Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turks And Mongols

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turks And Mongols
    Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 11:27
sagolasin Oghuzkb karindas!

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:54
You know, the difference's obvious. You can observe how people of the same tribe differ in the forms of the head, how eyes are shaped and a lot more. Let alone for what you're talking about... Turks & Mongols. But, anyhow, Turks & Mongols used to live together as members of one united family sometime before.
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
oghuzkb View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oghuzkb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 13:55

Hi,DayI and Turkoglu,

Tesekkurler karindas,

Pleasure of mine

Edited by oghuzkb
ALLAH gave us two books---Quran and Nature.        ---Jamaliddin Efghany
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:03
   All skeletons found in Eastern Russia and Northern Mongolia were Mongoloid. In fact, Russians have distuingished two different species of human being in Russian Federatives.

Now, somewhere between 14000-4000 years ago, after the ice age finished, jungles started to grow in Mongolia and Siberia. In southern parts, people lived in Steppes. Anyhow, people followed the animals they had lived with them for thousands years, to north, until they reached to Pole border. This is the place where instruments of fire were found between years 1964-67, somewhere near 'Ust Tsilma' and 'Krutaya'.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:11
In this time, people started new careers for the living. Among people of 'kola', fishing and 'agriculture' among southern people was the main job. Then they started the archery. Also, they kept an especial kind of wolf, later called 'dog'. Later, in 3000 years B.C, most of Steppe men started to get on horses and fight, especially in around Angara and Baikol.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:37
   In this period, we observe great differneces in cultural structure of steppe men. It's completely understandable even by studying stone symbols. People started to leave the original dwelling to start new families. People who were of the same race and same society, left each other to be distinct.

As it turns out, it was due to the shift from 'matriarchal' period to 'patriarchal'. The development of productive elements (earth, tools, and people able to produce) brought new changes in social structure. Men jobs, especially in ironning and keeping horses were new economic roles. The result was that the balance in wealth was lost. The conflicts were too high; consider they knew to use iron also. Winners got the wealth of loosers. The combinations growed so fast; it was part of the procedure to defend themselves.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:57
That's how same people got devided to be called now 'Altaic people'. Now, Mongols, I belive, have ramined more pure racially, because they've been more isolated, probably. That's what I wanted to say about all those differences.
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 17:14
thanks for your information Gok-Toruk karindash!

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2006 at 02:04
Oh, Turkoglu, how's it going?
Degmez qarintsh
Erdene View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Erdene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2006 at 13:51
I have read the first page, very interesting, when I was back in MGL last summer, I went to the countryside and a local was telling me the names of the mountains around me and he told me that the names are of Turkish Princes who died in a Battle somewhere around there......I can't remember them now but If anyone is desperately interested!!! I may email back home and ask my parents...
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2006 at 21:31

Please do so, I'm really interested, thanks.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Either make a history or become a history.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 23:19

Erkin Ekrem is an Uighur. And if you wanna talk by appearance, then Kirghiz, Mongol, Kazak people are different than Turkey, Azerbaijan, tukmenistan people.

Nomads had a similar life, it is true. But Tunghus, Mongol and Turk tribes were of Altaic while Iranics were of Indo-European stock.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2006 at 23:22

Mate, our mosques are now the immitation of HAgia Sophia. Would you claim Hagia Sophia was made by Turks?

Turko-Mongols embraced the Iranic culture when they moved westward into Scythia, then Soghdia, then core Iran.

Why people keep repeating this? Scythians are Iranic, NOT TURKIC!!!! It is a valid fact (check Heredotus).

Originally posted by oghuzkb

links   

following two photos come from:
Margaret Oliphant ,The Atlas of The Ancient World,Simon & Schuster publication,1992

An ancient Scynthian(Sak) tomb have been found Altay reagion(belongs fifth century B.C.,look,the clothes and other features ,ornaments are quite similar with nowadays Turkic nomads!!

There are lot of Sak stone man or wumen sculeptures in my home town,which belongs around 4th century B.C.,i have some photos of them,i wil post later.

Edited by Tekir
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 23:21
Originally posted by Tekir

Erkin Ekrem is an Uighur. And if you wanna talk by appearance, then Kirghiz, Mongol, Kazak people are different than Turkey, Azerbaijan, tukmenistan people.

Nomads had a similar life, it is true. But Tunghus, Mongol and Turk tribes were of Altaic while Iranics were of Indo-European stock.

Is he the superviser of Ihsan? I read somewhere in Ihsan's post. Maybe he can elaborate it for us in more detail. As I remeber Chunwei were different from Shiwei tribes.

Be aware, ancient kyrgyzs are quite different from present day kyrgyzs. History records were very clear about their appearance. But now they have pretty strong mongoloid look. This only can be explained by the later Qitan and Mongol influence in the steppe.  Why not same goes to other Turkic tribes, Who were there before Kyrgyzs?

Caucasian tribes are always neglected in the central Asia. Current Tibetans have high rate of Caucasian feature, why?

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 11:59
Oh Tekir, Central Asians do differ among themselves when talking about appearance. A foreigner can say 'these are all alike'; but this does not mean you can classify (original) Turkmen looks in a class with Turks of Turkey of Azerbaican. Mixed people are found everywhere; but we distinguish who is pure and who is mixed.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 09:18
I think why we concider eachother so close is because there was no racisim in the steppes. with this I mean dude we look the same(mostly) clothes, we ride horses allday. I feel close to the mongolians closer then any other muslim people. The menality(Don't know if it's the right word i'm looking for) of those to people is the same the religion was the same. The ranks in the armies of both wasn't given by blood but abillity and skills. there were many turks in the mongolian armies and the other way also.
This is my humble opinion
Turks & mongols are brothers or cousins
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2006 at 23:19

Yes, Turks and Mongols are closely related now, as many Mongols were assimiliated by Turks and vice versa.

But originally, they were not from same family.

Edited by barbar - 29-May-2006 at 23:19
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 02:17
/is there  any racism in countries like Uzbekistan and Turkestan,some people lok arb and some chinese.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 03:14
Not at all. How come the people who are racially diverse themselves have the idea of racism?

xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2006 at 17:07
I think racisim is something that's invented in the west the past 200 or 300 years. In asia or the east people conciderd eacother different but I think they didn't judge eachother. If you want the job you just needed to be capableBig smile
My humble oppinion
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>