Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dreamcast Emulator and .CDI files...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreamcast Emulator and .CDI files...
    Posted: 27-May-2007 at 23:20
I recently downloaded the .CDI file... but I don't know what to do with it to open it. I tried to google it... but I am lost. So far, I downloaded Alcohol 120% to write the file onto a CD... and downloaded the Dreamcast Emulator... but that's pretty much it. I don't know what to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...~

-pekau

Edited by pekau - 27-May-2007 at 23:22

Join us.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 08:29
convert .cdi file to .iso file with program like Magic Iso

Edited by axeman - 28-May-2007 at 08:30
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2007 at 15:34
Is Magic Iso free for what?

As well, how do you open .iso files, assuming that I know how to convert it?

Join us.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2007 at 15:43
You can "open"( actually mount ) .iso file with virtual CD software like "Daemon tools", and when you have mounted the file -> you'll be offered to open the content of your iso file with various multimedia softwares, which you have on your pc. I assume that your .CDI file contains multimedia data, right?

As far as I know you can use magic iso free till the trial period is over.
There are probably other converter softwares around the net which could be entirely free.

Edited by axeman - 30-May-2007 at 15:46
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2007 at 15:53

Ok, I used Alcohol 120% to write a .cdi file on a normal CD. And it worked. But I can't open it. It somehow opens to only realplayer or Windowmedia... but when you play it... nothing really happens.

And why should I change it to .iso? What multimedia software do I need to open .CDI or .ISO files?

Join us.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2007 at 16:54
Originally posted by pekau

Ok, I used Alcohol 120% to write a .cdi file on a normal CD. And it worked. But I can't open it. It somehow opens to only realplayer or Windowmedia... but when you play it... nothing really happens.

And why should I change it to .iso? What multimedia software do I need to open .CDI or .ISO files?

Apparently real player and windows media player don't support CDI file format.

You should change to Iso, because it is virtual disc image and contains all file system data. This makes it useful alternative to physical media.
To open .iso files (more correctly "to mount") you'll need the same alcohol 120% you have (though i don't use it - "daemon tools" for me). After you have mounted the iso file, you will be able to open the multimedia inside iso - depending on what kind of file format the multimedia will be. I would recommend VLC media player (free), because it supports many formats and is very easy to use.
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 11:44
which emulator do you have? I use Chankast.  Just load up the CD (or just mount in Alcohol), go into your emulator, and run.  The emulator is the only program which can open the file.  
Once you relinquish your freedom for the sake of "understood necessity,"...you cede your claim to the truth. - Heda Margolius Kovaly
 Post Reply Post Reply