Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do conquerors ALWAYS rape?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do conquerors ALWAYS rape?
    Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 13:25
Originally posted by kurt

i should apologize for my angry response. short temper, you know.

but really, it is offensive that you suggest i condone rape. as i said, i wanted to look at it from another viewpoint, but you simply dismissed my points without considering them.

just for clarification: i DO think rape is a bad thing. its the fact that you assumed i condoned rape without really considering what i had to say that offended me.

like you said, lets try to have a civilized discussion and rebutt each others points.

hehe okay I think I should apologise if I have taken your words in a wrong way and will happily edit any posts you feel treats you in an unfair manner.
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 13:28
ah. from what i've read he was executed because he expressed views and beliefs which contradicted the beliefs of general Greek society, so the people in power decided to dispose of him.
kurt View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote kurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 13:43
Originally posted by New User

i should apologize for my angry response. short temper, you know.

but really, it is offensive that you suggest i condone rape. as i said, i wanted to look at it from another viewpoint, but you simply dismissed my points without considering them.

just for clarification: i DO think rape is a bad thing. its the fact that you assumed i condoned rape without really considering what i had to say that offended me.

like you said, lets try to have a civilized discussion and rebutt each others points.

hehe okay I think I should apologise if I have taken your words in a wrong way and will happily edit any posts you feel treats you in an unfair manner.

no need, we've resolved our dispute. i appreciate the gesture though.

I actually knew a lady who was forced to watch her mother get raped in world war one. armenian rebels called dashnaks raped her mother and forced her to watch. she was just a little kid too. the sadism behind rape is sickening sometimes ...
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 15:14
Let's just answer the question people. Conquerors don't always rape. They did many times, but that's not always the case.

Join us.
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 15:35
When? Do you have evidence and example.
I am a free donkey!
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 15:39

it is actually something of a tradition:
-the greeks did it when they captured troy

From all the wars Ancient Hellens/Greeks fought ,you chose the most vaguely described.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 17:38
Smile
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 17:46
Originally posted by New User

I would also add that there are incidents of rape in Iraq. For example  Paul. Cortez has been sentenced to 100 years for gang rape of a 14 yr old and the killing of her family.

There are terrible sites were loads of pictures of these rapes are put up. It is happening all over Iraq so please do not believe your countries media women and children are being raped in Iraq now and have been since the invasion.

??? I assume that you don't mean the US troops? The rapes and killings by the Marines are a disgrace but I like to think that are isolated incidents. They will happen again maybe but they will be dealed with promptly, as they should,  with the efficiency and the professionalism found in every Western military, not just the US.
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123