Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Europes oldest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Thracian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thracian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Europes oldest
    Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 17:24

I have edited the top post to fit what was said in the 4th post.

here is the 'oldest gold in the world', I mentioned in the edit, made by those ancient. (for those who are interested)

Varna golden treasure (6th - 5th millenia BC), the world's oldest gold

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 19:02
So the ancient thracians started the whole class thing, i wonder if any moved west and later became the English 
Arrrgh!!"
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 00:44
those look really nice.
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 11:01

Maybe thsi picture was showed but in different topic. And now after we are dicussing thracain's culuture I'll show it to this how didn't see it!

Its weight is about 500 gramme. According to someone its belongs to thracain king Teros and according to others to Sevt II or III. This mask was discovered this summer.

And about town of Perperikon

http://www.perperikon.bg/galeria.php?cp=1

also you cat try the flash version in this site

Edited by tzar
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 22:17
I don't know Bulgarian, but from what I saw they don't mention the Hellinic Olympic ring found in the exact same tomb. (if I missed it please do correct me)
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 11:13
I don't know where you were reading it, but in the all articles which I've been reading they mention about this ring. And I know about it, but  couldn't find its picture ... and this is the reason, because I didn't say anything about it!
Thracian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Thracian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 17:44

here's the thracian cup seen in the 'Alexander' movie; though they did not even mention anything about thracians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12