Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English FA Cup Final

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English FA Cup Final
    Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 09:28

..well, Man Utd v Chelsea in the FA Cup final this year and at the admittedly brilliant new Wembley Stadium...

...premiership football comes back to its spiritual home, the stadium for the 'masses'...and with the two best teams in the country in the final!!!.....for all footie fans everywhere, this one should, and i hope, will be a real treat!!!!

..the free flowing and fast paced game of Manure (sorry Man Utd!!), and i hate to say, Ronaldo on top form, against the resiliance and muscular Chelsea who never seem to tire and on a good day, can match Man Utd's fab football....

..come on you blues!!!!!!!!...Prediction??..John Terry to score the first goal with a header from an Ashley Cole (not Lampard) corner!!!!.....equaliser by Rooney, then the winner....a long range cracker from Essien (possibly Lampard)....2-1 to Chelsea....well, thats my dream anyway!!!..Big%20smile

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 17-Apr-2007 at 09:34
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 09:36
A Chelsea supporter ey? Well, can't say that I am an avid fan these days, but a few years back I was soccer (especially European) crazy - and a Man U fan. Big%20smile So, I'm backing the Reds! Star

PS. Wembley looks great too

- Knights -
New User View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote New User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 13:55
hehe well I have to say I reckon with the form Man U are showing its gonna be 2-1 to the reds.....

It's (hopefully) gonna be a great football game back in the spiritual home of the FA cup....glory days
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 14:48
Chelsea 3:2 Man Utd
Chelsea scorers - Cole, Essien, Drogba
Man Utd scorers - Carrick, Giggs

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 15:17
 Chelsea and Man UTD at Wembley,a super match but my happyness will be at it's highest level when the Blues crush the Red.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 15:29
Originally posted by axeman

..ha ha!!!..i will settle for that score as well, and would'nt that scoreline make for a damn good game..can't help getting excited having been a Chelsea fan for 35 years (so i was there before the billions rolled in!!..and remember demotion to the old Division 2!!)...just hope it won't be an anti-climax....

...a nice warm day, sunshine, Wembley packed to the rafters, all the build up on television before kick-off....me and  a few mates, a couple of beers or ten, and just wallow in the event!!!...and put to one side the nagging feeling and the crippling emotional torment that would follow if (if) we lose......Wink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 15:32
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

Chelsea and Man UTD at Wembley,a super match but my happyness will be at it's highest level when the Blues crush the Red.

..there will not be a high enough level for my happiness Ahmed if we beat Manure!!!!....if Chelsea beat Utd, look over the Iraqi skies that day and you will see an odd Englishman, slightly inebriated, floating by on some wispy looking clouds singing 'Blue is the coolur'...Big%20smile...
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 15:36
My bet is on Man U. 
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 15:36
Whichever one wins
Cry
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 16:54
Originally posted by gcle2003

Whichever one wins
Cry

..must be a Crystal Palace supporter...!!!!!Wink.....
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 17:09
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

Originally posted by gcle2003

Whichever one wins
Cry

..must be a Crystal Palace supporter...!!!!!Wink.....

gcle2003 is Southampton supporter as far as I know.
I also used to be saints fan when Marian Pahars played there.

Currently my favorite team is Tottenham in EPL.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 18:41

gcle2003 is Southampton supporter as far as I know.
I also used to be saints fan when Marian Pahars played there.

Currently my favorite team is Tottenham in EPL.

.... The saints legend Matt Le Tissier was/is one of my favourite players..so i suppose that can be forgiven!!!!!!

Edited by Act of Oblivion - 17-Apr-2007 at 18:41
Aydin View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Aydin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 22:28
You know it all depends how each of the sides perform in the league games prior to their meeting at the Bridge.

United play Middlesbrough (21st April - home), followed by away ties at Everton (28th April) as well as Man City (5th May) before travelling to the Bridge.

