Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Map of Achaemenid Empire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TheArchdukeofCats View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheArchdukeofCats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Map of Achaemenid Empire
    Posted: 15-Jan-2018 at 12:21
I would like to use this map in a presentation. Could the O.P please contact me via email? archdukeofcats@gmail.com
Khashayarshah View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Khashayarshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 18:15
wonderful map! it shows where and who the people the persians conquered were!
Shiroyeh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Shiroyeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 20:32
^^ Ave you are talking about completely the wrong period in Persian history mate... but anyway, what are you trying to get at?

Exelant map Cyrus! I did not realise some of the reliefes were destroyed from looking at the map lol

Edited by Shiroyeh - 23-Sep-2006 at 20:34
' How shall a man escape from that which is written; How shall he flee from his destiny? ' Ferdowsi
Ave1 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Ave1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 04:08
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

No, but I don't think they had long beards.

This is confirmed in Muslim texts as well. (Assuming that Achamenian Kings and Sassanian Kings had the same traditions)

The administrator of Yemen, appointed by Sassanian ruler at the time, sent two envoys to the Messenger of Allah (sall Allahu alay wa salam) to summon him.

When they came into his presence, he noticed that they had shaved their beards and grew their moustaches.

He irked to look at them (because of their odd appearance) and he said: Woe be to you, who told you to do so? They replied: "Our lord! (referring to the Sassanian King.)" The Messenger of Allah (sall Allahu alay wa salam) then said:

But my Lord, may He be exalted and glorified, has commanded me to leave alone my beard (Classified as "Hasan" by Al-Albaani)

In any event, that is a very interesting map and graphic, Cyrus, thanks. 

Edited by Ave1 - 23-Sep-2006 at 04:11
"Not one American Christian in a hundred realizes that if he lived in Israel, he would be the victim of official discrimination forced...to carry an identification card" - Joseph Sobran
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 03:58
No, but I don't think they had long beards.
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 14:12
Cyrus is it true that Achamanid kings and nobels wore false beards?
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 18:44
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

good map from capable man in history you are briliant this empire brought down 180 nations to it rule
sure they did, did you include Hobbits and Elves as well? cuz that makes it 182 nations.
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 14:54
good map from capable man in history you are briliant this empire brought down 180 nations to it rule
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 02:45

The Cappadocian should be farther east, just behind the Armenian.  Right now he's where I would put a Lydian subject.

The Cappadocian should be just about the middle between the Ionian and the Armenian.  Where the Cappadocian is now, I would put a Phrygian.  I would put the Ionian just a little further west in order to have enough room enough to put a Lydian.

Scythians should be Sakas on the map. Scythians were on the northeast of Thracians.

In Persian designations all Scythians are Sakas, just as to the Greeks, all Sakas are Scythians.  But, yes, just as Cyrus have drawn a distinction between "Greeks" and "Ionians", known collectively by the Persians as Yauna, "Ionians", he should distinguish the "Scythians" and "Sakas", known collectively by the Persians as Saka, likewise. 

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2005 at 07:41

Scythians should be Sakas on the map. Scythians were on the northeast of Thracians.

Berosus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Berosus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2005 at 07:25
The Cappadocian should be farther east, just behind the Armenian.  Right now he's where I would put a Lydian subject.
Nothing truly great is achieved through moderation.--Prof. M.A.R. Barker
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2005 at 12:49
wow, great job Cyrus 
Cyrus maybe u could add the borders of dominion to the map as well.

Originally posted by Christscrusader

Since when were there greek subjects?
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

When Darius the Great conquered northern and eastern Greece.

and later Xerxes conquered Athens and burned Acropolis -> So Sad...
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2005 at 02:33

Great stuff Cyrus, mind if I repost it at other message boards?

no problem, just mention the source, thanks!

When Darius the Great conquered northern and eastern Greece.

and whats the big difference between the Ionians and the Greeks? Weren't they mostly the same?

You should know it better than me, both of them have been mentioned as Yauna by Persians but they were not the same.

Yauna tyaiy ushkahya uta tyaiy drayahya uta dahyava tya para draya
Ionians who are of the mainland and (those) who are by the sea, and countries which are across the sea.

Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2005 at 00:01
and whats the big difference between the Ionians and the Greeks? Weren't they mostly the same?
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 23:48
Wow that's a great map!  I like the Ethiopian dude.
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 23:26
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Scythian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Scythian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 23:20
So, how do you like my hat, eh?

Great stuff Cyrus, mind if I repost it at other message boards?
I'll put a link to this forum, but it would be smart if you
added a URL onto the map.
Faran View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Faran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 20:43

ha-kha-man-e-SHI (Achaemenid) from ha-kha-man-ESH (Achaemenes), the founder, the "i" at the end turning it into an adjective.

The second "a" is pronounced as in "wall" and the other two as in "cat".

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 11:44

littel off topic but how do you prononce the name of this empire?

is it Hakhameneh?

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 03:01
The shaving fashion came in the Hellenistic period, at the 4th century BC and passed to the Romans as well. Before that they kept beards.
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>