Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The things you are convinced of...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The things you are convinced of...
    Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 23:00

The things you are convinced of... but won't ever be able to prove.

There are several stuff I'm sure of by that haven't been proved or are simply impossible to demonstrate.

Example 1: In 300 years everybody will be religious fanatics. Indeed, although they tend to be poorer than the average, religious people have more offspring than the rest of the population.

Example 2:

Example 3: If I'd asked her, Mortica would have agreed to marry me.

And you?
I am a free donkey!
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 23:12
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Example 1: In 300 years everybody will be religious fanatics. Indeed, although they tend to be poorer than the average, religious people have more offspring than the rest of the population.

Ah, except the pious types are lured away by the perks of the decadent heathen life, so they're working hard to populate "both sides", you might say!

Hm, it's hard to think of specific things I am convinced of.   I would say I am unsure about many things in life but I feel pretty certain about atheistic and anarchistic ideas.  Ok, so I feel deeply convinced that God is imaginary?  
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 01:27

I believe we are progressing, that we live better than yesterday and that the future will be great. I feel so lonely in that belief, because I see most people is just waiting for the end of the world to come. Big%20smile

Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 04:03

On the other hand, people from large families tend to fall from faith more easily.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 15:04

Example 3: If I'd asked her, Mortica would have agreed to marry me.

Is that why you made this topic?
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 15:36
in 300 hundred years Latvia will unite with Lithuania
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 18:25
I am convinced of my inability to become convinced.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 19:40
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Is that why you made this topic?
LOLLOLCovered reason
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Donasin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Donasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 22:12
I am convinced that I will never reach 100 posts and OSU will win every football game for next 1000 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply