Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Theory of Everything

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Theory of Everything
    Posted: 01-Apr-2007 at 14:34
The Theory of everything is explained to an extent in this video I first watched when I was in high school. It's called The Elegant Universe and I've been searching for it since I graduated. I could never find it, but today, not only did I find out it's name, I found the video online. And now I can finally share it with you guys.
This is the video that I first learned of string Theory, and the video just amazed me on how much this Theory will explain if and when completely solved.
Anyways here it is, you'll need quicktime or realvideo to watch it, and to me it's worth the watch. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
It's broken up into hours, and within those hours are about 6min chapters. I just started watching it and had to post it for you guys.

I'm very happy that I finally found it!Big%20smile
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 10:13
Thanks - but something's wrong with my sound system Cry
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 10:37
Thanks Search, I watched Chapter 1 amazing begining,I' ll watch the others tonight.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 13:05
This theory has fascinated me more then anything else, it really amazes me.
I'm glad you enjoyed what you've watched so far. And I hope you solve the problem gcle, it's really worth the watch.
Have you tried both players? Maybe just one isn't working for you?

Edited by SearchAndDestroy - 02-Apr-2007 at 13:08
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2007 at 10:35
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

This theory has fascinated me more then anything else, it really amazes me.
I'm glad you enjoyed what you've watched so far. And I hope you solve the problem gcle, it's really worth the watch.
Have you tried both players? Maybe just one isn't working for you?

No it's a hardware problem I'm pretty sure. The speakers are terribly blurred, especially the woofer. I can't play CDs on the system either, so I doubt it's software.

When I get around to it I'll buy some new speakers.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2007 at 12:56
Atleast it's something that can be solves easily. Hope you get to watch it soon, I've never been so impressed with science as String Theory. And it can be proven fact with the CERN atom smasher or particle accelerator, both mean the samething.

Kind of surpised no one else has taken a look at this.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 11:19
Watched, and noted. Thanks SearchAndDestroy
 Post Reply Post Reply