Likewise for Chelsea as they are away to West Ham tomorrow (18th April) then off to Newcastle (April 22nd) before hosting Bolton (28th April) and then off to Emirates against Arsenal (6th May).

Essentially, any team that drops points from now will decide the title.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 06:15
Originally posted by Aydin

You know it all depends how each of the sides perform in the league games prior to their meeting at the Bridge.

United play Middlesbrough (21st April - home), followed by away ties at Everton (28th April) as well as Man City (5th May) before travelling to the Bridge.

Likewise for Chelsea as they are away to West Ham tomorrow (18th April) then off to Newcastle (April 22nd) before hosting Bolton (28th April) and then off to Emirates against Arsenal (6th May).

Essentially, any team that drops points from now will decide the title.

...Hello Aydin...

..yes all that is true but that run in of games is to decide who wins the Premiership division title, and indeed, it could all be decided by yet another Man Utd v Chelsea game right at the end of the Premiership season...

...however, Utd and Chelsea meeting at Wembley is a cup tournament game and that is a separate trophy and independent from the Premiership title challenge...both teams have already qualified to reach the final and will play each other to see who lifts the FA Cup....however, the Premiership run-in could have some effect on both teams depending on how successful that final stage is for either team....whatever happens, the FA Cup final should be great, both teams should be up for it and produce a quality game....

....Its also possible that Utd and Chelsea could then meet in the final of the Champions League although that would be a more trickier achievement for either team...but you never know....'football's a funny old game'...as someone once said!!!!Big%20smile 
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 07:09
Originally posted by axeman

Chelsea? Score more than one goal in 90mins? No way. Thats impossible. Where is the Precident.

As for the Game..

0-0 for sure. It will go to Extra time, then penalties.

At least people will get some value for their money.. 35 for a crap ticket, 95 for the best tickets! bloody expensive.

Supporting Chelski is bad. I mean, how can you support Abromovich's billions? Chelsea is just not Chelsea, at least before Abromovich came along I had a little respect for them when they Beat Man Utd, now I feel nothing but hate whenever I pass Stamford Bridge and hear about Chelsea in the News. Smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 07:48

Chelsea? Score more than one goal in 90mins? No way. Thats impossible. Where is the Precident.

..it happens, rarely with Chelsea at the moment i admit, but at some point , this run of late goals will end and more will come earlier in the game, could be that will happen in the final? ...anyone remember 1-0 to the Arsenal?...christ, they lived off that score line for ages, but look at them now, inconsistant, but stunning football at times, better than Man Utd at times, but, and a big but, the Arsenal are not winners right now...Chelsea play a fairly pedestrian kind of game, and that in part, is due to the pressure to win...its being cagey....Roman wants football like Arsenal, but it does not produce winning results, i think Chelsea are gradually developing the crucial winning/good football conbination, but it takes time......Chelsea are not a very risky side, they tend to 'cruise' games unless called upon to bring a game back, hence the brilliant win against Valencia...they can do it, but for now, its about winning.... 

..of course Roman's money is important, but no Chelsea fan 'supports' the money, they support the team, many fans will argue that they have paid their dues in the past by supporting a team that has always promised much but failed to deliver...no one, inlcuding me, enjoys the controversy over Roman's money, but most of the criticism is simple envy...no team, and i mean NO team, would turn down such investment, and it is rubbish that the money 'bought' success, it bought players at inflated prices to do a job, and if the players (and the manager) do not perform, then no success...no one bats an eyelid when Liverpool or Man Utd are being heavily invested in by huge takeovers, these people who buy such clubs ARE buying success, Liverpool and Utd are proven winners, and it is sound investment....Uncle Abramovich bought a mid-table team, inconsistant, wishy-washy as winners, and turned the club around towards success....most of my friends who all support different teams (Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham, Bristol Rovers (?), Newcastle), while admitting envious feelings, all think that Roman's money has been a good thing for the Premiership, it produces competition, sets high standards and encourages better quality players to the English league, therefore, the league gets better..and is arguably the best league in the world, or at least as equal as the Spanish...

