Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fastest growing economies in the world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fastest growing economies in the world
    Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 09:40

I was just wondering, what are the fastest growing economies in the world at present? If anyone had any information i'd appreciate it.

Thanks
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 10:14
The Chinese must be one for sure. They increase their GNP by almost 10-11% each year, and it's already very big.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 11:15
post-Soviet states, led by Azerbaijan - which had a growth of 32% (Armenia had only 14 because we dont have oil Cry )
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 14:16

Probably China.

Join us.
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 14:22
India?
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 17:02

Thanks for the posts, but i was wondering if anyone knew anywhere where there was a list of these showing the top countries (or all :D)?

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 09:55
Originally posted by mamikon

post-Soviet states, led by Azerbaijan - which had a growth of 32% (Armenia had only 14 because we dont have oil Cry )

Quoted for truth. 32.5% as of last year for Azerbaijan. Blows any other country away by light years. Odd that its largely ignored.

Edited by Cywr - 13-Jun-2007 at 09:57
Arrrgh!!"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 09:58
Originally posted by aslanlar

Thanks for the posts, but i was wondering if anyone knew anywhere where there was a list of these showing the top countries (or all :D)?

This should be right up your alley:
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2003rank.html
Arrrgh!!"
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 10:21
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_gdp_rea_gro_rat-economy-gdp-real-growth-rate
Not to sure when it was last updated but I have used this site in the past.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 10:26
Well how long will the Baku oil last for the Azeris? That seems kinda to have alot to do with the growth.

Estonias economic growth has been up to 12% in recent years, and is around 10 or so these days, 8,..% this last quarter, although many people now want it to stop its pace to prevent over heating.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 11:31
europe during the first industrial revolution.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 11:47
Well how long will the Baku oil last for the Azeris? That seems kinda to have alot to do with the growth.

Its clearly Azerist economics at work. The whole world needs to adopt Azerism, only through economic reforms can they be saved.
Arrrgh!!"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 11:52

Its clearly Azerist economics at work. The whole world needs to adopt Azerism, only through economic reforms can they be saved.
Arrrgh!!"
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 12:01
It would be interesting to see the GDP rise over 5 or 10 years
I am a free donkey!
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 13:24
Originally posted by Cywr

Originally posted by aslanlar

This should be right up your alley:
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2003rank.html

There are two Cyprus entries in this list: no:11 with 10.60% and no:139 with 3,70%. I think one is the Greek, the other the Turkish side. Which is which?
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 18:37
The problem with economies driven by one sector only (such as oil) is that others are neglected and usually decrease. Azerbaijan already is suffering from the Dutch Disease as did many ME nations 30 years ago...
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2007 at 08:41
Originally posted by mamikon

Not to mention widespread corruption and lack of economic competence. America donates a 100 million dollars a year to Armenia, yet the only man who seems to become richer is the president, and that's ignoring Russian loans. Although it is true that Armenia lacks natural resources (their territory can't even be used for agriculture), this isn't really an excuse, just look at Singapore.

Besides, having oil reserves doesn't mean instant wealth. You have to be able to manage them without letting foreign companies exploit you. For instance Nigeria. It is a combination of oil resources and economic competence that takes the credit for Azerbaijan's incredible growth, the latter factor being widely ignored, particularly by Armenians such as yourself.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2007 at 11:31
Economic growth isn't all.

Luxembourg now has more Michelin restaurant stars per capita than any other country in the world.Thumbs%20Up
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2007 at 16:09
Originally posted by Kurt

Not to mention widespread corruption and lack of economic competence. America donates a 100 million dollars a year to Armenia, yet the only man who seems to become richer is the president, and that's ignoring Russian loans. Although it is true that Armenia lacks natural resources (their territory can't even be used for agriculture), this isn't really an excuse, just look at Singapore.

Besides, having oil reserves doesn't mean instant wealth. You have to be able to manage them without letting foreign companies exploit you. For instance Nigeria. It is a combination of oil resources and economic competence that takes the credit for Azerbaijan's incredible growth, the latter factor being widely ignored, particularly by Armenians such as yourself.

Why did you have to convert this thread into an Armenia vs. Azerb. thread

If you want me to I will answer you with a PM
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2007 at 14:25
HACK!
Kotumeyil. as Greek Cyprus is following the (ugly, ugly, ugly) european model I think the big number must for the Turkish Cyprus and the small for us (damn it!)

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>