Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic art history project: Help please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Seifulah View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seifulah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic art history project: Help please!
    Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 03:41
I'm in the process of writing a paper on Islamic art. I once seen these amazing paintings of Hazrat Ali (nephew of Muhammad ibn Abdulah) and his sons a while back while watching television. The paintings had renaissance-esque flare to them. They also had very accurate depictions of the human form. The pictures look really sad, one even had a arrow protruding from Huseins (son of Ali) baby's chest if I remember correctly. If anyone has any pics or info relating to this subject matter I would greatly appreciate it if you were to kindly share it with me. Thanks.
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 04:22
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 06:18
Originally posted by Seifulah

I'm in the process of writing a paper on Islamic art. I once seen these amazing paintings of Hazrat Ali (nephew of Muhammad ibn Abdulah) and his sons a while back while watching television. The paintings had renaissance-esque flare to them. They also had very accurate depictions of the human form. The pictures look really sad, one even had a arrow protruding from Huseins (son of Ali) baby's chest if I remember correctly. If anyone has any pics or info relating to this subject matter I would greatly appreciate it if you were to kindly share it with me. Thanks.

Those are not true depictions since no images of the mentioned had survived or been around during their lives.
Seifulah View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Seifulah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 07:23
I understand this. My intent is simply to write about the creation of the art. It doesn't matter if the historical figure was around at the time of the creation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply