Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reference material on the BTC pipeline required!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reference material on the BTC pipeline required!
    Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 13:35
(Baku-Tblisi-Ceyhan pipeline constructed by a consortium of MNC oil companies headed by BP.)

Please post recommendations, particularly with respect to BP's corporate social responsibility, corruption in Azarbaijan, Georgia and Turkey and any related human rights violations (both legal and physical) in these countries.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 15:51
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 15:53
You can always start with the refences giving in Wikipedia.

Wikipedia

For the position of BP on this,

BP's site on this subject

And for recent news stories, I often use
Google News

This is, of course, general information resources information. I hope that people who are experts in the area will contribute as well.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 15:23
Thanks guys.  I think others like BG Turk and Bulldog are quite well informed on this.

I would appreciate information from both perspectives, those for it and those against it and their arguments (preferably with sources, online or otherwise).

I will be applying ethics frameworks for a paper I am doing.

Edited by Zagros - 28-Mar-2007 at 15:24
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 17:19
Actually, Hugo - I think I may have all that I need, I just checked the references from wikipedia and there is a wealth of them!

Malizai, your link's dead btw.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2007 at 14:12
I heard the founder of Wiki saying that Wikipedia is not good as the final word on topics, but the starting point on topics.

I am glad to hear that the wiki helped in a positive way.
 Post Reply Post Reply