Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Satan: Is he all bad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: So is Satan really the bad one?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [45.45%]
18 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satan: Is he all bad?
    Posted: 03-May-2007 at 21:55
Satan is supposed to be evil and god good. But when you think about it.

Satan has never committed mass genocide.
Has never exteriminated a race.
Or advocated slavery.
He's never denied man knowledge.
Commited murder or conspiracy to commit murder.
He's not sexist when it come to sexuality.
He's has never told the Isralites to commit mass rape.
Or mass paedephilia and child murder.
He doesn't believe his fiollowers should be stoned to death for the most minor infraction.
And most of all he's not a hypocrit and never contradicts himself.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 22:13
God is good, Satan is bad.

Join us.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 23:31
As always Paul's continued unconventional wit brightens the day.

Well Satan did manage to persuade 1/3 of God's employees to follow him, that doesn't reflect to well on the Lord's ability to inspire loyalty or of His leadership traits. If a modern CEO lost 1/3 of his staff to poaching by another corporation, the Board of Directors would fire him on the spot.

(P.S. we are doing all this in jest, have a laugh and no one take it too seriously)
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 23:45
I say Satan is a victim of "history is written from the view of the victors".
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 23:55
How do you know all of the things you mentioned were done by God and not Satan?
Theodore Felix View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Theodore Felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 00:05
Has anyone ever said that we are created in Satan's image?
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 04:54
Originally posted by mamikon

How do you know all of the things you mentioned were done by God and not Satan?

Are you suggesting the old testament is properganda from the other side?

The would make baptists and jews servants of the anti-christ......

Lets see.... and Satan said let there be light, and it will rain fall 40 days and 40 nights.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 05:38

I have wondered about that. If god is supposedly all powerful, surely he would not have allowed a Satan full of evil to exist. Unless of course, Satan is in gods employment, existing with gods approval, and working his will. Sort of the one to call for the dirty jobs.

And on the other hand, if Satan is the true enemy of god, than surely god cannot be all-powerful, and therefore seems no more worthy of worship than, for example, Satan, or any other mysterical entity of ones choosing.

So the existance of a Satan withing Christianity either means god does not have only good intentions, or it means god is a fraud.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 11:34
What is the historical background to Satan?

BTW I voted Satan good, God bad on the post's merits below the poll.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 12:05
Originally posted by Paul

Are you suggesting the old testament is properganda from the other side?

The would make baptists and jews servants of the anti-christ......

Lets see.... and Satan said let there be light, and it will rain fall 40 days and 40 nights.

Oh, I didn't know you were referring to the Testament in your description...I thought it was that of humanity in general.

But then again, even though I do believe in God (and that he is good), I am not religious and have not read either the Old, New and Future Testaments simply because I have no interest in religious studies.

I hope my ignorance in the matter has not besmirched the topic, but to give you an answer...it is possible that God and Satan colloborated...God did the good stuff, Satan the evil.

Why would God colloborate with the Satan if he were good? I think we can safely assume that Heaven got too crowded with "good" wannabees and they had to be deported to hell.

seriously...have you never seen "Little Nicky"?
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 12:20

In my mind if the "good guy" did the stuff mentioned in the bible why is there a need for a bad guy?

Good thread Paul.

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 12:23

God is good, Satan is bad.

This would be the correct statement.

Sorry to inform some people, but satan theologically, isn't pure evil. He is merely God's opponent. Satan's fall wasn't because he was evil, but because he disagreed with God over us. Satan and the fallen angels hate humanity and find us unworthy creatures, they refuse God's command to bow to us and that is why they are in error, according to christian belief.

Satan isn't evil, he just leads humans to do evil acts so that he can prove to God that we don't deserve God's kingdom.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 12:25
So..please bear with me. Humans need satan to tempt them into evil acts? I would say we were quite capable ourselves.

Where is the first mention of Satan in the bible and was he based on other religions gods ie Baal?
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 12:37
Originally posted by New User

In my mind if the "good guy" did the stuff mentioned in the bible why is there a need for a bad guy?

In Hollywood, there must be a bad guy to act agaisnt the good guy. That is all.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 12:39
Originally posted by JanusRook

Sorry to inform some people, but satan theologically, isn't pure evil

I agree, he is only misunderstood. In fact he makes a good chatting companion...or so I have heard
Jagiello View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Jagiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 12:56
Yeah,"great thread",God is evil,Satan is good,lets murder our parents and make a mass suicide in the form of satanist ritual.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 13:10
Oh, they lead you all up the garden path.
God , Lucifer, they are only persons in a bad comedy.
The screenlay is gruesome but the specators are exalted.
Everyone will get what he earns.
Have a look behind the stage and you will see God and Satan removing the make up. Pale guises, nothing to say anymore.

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 13:24
Accualy according to the Religious texts the devil only turned evil when man was created so

axxualy we are to blameBig%20smile
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2007 at 23:54

So..please bear with me. Humans need satan to tempt them into evil acts? I would say we were quite capable ourselves.

That's because satan is very, very active in this world. I'd say without satan we are incapable of evil. And I dare you to prove me wrong.

Where is the first mention of Satan in the bible and was he based on other religions gods ie Baal?

1 Chronicles 21:1, he's also mentioned in the Book of Job, and some people associate him with the Serpent in genesis.

I don't believe satan is based on other religions, insomuch as Yahweh is based on other religions.

I believe that later christianity attributed pagan attributes to the figure of satan, so that the popular version of satan is nothing like the actual satan.

Accualy according to the Religious texts the devil only turned evil when man was created so

The devil isn't actually evil, he just really hates humanity because we hold a higher position in heaven than the angels.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 01:58
Why, my dear fellows, you make a point of your weakness.
You feel controlled optional by God or the Satan. You invoke both if something evil has happened.
Why we don't have to determine our own destiny?
After several thousand years of history of the mankind we should have learned, that we can't count on God and the Satan.
Let's jettison these relicts of a time , where priests were able to scare the sh*t out of our four-legged fore-fathers and mothers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>