Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A new tribe has been found in Amazon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A new tribe has been found in Amazon
    Posted: 03-Jun-2007 at 08:58
From a chinese newspaper, according from the Brazil native american foundation, a new tribes has beed found by scientists in Amazon,they preserved the ancient live style, now government and scientists worry that they would be harmed by the germs,just like other native tribe did.Pinguin may know more.
leung
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2007 at 11:32
Perhaps you are talking about this new:

More details:

You are correct that the Brazilian govenment has to be careful with the health of the Natives. But that's a relatively easy task if they take the measures to vaccinate the people. The more tragical is the cultural shock that the natives suffer when enter in contact with the "Western civilization". That's what has to be managed with more care to avoid the situations that are so common in Brazil, where Natives abandon the Amazon, and go to the cities to live in favelas.

That tribe is part of the Kaiapo peoples. A picture of an already contacted group is in here:

tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2007 at 13:14
Just look Asian, what aepic journery, from Siberia to the whole America,if Brazil prevent people to contact with them, then not a big problem.
leung
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2007 at 16:48
I wonder if this group is truly "pre contact".   More than likely, they are simply an isolated group of people who both by choice and remotness of their location have only had sporadic contact with western / Brazillian civilization.

Edited by Cryptic - 03-Jun-2007 at 16:49
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2007 at 17:02
Originally posted by tommy

Just look Asian, what aepic journery, from Siberia to the whole America,if Brazil prevent people to contact with them, then not a big problem.

Asian?  They look Native American to me.  All except for the last guy on the right, he looks like my neighbor who's a jewish taxi driver from the Bronx.Big%20smile

Edited by red clay - 03-Jun-2007 at 17:03
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2007 at 20:41
Originally posted by red clay

Originally posted by tommy

Asian?  They look Native American to me.  All except for the last guy on the right, he looks like my neighbor who's a jewish taxi driver from the Bronx.Big%20smile

Most pure Native Americans look Asians, and many East Asians. Other look like central Asians and curiously it seem they have a link with Turkish and Mongolian peoples.

Most Natives in the U.S. and other regions have admixture with Europeans, others in the Caribbean have admixture with Blacks, so they are not quite representative. Amazonians, are closer to the original peoples of the Americas.

Unfortunately for Amerindians, they have a phenotype that is SO COMMON, that they dress as Westerners and people start to doubt they are Amerindians, and confusse them with Jewish drivers, Italians, Japaneses or any other people. They become INVISIBLE quite easy, and people start to suspect they are extinct.

Genetics has shown, though that Amerindian genetics  survive in large number in the Americas, although nobody notice it.

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 03-Jun-2007 at 20:41
Le Loup View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Le Loup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2010 at 16:17
The natives I saw photos of were found living in caves, Very primitive. Have not heard anymore about them. Hope they let them be!
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach” Henry David Thoreau.

Post Reply Post Reply