Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alexander vs. Arjuna

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alexander vs. Arjuna
    Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 14:12
Ok, a little fantasy here. Assuming everything that is said about Arjuna in the Mahabharata is true, would he alone (w/ chariot) be able to defeat Alexander and his army?

A few stats for Arjuna:
- Impenetrable Armor
- Quiver never runs out
- Can fire arrows so fast that the moment one leaves the bow, another has already been fired.
- Has several mantras that can be applied to his arrows, making his arrows bring fire, rain, and wind.
- Chariot driver is God himself (but the driver will not fight). In other words, a super fast chariot.
- Can apply an incantation that will cause the sky to rain down 80,000 arrows.
- Chariot is pulled by four white horses that cannot be wounded by any mortal weapon.

Weapons of Arjuna:
- Gandiva, the bow he wields. It is a bow made in heaven, and it belonged a diety, Varuna.
- Pushupata, a weapon that belonged to Shiva. It can be discharged by mind, eyes, words or a bow. When used to its fullest effect, it can vanquish all of creation. For the purposes of this debate, let's just say it can kill a lot of people.

Ok, with all of that, would this fictional character be able to defeat Alexander's army?

Edited by AlokaParyetra - 04-Jun-2007 at 14:19
olvios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote olvios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 14:49
He can defeat the army of planet earth Star
http://www.hoplites.net/
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 16:00
Well, i don't know about that. If we are talking about the ancient earth, then let's say we amass every single archer possible (let's say ~1,000,000), and have them all spread out in a circle surround Arjuna. If they all shot simultaneously at a different spot within the circle they formed, i would say Arjuna would be pretty screwed. I mean, even if he causes the sky to rain down 80,000 arrows, he will be hitting but a fraction of the army he is facing. And, even though he is super fast, i doubt he will be able to dodge a barrage of 1,000,000 arrows that cover almost all positions he could move to. And though his armor is impenetrable, ancient indian armor only consisted of a body plate and a helmet, meaning his legs, arms, and face would be exposed.

So, against the army of planet earth, he would be screwed.

And against any modern army, give a million idiots machine guns, and eventually one of them will hit him in the face before they all die out. I'm pretty sure our modern professional armies could take him out.
Kamikaze 738 View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Kamikaze 738 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 19:23
Are you kidding? Impenetrable armour...? He would be unstoppable... Pinch
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jun-2007 at 19:37
yeah, but the armor only covers his torso and top and back head. His arms, face, and legs are still vulnerable.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2007 at 01:39
he want him to fight the Hulk
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2007 at 04:25

Any army facing a person with God driving his chariot drawn by invincible horses with an arsenal of incantations that bring down 80,000 arrows, arrows that call down the elements and a weapon that can vanquish all creation I reckon they would lose morale pretty darn quick, no matter who led them.

Close match, hehe

Edited by New User - 05-Jun-2007 at 04:25
 Post Reply Post Reply