Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

on japan...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: on japan...
    Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 08:51

quite funny...

P.S not recent...and not to be taken seriously

Edited by babyblue
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2005 at 10:30
Interesting how some people can't distinguish something that others can distinguish without much in depth analysis. 
Grrr..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2005 at 19:34

well at least it is true about the ave hight of japanese

japan is a country that load with mountains, usually....mountain people are short

chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2005 at 19:19
never noticed that people would analyze faces to tell the deferance...
MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 14:37
Another astounding thread.  I thought the original post was to poke fun of how people in the past used to categorize different peoples with over-generalizing physical features.  Again, our forummers didn't fail to disappoint us with swallowing this methodology whole.
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2005 at 17:03

hehe...

Mountain people are shot....

hmm..... I wonder if that is a true statement.

So that means in Europe, people from, say England on average would be taller than people from Switzerland?

XD

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2005 at 05:49

Originally posted by MengTzu

Another astounding thread.  I thought the original post was to poke fun of how people in the past used to categorize different peoples with over-generalizing physical features.  Again, our forummers didn't fail to disappoint us with swallowing this methodology whole.

i did say don't take it too seriously...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 15:12
Originally posted by hansioux

hehe...

So that means in Europe, people from, say England on average would be taller than people from Switzerland?

XD

well partly it is true....japanese...italian...u name it...almost all of them are shorter no offense to those people tho im just tring to make a point...

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2005 at 19:28
Originally posted by toothlog

Originally posted by hansioux

hehe...

XD

well partly it is true....japanese...italian...u name it...almost all of them are shorter no offense to those people tho im just tring to make a point...

Well, Taiwan has the most Mountain to flatland ratio.  Not to mention Taiwan has the taller mountains.  So in theory, the Taiwanese aboiginals should be shorter than the Japanese people?

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2005 at 02:27
and island people have bad teeth.. Japanese, British...
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
El_Bandito View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 03:21
You can always tell a Chinese by the look of his teeth in my country.  Mongolians have relatively white, tight teeth from dairy diets they eat.  The Chinese have yellow, spread apart teeth from god knows what diet.  It doesn't usually hold true for the current generation of Chinese young people though.
I'm awake, I'm awake.
Dari View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 04:31

How are the Japanese, "yellow"? All, if not most, of the Japanese people I've met in Japan or in America are pale and slender. And taller than any Chinese person I've met.

Dari is a pimp master
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 11:17
Originally posted by Dari

How are the Japanese, "yellow"? All, if not most, of the Japanese people I've met in Japan or in America are pale and slender. And taller than any Chinese person I've met.

man oh man........the Chinese people you have met in the US are mostly from hong kong,taiwan,fujian and canton.....thus most them are short in ave  hight compares to northen Chinese people...and maybe you should cheak out the Chinese national basekball team and Japanese basekball team and then tell me which is taller...or volleyball team.....or go on a trip to northen China

any yaoming come out of Japan????no.....

almost everyone in korea and china knows that japanese people are shorter...chinese and korean people didnt make this up...it is true still even in these days....

and china is a mixed country that differ ethnics intermarry with eachother and in result you get a lot of varieties...which is not true in Japan and Korea....so there are more choices than Japan and Korea........

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 11:22

Originally posted by El_Bandito

You can always tell a Chinese by the look of his teeth in my country.  Mongolians have relatively white, tight teeth from dairy diets they eat.  The Chinese have yellow, spread apart teeth from god knows what diet.  It doesn't usually hold true for the current generation of Chinese young people though.

You can always tell a mogol by the smell of his mouth and body in any country...Mongolians takes a shower once a month...sometimes one in a year....only god knows why...doesn't usually hold true for the current generation of Mongolian young people though.

Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2005 at 20:13
Err, I agree that assertion is true...
I'm awake, I'm awake.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2005 at 22:30
Why would mongolian people take an annual shower?
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 05:03
Ok, to go back to the history, it was Chingis Khan(u know him, the greatest conqueror) decreed that WASHING CLOTHES AND BODIES IS FORBIDDEN/OR NOT HEALTY.   Noone knew just what made him say such things but it was the khan's words so everyone obeyed.  As the result, many Mongol expeditionary troops died of diseases transmitted by lices and fles.  Thus came the non-showering custom of the Mongols. 

Plus, nomadic people seldom WANTED showers since they always deal with domesticated animals, so that their own body odor must have smelled like perfume compared with the animals'. 
Settled cultures(like China), on the other hand, can have the luxury of smelling nice since they don't deal with cows, horses, goats, sheep, camels etc, etc everyday. 

About half of the Mongolians are still herdsmen so the non-showering attitude affects a huge portion of Mongolia's people.  Thus foreigners are very quick to notice it.  With westernization and our brother Russians' help, we are trying to fit in to the modern world so nowadays, many people from the cities are keeping themselves clean.   

Still, while Americans are mostly showering daily, Mongolians mostly shower weekly.  But hey, it is a BIG progress from the past.

Edited by El_Bandito
I'm awake, I'm awake.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 23:08

wth? i didn't know mongolian people don't shower.

how could they possibly stand it?

almost every chinese showers at least once a day if not more. some girls take shower few times a day.

besides, not everyone from hk is short.

i am from hk although i have shanghainese blood. i am 6'1. but i do agree those northern chinese are crazily tall.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
Knight
Knight

Quote El_Bandito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 22:06
Coolstorm, the reason your people showers so often is that simply, it is too friggin hot and humid down there.  I showered daily too, when I was in Beijing. 

Mongolia, on the other hand, is always dry and mostly cold.  People simply do not sweat as much.
I'm awake, I'm awake.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2005 at 18:09

"I showered daily too, when I was in Beijing. 

Mongolia, on the other hand, is always dry and mostly cold.  People simply do not sweat as much."

I live in Boston where it is cold and dry but I still shower at least once a day if not more. Doesn't matter whether it is cold or dry, you get dirty anyways.

You showered daily? So, you no longer shower daily?

It's just a habit kinda thing. If I am not wrong, there should be desert storms and air pollution in Mongolia that will make you dirty.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>