Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Grand Birthday Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434445
Author
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Online Status: Offline
  Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Grand Birthday Thread
    Posted: 07-May-2007 at 03:21
Great idea Janus, well i am happy cause i inspired you for thatWink
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 03:11
I have stickied it, just so we don't lose it.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 02:27
I wasn't sure whether to make this move or not, as if to make those who have missed out on their on thread, sad. But now that Janus has done it, it's all good and worth it. I hope we can still take time to wish fellow members of AE a very happy birthday. Smile

- Knights -

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 01:13
Bravo, sir, bravo Clap

I had been wondering how to tackle this issue myself, but couldn't find a tactfully appropriate solution. Let's all post here and keep the tavern free for what it's there for.

Erkut happy bday!
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 01:06
erkut, actually reminded me of something I've been meaning to bring up....oh btw happy birthday.

Anyway, for the past few weeks I've been loathe to visit the tavern due to nearly half of all threads to be "Happy Birthday ________". Granted I know everyone should be appreciated on this forum individually and that birthdays are a great time to do this (since we can see them on the page). However I believe I am not the only one to have found this a little annoying.

That is why I am proposing a Grand Birthday Thread where everyone can post on people's birthdays. And so that this still seems personally I propose that when someone notices they post in huge lettering. So that we have a format that shows our appreciation.

So as an example:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERKUT!

Everything else you'd post better be normal sized or smaller......
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434445