.at the end of the day, money is used as an excuse to criticise, its easy to fall back on such things when one fan wants to be vindictive to another, but the majority really do not care, its about the game, the quality, and the English fans passion is ingrained with loyalty, stubborness to give in, and the love of the game comes from the head and the heart, filtered by years of cutural and social attachment...the Bristol Rovers friend has the same kind of commitment and passion for his club as i do for Chelsea, no difference, nice to be a winner, but if not, one keeps the sentiment for one's colours.....i cannot understand at all how someone can support one team and then change their mind at a later date, that is about 'buying' success or money....loyalty should remain whether the current situation is going up or going down....Big%20smile

..back to the FA Cup Final, can't see it being 0-0, possible, but unlikely, too much presuure and desire to win outright on both sides...   

Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 08:22
Its a question of where that money came from, how he got it and what he uses it for.

Now yes, Man Utd and Liverpool have been bought out and West ham, by multi Billionaires etc. But by Normal Business Men. That fair enough. But Chelskia and Abromovich - This is wrong. Abromovich should not be allowed into Britain, let alone own a major British business and the real estate that goes along with it.

Its not buying success I have a problem with, although that is fairly bad. Using vast amounts of money to produce teams that have little or no English footballers in it. I mean How many English Chelsea Players - 5? 2/3 of which a regular. How many are coming through the Youth Teams etc? At least Man Utd has a reputation of brining on English footballers from youth and hve probably been the single most important team for English national football in the past 10 years. Chelsea does not hold that reputation, their English players are all bought, except for John Terry.

You are right that other teams are not Innocent. Arsenal generally never have English players in the team at all. Liverpool are slowly but surely erradicating English players, infavour of Spanish players.

It doesn't, in my opinion, Improve English footballs. It improves Club football, which is leading into superleagues accross Europe. I think it should be made like Cricket, 2 Foreign Players Max, unless they are retired from Internationals.

I'd also like to know How Chelsea were mid Table when Abromovich bought them? they were 4th 2002/2003 and came 2nd when Abromovich first took over. Thats Hardly Mid Table, please.

Oh and my criticism is not envy. I support York City. I really couldn't care less about money in football. My anger against Abromovich and his money is political, not football related. I don't understand why people stand by and let their football club be taken over by a man like Abromovich. People are so fickle.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 08:35

...look, this was meant to be a celebration of whats good in the game of football, this could turn into an endless discussion of football 'politics' and the like, i too have no concern over the money, but nor do i have much interest in the politics either, just the game...

...money and poltical filth is all round our society, in all aspects, and i am sure that some way or another, you are 'supporting' one of these aspects in your own life...so am i...what can you or i do about that?....i love my football, my team have been with me for 35 years, and i have been with them, its not so much a 'team' of foreign players i support, but a personal concept (for want of a better phrase)...and if i have to shut my eyes to certain aspects of footballing policy, then so be it, my team and football provide me with one of the very few highlights in our political and money orientated world.....York City eh?...well i bet you feel exactly the same way as me about your team...money or no money.....
Ovidius View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Ovidius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 08:39
Apologies, I was just stating my reason for supporting Man Utd in the Cup Final.

Chelsea Play boring football, Use dirty money, bought their way to the top and don't promote English football.

Which is why I think Man Utd deserve to win. Smile

Edited by Ovidius - 18-Apr-2007 at 08:39
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 11:58
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

..there will not be a high enough level for my happiness Ahmed if we beat Manure!!!!....if Chelsea beat Utd, look over the Iraqi skies that day and you will see an odd Englishman, slightly inebriated, floating by on some wispy looking clouds singing 'Blue is the coolur'...Big%20smile...
The Blues rocks,I can't forget  4-0 ten years ago,so they must beat the UTD,I am eager for new revenge.
I'll watch the sky comrade,Wink.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>