Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Battle of Ngayedauk, 1944

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Battle of Ngayedauk, 1944
    Posted: 21-Jun-2007 at 15:27
not really sure where to post this, but does anyone know a good description (book) about this battle in Burma, in particular the charge of the Jodhpur & 3rd Gwalior Lancers that occured during the fighting?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 13:35
no one ever read a book about the ww2 Burma campaign? :-S 
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 13:59
Can't say I've ever read a book about the Burma campaign sorry. Nor can I seem to find any books solely about this particular battle.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/026-2678725-7646862?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=burma+campaign&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
There are a few books which might contain a fairly good overview of the battle, but I'll look out for more specific ones.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2007 at 16:38
Who moved this out of AB?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2007 at 03:09
Check Indian and Pakistani military websites, (espcially the Def Journal from Pakistan, $ 1 subscription). THe Burma campaign was the British Indian Army's theater, and the institutional memory is embedded in those two militaries.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2007 at 15:32
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Admin_Box

wikipedia says the battle is known under at elast three diffrent names, and i've seen three different spellings for Ngagyedauk too. and it was before General Slim took over command of that theater, which is also a problem because most books focus on him.
YohjiArmstrong View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote YohjiArmstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 16:56
Seem look good places to start. Other than that Slim: Master of War has a good section on it from my recollection.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 13:49
do you have any of the books?
Jonathan4290 View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Jonathan4290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2008 at 03:00

Try ebay.com, it'd definitely have them all.

Like great battles? How about when they're animated for easy viewing?
Visit my site, The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps at www.theartofbattle.com.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2008 at 19:18
i don't want to get all three, actually i'm not really interested in the whole Burma campaign at all, what i want to know is this specific battle and wether or not his charge happened and how it went.
 Post Reply Post Reply