Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

21 Dead in Virginia Tech shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 21 Dead in Virginia Tech shooting
    Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 14:55
Today there was a terrible shooting at Virginia Tech University, 21 people are dead. This is the worst school shooting in US history.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech.shooting/index.html

I don't understand how people can do this.
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 15:16

It's actually 32 now.  I go to Virginia Tech and study engineering there, as does my sister who studies animal science.  We are both safe and all those we know personally are safe.

I was on campus when this happened.  I was sitting in a chair of one of our longues when my mother called me and told me that my sister had just been on the phone with her and told her of a shooting in her dorm room.  I then proceeded to the computer lab part of the building to check the university website and was in there when the building was put on lockdown.  Across the entire campus police cars and armed law enforcement officers from across the entire region and the state swarmed about.  A group of people from a neighboring building were evacuated through our building and told us of the greater massacre.  A personal friend of mine had a class in that building, but it was cancelled today.  Another friend of mine teaches in that building, but was fortunately unharmed.

It's insane to see this on the news and recognize all the place names and realize you've taken classes in the building that is now a crime scene.  We all wish we could wake up from this and have it all be a terrible dream.
Member of IAEA
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 15:29

may God be with their families,it is madness,why he did that no one will know.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 15:41
Originally posted by Genghis

It's actually 32 now.  I go to Virginia Tech and study engineering there, as does my sister who studies animal science.  We are both safe and all those we know personally are safe.

I was on campus when this happened.  I was sitting in a chair of one of our longues when my mother called me and told me that my sister had just been on the phone with her and told her of a shooting in her dorm room.  I then proceeded to the computer lab part of the building to check the university website and was in there when the building was put on lockdown.  Across the entire campus police cars and armed law enforcement officers from across the entire region and the state swarmed about.  A group of people from a neighboring building were evacuated through our building and told us of the greater massacre.  A personal friend of mine had a class in that building, but it was cancelled today.  Another friend of mine teaches in that building, but was fortunately unharmed.

It's insane to see this on the news and recognize all the place names and realize you've taken classes in the building that is now a crime scene.  We all wish we could wake up from this and have it all be a terrible dream.
Genghis,I am so glad you are safe and your friends too. 
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 16:12
Glad both of you are safe considering these awful things happening is such close proximity to you recently.
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 16:14
But why does it happen so often in US? what can be the reason except that people have easy access to weapon? It can't be the main reason cause I think in Canada it is the same thing with the weapon as in US but such tragedies don't happen.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 16:16
Glad you are safe, fellows. And I am sorry for the kids that died.

Any ideas of whom was the animal that killed so many people? What's behind all of this and why the U.S. suffers this attacks every few years?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 16:31
Absolutely shocking... Glad to hear you and your sister are safe and well Genghis.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 17:13
I am glad to hear you and your sister are safe Genghis! My heart goes out to the families of the victims. I still don't know the motive of the gunmen- I don't know if anybody really knows. I just don't understand why a person would commit such a crime.
     Edward Abbey
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 17:15
Originally posted by Majkes

But why does it happen so often in US? what can be the reason except that people have easy access to weapon? It can't be the main reason cause I think in Canada it is the same thing with the weapon as in US but such tragedies don't happen.

Actually there was a shooting at a college somewhere in Canada about a year ago. If I remember correctly it was in Montreal? Anybody else remember this one?
     Edward Abbey
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 18:48
Yes, only 1 person died I think.  It was at Dawson college in Montreal.
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 18:55
Originally posted by Genghis

The first thought that came to my mind when I heard was if you were a student there. Good to hear you're ok, it must be terrible for everyone there.
Lord Ranulf View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Lord Ranulf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 19:09
Senseless and tragic many well wishes to the students and families who have all suffered loss today.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 19:40
Thanks for your words of sympathy guys, it really does mean a lot to us at Virginia Tech.
Member of IAEA
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 20:07
glad ur safe genghis. also i heard that the shooter was originally gona kill his girlfriend, couldnt find her at her dorm. and when the RA came and saw him and asked what he was doing the guy shot him. Also he roamed around campus for two hours to get to the spot where he killed 32 people. Does anybody have a clue how come nobody noticed him during those two hours? Does he have accomplices that are still out there?
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 20:24
I will never understand this sort of thing.

Glad to hear you & your family and freinds are safe Genghis.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 20:45
Ghengiz

Im so sorry to hear this man, it must be terrible, I'm glad your safe and well, hope the injured ones get better.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 20:57
What's with April?

The Columbine shooting was on April 20th eight years ago, the shooting in Taber Alberta a week after that. Last week a teen was arrested in Calgary for planning to attack his high school, and now this, the worst ever.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 01:08

Genghis was the first person I thought of when I heard. Very glad you are allright.

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 02:44
How absolutely horrific, glad Genghis is alright. What this incident will provoke here is more thought on exactly what enables a person to go on a sustained shooting rampage which lasts two hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>