Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Writing political/military fiction?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Writing political/military fiction?
    Posted: 01-Jun-2007 at 19:04
Does anybody here have any advice or experencie writing political/military fiction?
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2007 at 23:31
I have no professional experience but my advice would be to have an idea of what you want to achieve, perhaps a message to your target audience.  Then just work towards that goal, it also helps to have a rough outline of your story.  Though not a necessity, Tolkien would start writing hit a dead end, and start from the beginning again.  Most important I would say is to remain positive and determined don't beat yourself up if you get stuck.  You should enjoy yourself you are putting a part of yourself on paper.  If it helps think of it as a spiritual experience.
Hope that helps.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2007 at 09:54
What kind of fictional military or political fiction do you want to write? Do you want to write about some issue on modern life, or just explore an idea? Or do you want to write a historical novel which, while fictional, is accurate in the details?

Depending on what you want, there are different methods to follow :)
 Post Reply Post Reply