Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Historical Photo Quiz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BikerJR View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BikerJR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Historical Photo Quiz
    Posted: 20-Mar-2007 at 15:21
Hi All,

I found a viral photo quiz that might be interesting for those of you who likes to research historical photos. The idea is pretty simple. There are photos hosted on  a site called Fototagger Galleries.

Each photo is "annotated" that is contains tags with callouts pointing to particular details and explaining them. Tags can be hidden in a click, the original view remains intact. If you copy-and-paste a link to the photo to a blog/forum/other site, etc., you see just the original photo, without tags and callouts.

However, that photo comes with a question. You should investigate the picture to answer the question. To get an answer or check yourself, you click a link below the photo. The link bings you to the  , they simply click a link and follow to the Fototagger Galleries where you see that photo with tags that answer the question.

For example:

Can you see the defense wall around the colony? You definitely know what is located on the place of this wall. Just try to identify the place...

Click here to get an answer

I will be glad if somebody finds it interesting. We can play with it, I guess.

Edited by BikerJR - 20-Mar-2007 at 15:23
 Post Reply Post Reply