Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Schools allowed to ban face veils

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schools allowed to ban face veils
    Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 01:25
Originally posted by Mortaza

forcing customs is totally, untolerant.(I am not even talking about respecting their rights, but tolerance to their culture.)

Monsieur liberal but at the same time sheriat supporter Mortaza,

Since we know very well people like you in Turkey I can very well understand what is your intentions.

You can not combine democracy and liberty with face veil. You can not force small children to wear face veil or head scarf or wash their brain claiming "this is religion or Islam".  This is not liberty but just the contary.

Was face veil a part of Afgan women costume? Or did it come with Taliban supported by USA from the deserts of Saudi Arabia just 20 years ego? What is the regime in Saudi Arabia? How did it come to power? How can it represent Islam?

---EDITED------

Why does women should act according to men's feelings or according to men's weaknesses? Men should to know how to control it.

Or you do not trust the honor (honesty) of your women or you do not trust to the honor of yourself?  If so it means that you have very big problems with your moral values.

You can not establish a society based on distrust. You can not exclude half of the population out of social life claiming that they have different sex

----EDITED-----

EDIT: Alparslan, there are things you say on public discussion boards and there are things you don't say. The parts I've edited should not be said in public. Please try to stay polite and decent.

Omar al Hashim,

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 02-Apr-2007 at 02:28
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 03:26
Originally posted by Alparslan

EDIT: Alparslan, there are things you say on public discussion boards and there are things you don't say. The parts I've edited should not be said in public. Please try to stay polite and decent.

Omar al Hashim,

Offfff what's wrong with talking about sperm bank?

Forcing women wearing face veil is unpolite than talking about sperm bank.

And please make a list of what shouldn't be said and should be said as being the moral authority of the forum.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 05:42

Omar al Hashim,

And please make a list of what shouldn't be said and should be said as being the moral authority of the forum.

your original post was blatantly hostile and offensive. Ive asked you before to tone down your hostility towards Mortaza and you continue. You have no excuse, your English is good enough to understand the CoC.If you cant help yourself no one will

Edited by Leonidas - 02-Apr-2007 at 05:43
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 06:26
Originally posted by Leonidas

Omar al Hashim,

your original post was blatantly hostile and offensive. Ive asked you before to tone down your hostility towards Mortaza and you continue. You have no excuse, your English is good enough to understand the CoC.If you cant help yourself no one will

We are talking about our ideas.

I think that insead of forcing women to live under face veils since men have fever when they see a woman hair, cut your penis and testicles, put your sperms into a sperm bank and let women free.

In addition if you are erected by seeing hair of a women it may mean that you may be pervert. A society can not be built upon pervert values.

Even if it seems like these are offensive words, I think we are talking about treating half of the human being as second class because of their sex. Sorry but the situation is beyond the scope of being polite.

Everybody should say openly what he/she thinks on the subject. In addition to this I am a Muslim.

What's wrong with this?

Edited by Alparslan - 02-Apr-2007 at 08:59
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 09:51

No, we are not. That is why I will ignore you.You trolled even a sport post.  I dont waste my time with a troll.. 
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 16:05
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

forcing customs is totally, untolerant.(I am not even
talking about respecting their rights, but tolerance to their culture.)

But this is a case of conflicting customs. You are demanding the
natives should tolerate the new-comers', while you think the newcomers
shouldn't give a damn about the prevalent native customs.

Thank you nieghbor from Sweden- you couldn't have said it better!! Mortaza you know nothing about being American. "When in Rome do as the Romans do!!!" The judge needed to see her face to determine a verdict- end of story!!
I can see that the more Muslims who migrate to the USA the more we will have cultural conflicts like this. When I was in Turkey I had total respect for their customs and way of life, even when I did not agree with it. One reason I will not go to strict Islamic nations like Saudi Arabia.

Borders, language and culture - Michael Savage from Savage Nation

Edited by eaglecap - 02-Apr-2007 at 16:07
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 16:31
Piet Hein about tolerance:

"His first demand regarding tolerance is, that we must tolerate his intolerance."

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 20:33
 Alparslan - no matter how passionately you feel about a subject discussion about male anatomy and it's functions is best left out of polite PG rated public forums. Please refrain from such talk.
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Quote bleda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 09:38

No, we are not. That is why I will ignore you.You trolled even a sport post.  I dont waste my time with a troll.. 

Thumbs%20Down

alparslanThumbs%20Up
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 14:51

Originally posted by Leonidas

EDIT: Alparslan, there are things you say on public discussion boards and there are things you don't say. The parts I've edited should not be said in public. Please try to stay polite and decent.Omar al Hashim,

Offfff what's wrongwith talking about sperm bank?

Andplease make a list of what shouldn't be said and should be said as being the moral authority of the forum.

I think that insead of forcing women to live under face veils sincemen have fever when they see a woman hair, cut your penis and testicles, put your sperms into a sperm bankand letwomen free.

In addition if you are erected by seeing hair of a women it may mean that you may be pervert. A society can not be built upon pervert values.

Even if itseems like these areoffensive words, I think we are talking about treating half of the human being as second class because of their sex. Sorry but the situation is beyond the scope of being polite.

Everybody should say openly what he/she thinks on the subject. In addition to this I am a Muslim.

What's wrong with this?

A little much, but men do have a responbility and they cannot put all the blame on the women, they need to control their desires.
The issue here is not modesty, but whether the judge should be allowed to see the face to judge a case properly. This women is now in the USA and she must comply by our laws and yes customs in the legal arena. She is free to wear here veil outside the court room.
Frankly, I am glad that is very, very, very, very rare in my city and many of my Turkish Muslim students did not agree with the wearing of a veil, most.

The judge must see the face to determine the verdict!!!
This is a clash of cultures and I can see it getting worse and worse but I hope not.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910