Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hockey Fans, a reason why to root for the Senators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hockey Fans, a reason why to root for the Senators
    Posted: 23-May-2007 at 16:49
They better pull it off for Elgin!
This story really hit me hard, haven't felt this sad in years...Cry
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 07:53
C'mon, I know there are some Hockey fans here, Seko, where are ya??? And with this story, you don't have to be a fan... It's a sad story that just happened a few weeks ago.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 08:09
I'm from Ottawa ;)  
People were going nuts (by Ottawa standards) when they won the game a week ago, it's funny because it's such a stodgy city usually.  I'd be happy if they won, and it would be pretty humiliating to lose to a team from California.. but to be honest I'm not that into hockey :(
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 08:37
Not really a Hockey fan? They say once you go to one game, you get hooked to it. So I suggest IF you haven't gone to a hockey game, then just check one out. It's really a fun sport to watch, the game is just amazing.

By the way, did you read the story? I really wanted to share this story as it's spreading through the Hockey community, it's really sad though...
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 18:05
I didn't read the article you sent, just because I have already read it front page on several newspapers here.. I agree that it's sad.. although in a way I do feel kind of weird about it. 

It's true I've never been to a senators game, I did play hockey when I was young though, and went to lots of local games.  I actually find anything skating-related quite enjoyable but I'm just not that good at hockey.

Also I have some relatives in the NHL, Matt and Terry Carkner, (I forget if the latter retired), they're from the same small town as me but I doubt they would know who I am :(
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 21:19
What makes you feel weird about that story? That story actually hit me hard, haven't felt that sad in years. Especially what his father says on the final night.
Thats pretty cool having family in the NHL. Next season, your gonna watch Hockey!Tongue This way I have someone to talk about it with.
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 00:03
I dunno, I don't feel anything specific enough to complain about it, I just feel like he was too young to really understand much of what was going on.  I guess he was just going along with what his family was excited about and he was stoked by the whole thing.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 08:30
I think the kid saw them sort of as hero figures. His father said he used to pretend being some of the players. I mean, I remember doing that at a young age, pretending to be some athlete.
 Post Reply Post Reply