Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Special Forces

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Who do you think was/are the most highly trained special forces units?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [3.28%]
27 [44.26%]
18 [29.51%]
3 [4.92%]
11 [18.03%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
ChickenShoes View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChickenShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special Forces
    Posted: 11-Apr-2007 at 10:25
I'm a noob, but real curious to see what people think of this!
It is not enough that I succeed - everyone else must fail
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2007 at 10:43
Either the British SAS or the Australian SASR (I have my bias Wink). I voted for the British SAS as the SASR are not on the list. 
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2007 at 01:30
I really like the British SAS and it's Oz counter-part. But i suppose my nationality & bias get's in the way more often than it really should!

Preferably, my choice would have been Delta. But, seeing that they are not on this poll, i went with the USN Seals seeing that they cross train with Delta more than any other special force service in the US armed forces.

Now if we were too combine British SAS, Austrailian SAS, USN Seals & Delta into a permanently combined operational force, that would be an incredibly hard combo too beat! Sure... that thought sounds a bit childish, but i'm just imagining the possibilities, so please... humor me just a little bit Wink!
Christ-Knight View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Christ-Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2007 at 20:23
There's a lot of Forces which are missing in this poll... For me, the best German force are the KSK, and those ones who are consider the best of best are the Portuguese Special Operations (Operaes Especiais) and the DAE (Deteachement of Special Forces - Marines). Go to the internet and look for that.. (In the European Union defence politics, those ones who are responsable for the Spec Ops jobs are the Portuguese forces. For example, the sea control is made by Greece.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 13:14
no one f**ks with the S.A.S man, they're the OGs of kicking ass and taking names
Knight
Knight

Quote Christ-Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 08:03
Originally posted by KingClown

no one f**ks with the S.A.S man, they're the OGs of kicking ass and taking names

The SAS are good... but the DAE are better... you can not compare... the DAE are only 20 soldiers.... you can imagine how good they are...  I know one...
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 08:08
My vote for the SAS/SASR is based on their success/antics, selection and training.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 11:26
I went with NAVY seals, they're as tough as nails. Takes 48 weeks of training, or 11months. Just watching a show on hell week amazed me. Soldiers are givenm the option to leave at anytime during hell week if they can't handle it, and quite a few drop out. If I remember right, they leave their combat boots and I believe something with their name under a bell that they ring to announce they are leaving. They remain their as a reminder and sort of taunt the others as they have to walk by them everyday. It either gives them strength saying you made it this far keep going, or makes them think they can leave and just plays on psychologically on their mind.

you can read the training they have to go through here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_SEALs 

I think I found part 1 of the show, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67L35y77cWQ This is hellweek, not their training, but a event to only find those committed to being a Navy Seal.

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 15-Apr-2007 at 11:29
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote ChickenShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 12:16

Sorry I didn't put any other special forces, when it came to any commonwealth forces I just kind of mentally grouped them with the SAS so if you wanna vote for them, just consider that. Also, I don't know all that many and couldn't decide easily between all the Russian special forces and the French special forces.

Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 14:30
Red Berets of Turkey has been winning special forces competetion for 2 years.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 17:56
They don't have the profile of the SAS but I think the British SBS is probably one of the best special forces.
Squire View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Quote Squire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 19:06

I would have voted for the Australian SASR but they were'nt on the list. So I chose The british SAS.The American Navy Seals are overrated they are just good soldiers put to the rank of navy seal.my second vote would be on the Russian Spetsnaz because of there training in covert ops.

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 19:14
The American Navy Seals are overrated they are just good soldiers put to the rank of navy seal.
If you say that then you know next to nothing about them.
You could've said that they weren't the best, but to say that is pretty far from the truth, very far.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 19:32
S&D is right, both the SEALs and SBS are trained to a greater level than other special forces. They have to be able to operate both on land and in the water. They are also in high demand as security "consultants" when they leave the service.

Edited by DukeC - 15-Apr-2007 at 19:36
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote ChickenShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 21:22
If you Wikipedia it says that the SAS are the most-well trained military units in the world, but this is all opinion and even who you admire most.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 22:08
yes its all rather subjective.

What training are we rating them on? most of what they know and do is top secret. allot these guys crosstrain and most probably have strengths and weakness relative to only each other. However  the differnces are most probably small, unknown to us and i'll assume with the resources spent on them, a by-product of what their main mission profiles are anyway.

Spetnaz howver is more of a comando type unit, rather than spec opps. they shouldnt be in this list.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 23:17
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

I went with NAVY seals, they're as tough as nails. Takes 48 weeks of training, or 11months. Just watching a show on hell week amazed me. Soldiers are givenm the option to leave at anytime during hell week if they can't handle it, and quite a few drop out. If I remember right, they leave their combat boots and I believe something with their name under a bell that they ring to announce they are leaving. They remain their as a reminder and sort of taunt the others as they have to walk by them everyday. It either gives them strength saying you made it this far keep going, or makes them think they can leave and just plays on psychologically on their mind.

you can read the training they have to go through here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_SEALs 

I think I found part 1 of the show, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67L35y77cWQ This is hellweek, not their training, but a event to only find those committed to being a Navy Seal.

A good book on where to read about Hell week and that is the autobiography of Richard Marcinko (who is the creator of SEAL-6) called 'Rogue Warrior'. I read this book for english last year and absolutely loved it.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 23:19
My vote goes for the Australian SASR then the British SAS.
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 00:37
Originally posted by ChickenShoes

If you Wikipedia it says that the SAS are the most-well trained military units in the world, but this is all opinion and even who you admire most.

British SBS personel have to go through the SAS selection process before they do the swimmer canoeist training.

Edited by DukeC - 16-Apr-2007 at 00:38
Knight
Knight

Quote Christ-Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 13:15
The Navy Seals have too much propaganda... They have huge and awsome equipment, but as soldiers... they are nothing special....  Notice that every force that are here in this poll are known... the DAE are unknown... and they have the FIRST place in special forces in the world, I can assure you all! the best forces are DAE, Spetsnaz, French Legion, KSK, SAS, Belgium Commandos. Europe rullezzzz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>