sentence because they have one thing in common - wrong ideology. You have also used nazism and islam in the same sentence, perhaps you should apply your advice to yourself as well. 

Josip, If you want to attack islam, do it more professionally.

Why would I waste my time with that here? He complained about context, so i gave him context, hopefully he's happy now.

When I'll want to attack islam professionally, I won't do it online.

By the way, but if you expect of me to reply again you or a fasist , im sorry, I'd rather not say anything then.

That's understandable. You had to pick between "I agree" and "I'm not gonna say anything".

Edited by Josip - 14-Jul-2007 at 18:43
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 18:46
no my friend, I just dont want waste my time with your schizophrenic ideas like this.

#2 Islam. While not a state in itself, muslims first and foremost declare themselves as "muslims" and only after that as citizens of some states (unlike everyone else, more or less). The "panislamic state" is spreading fast via hyperpopulation (check demographics of Kosovo, last 50yrs), and once it reaches majority, the exodus of non-islamic population starts and the country becomes islamic republic.

As we both know, Majority of people are homo economicus not homo religious.. 

Of course, There are some exceptions but even this home religous will find better thing than to do child.(Like you, instead of making child, You are harassing us with your tales about islam at a thread about states.)

do you afraid from ghosts? Booo..
Josip View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Josip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 18:50
I'm not your friend, no need to entitle me like that in a condescending way.
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 18:53

He only waged wars in the DEFENSE of Islam.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Mohammed was more evil than any other medieval ruler, but this statement is simply false.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 18:58

I'm sorry, which context have I missed?

The whole context about non-Muslims.

Islam considers Jews and Christians as ehl-i kitap, in other words, members of the holy book. So Islam considers the other two Abrahamic religions as ''holy'' religions. One can marry a Jew or Christian, let alone establishing friendship

Edited by TheDiplomat - 14-Jul-2007 at 18:59

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>