Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question
    Posted: 12-Aug-2004 at 00:39
Could someone tell me why we must lump India Africa and the Americas in one section?  They dont have some common interconnecting thread other than foreign exploitation!  If you make one seperate for Africa I garuntee I will post alot in it with facts and other vunderbar goodness!
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2004 at 10:49
Tru, always wondered that, never understood
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2004 at 12:33
I agree that they should be separated.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2004 at 15:01

If people seperated them I could do articles about North American natives and African antions to put some substance in them.

Right now I am capable of writing about Ethiopia, Mali, Moorish SPain, Kongo, and Nubia, plus Iroquois confederacy and Indian wars.

Soon I hope to be able to write of Lenape, Ghana, Benin, Zimbabwe adn stuff.  I would appreciate any help if this becomes a possibilty

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Tonifranz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Tonifranz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2004 at 20:02
How about the United States of America and Canada? Are those two nations included since they are part of the Americas?
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2004 at 23:05
I'm a strong believer that either topic split up should be geography based, ie, one for each continent, maybe split Asia in two, or have a seperate Islamic world or whatever, or it should be done on the basis of time peroid.
Not a mix of both, too many forums, and well, too complex.

So thats something we might want to consider, right now, before there are too many topics floating around.
Arrrgh!!"
Jr_Capablanca View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Jr_Capablanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2004 at 05:11

Hello!

I agree with Tobodai and anujkhamar. We should split this section into two new ones.

/Capa

Edited by Jr_Capablanca
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2004 at 10:42
Oh god, more forums!

Put India in the Asia forum. Its an Asian country, its in Asia, Dito for South East Asia, and leave this as the Americas (North and South) forum
Arrrgh!!"
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2004 at 13:49
I agree with Cywr.  It will make the fourm looks as if it had more threads and thus prospering- which will attract more forumers.  Just like how in US everything is like 9.99, 4.99 without counting tax.  A psycological trick in other words.
Grrr..
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2004 at 13:54
I'm with Cywr as well.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2004 at 14:12
I seem to have neglected Africa there though

Hmm, We need to make up our minds, Geography, or time, but not both.
Khakhan (or whatever his new name is) mentioned that there is a feature for sub forums, maybe we could have a simple 5 continent look on the main page, and within each continent/regional division, we can havw sub forums for time peroid and/or regions within that continent (would be needed for Asia because its so huge).
Furthermore it might be possible to say, for the Islamic Empires thing, to have the sub-forum listed in both Europe, Africa and Asia (seeing as all 3 continents were parts of various Islamic Empires) and so on, and linked to the same one.

Gonna reply to Khakhan's therad in the meeting hall, i suggest we continue this discussion there, as it is more visible, and concerns more than just this forum.

Edited by Cywr
Arrrgh!!"
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2004 at 22:34

Originally posted by Tonifranz

How about the United States of America and Canada? Are those two nations included since they are part of the Americas?

Hi Tonifranz:

The India, Americas forums covers the ancient history of those regions, just as the medieval forums studies Europe on an specific period of time.

Regards

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 23:52
I agree, the areas have nothing to do with each other...
Tonifranz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Tonifranz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2004 at 16:55

Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

Hi Tonifranz:

The India, Americas forums covers the ancient history of those regions, just as the medieval forums studies Europe on an specific period of time.

Regards

Thanks for the clarification!!!

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 01:25

Youre wellcome, buddie.

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 13:07
I still think those areas should get their own threads.
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 11:18
India deserves a separate forum.
Jai Badri Vishal
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 14:00
Cywr is right....

If we create a separate Indian Forum, then if I want to make a thread about the Mogul Empire, or the Delhi Sultanate, would I put it there, or in the Islamic forum?
Itihaas View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Itihaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2005 at 21:04

Islamic History is primarily dedicated to Middle East so I assume you would put it in the India section...

Could someone tell me why we must lump India Africa and the Americas in one section?  They dont have some common interconnecting thread other than foreign exploitation!  If you make one seperate for Africa I garuntee I will post alot in it with facts and other vunderbar goodness!

You're a mod, you can change it can't you?

Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2005 at 07:51

Originally posted by Jazz

Cywr is right....

If we create a separate Indian Forum, then if I want to make a thread about the Mogul Empire, or the Delhi Sultanate, would I put it there, or in the Islamic forum?

Moguls ruled over India n Delhi {N.Delhi} is the capital city of India so I guess u would put it in Indian forum.

Jai Badri Vishal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>