Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Great Pretender

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Great Pretender
    Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 17:53
I think I found a claimant to the recently vacated throne of the (West) Roman Empire. Its hard to believe, but I think this is meant to be serious:
"In an Imperial, Sacred, Apostolic and Caesarian Bull of June 15, 1990, promulgated by His Royal and Imperial Highness, Dominus Saul III Caesar Augustus, Duke of Carthage, Porphyrogenitus of the Holy Roman Empire (in exile), the Royal and Serene House of Alabona-Ostrogojsk was further elevated by federation with the Holy Roman Empire (in exile) when Prince William was invested and elevated with the Hereditary Title and Dignity as Prince of Garama under the dynastic name of Dominus Lucius V Gulielmus Antonius, with full and complete independent sovereign and royal prerogatives, rights and privileges. The Principality of Garama was a well-established country when military subjugated by Rome in the 1st Century BC and is centered on the Fezzan region of North Africa."

www.okhs.org

I can see it now: ..Legions on the march to Romecarrying Dominus Saul III on their shieldsand reinstating their Caesar on the throne that is rightfully hisyou couldnt make it up.

Now, I am working momentarily on my claim to the throne of the German Empire, as I am probably due to the colour of my hair a direct descendant of Frederik I Barbarossa ( with the red beard), so watch this space.
Anyway, is anybody else of you a royal pretender or has heard of any ? Let me know!

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 20:23
i am the king of America

i might have a claim to be the king of ireland, or at least one of the counties....something i read said that murphy's are the rulers of ireland, but there are tons of murphys, so i don't know about my chances there
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 10:56

I especially like the form to enter the The Religious and Military Order of Knights of the Holy Sepulchre. It looks like a form to apply for a job at McDonald's.

By the way, I am a distant relative of the House of Lancaster. Might be something in for me when old Queen Liz II steps out of the picture...

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 14:23
well, actually Otto von habsburg is teh legal sucessor of teh western Roman empire..AND the eastern Roman (Byzantium): http://www.hostkingdom.net/pretends.html
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 19:56
I have full heridity rights to Americas throne (both native and white settler) and heredity rights to Japan, therfore I claim a pan-Pacific EMpire of the United States, Japan, and all of their former and current imperial possesions, which gives me rights to Puerto Rico, Korea, most islands in the Pacific, Taiwan, Manchuria, Cuba, Iraq, doubly Vietnam, Liberia, Sakhalin island.  Once this base is set up I then can have the backing for my more tenous claims (also by heredity though less so) of Ireland, Germany, and England.  I figure England alone by extension than gives me 1/4 of the world to add to this, and Ireland gives me entitlments to every land Celts once lived in, Germany gives me Austria (cause its really the same thing anyway) and all areas conquered by germans at any given point, basically all of Europe into Russia.  Well, I reckon if you go with these chains long enough anyone could reason out a claimn to the entire world.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 20:02
You forgot Afghanistan and the Phillippines my lord.

Edited by Gubukjanggoon
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 20:07
oh right, thank you for your informative but dreadfull forthrightness governor general of the Kim Chee division 
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 20:09
Lolz
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 15:30
Originally posted by Temujin

well, actually Otto von habsburg is teh legal sucessor of teh western Roman empire..AND the eastern Roman (Byzantium): http://www.hostkingdom.net/pretends.html

Legal heir of the Byzantine Empire, I don't think so.There are at least two more deserving pretenders:

utenti.lycos.it/HERE/

www.new-byzantium.org/houseof.html

You couldn't make it up!

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 02:22

i think the former persian empiress still call herself an Empress of Persia

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2005 at 19:48

Personally I am happy working towards becoming a grotesquely wealthy private citizen, the ego trip of royalty ain't worth it. One performer I quite like once said: "I can't stand the fame of celebrity, I do love the money though. If I could I would throw away the fame and just keep the money."

Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Achilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2005 at 12:04

Murph, if you are the King of America then i am The king of Central and Eastern Europe! No longer will my lands be the crap-hole of the world. I will transform my empire into the greatest nation ever seen!

HaHa that would be great eh?

Edited by Achilles
Der Erste hat den Tod,
Der Zweite hat die Not,
Der Dritte erst hat Brot.

Fur immer frei und ungeteilt
-always free and undivided-

poirot View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Editorial Staff

Quote poirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 21:25
I am the Emperor of the North Pole!
AAAAAAAAAA
"The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.�   ~ HG Wells

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 11:21
Originally posted by poirot

I am the Emperor of the North Pole!

That's impossible, because of two reasons.
Firstly the north pole is not an empire but a grand duchy, and secondly because I am already grand duke of the north pole!
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2005 at 18:07
sorry to you guys ,but i had been at the pole in 1994 .i travelled with my class ,it was fascinating...

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2005 at 18:48
I may claim the duchies of Mantua and Ferrara, as the Habsburgs (Este) have abandoned them. I might also claim Treviso and Padova but I see more future on my negotiations with H.I.M. the Emperor of Virginia, etc. to a barony in the Virgin Islands, actually. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
 Post Reply Post Reply