Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

,which historical period or moment do you want to

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ,which historical period or moment do you want to
    Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 13:13
If you have a time machine,which  historical period or moment do you want to visit?
leung
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 17:23
This period is perfectly fine to me. Mass produced sugar, internet, laptop, computer games... why would you wish to visit another time?

Join us.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 17:34
Well, I would only go back a few years, to an event where you can bet the most money on happened. I would bet all my money, win (because I already know the results), and keep going for the next few events, then I would go back to now Smile
Either that, or I'd go back to meet Hannibal, good guy Hannibal Cool
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 18:11
Originally posted by Knights

Well, I would only go back a few years, to an event where you can bet the most money on happened. I would bet all my money, win (because I already know the results), and keep going for the next few events, then I would go back to now Smile
Either that, or I'd go back to meet Hannibal, good guy Hannibal Cool

He will probably threaten you for the world map. Tongue

Imagine Hannbal's army marching with rifles, cannons while Knight is explaining how the world map he got from 21st century works to Habbibal...LOL Wow, I am slipping from reality.

Stealing Knight's idea, I would like to go back to the time when I am a kindergarden with my earned knowledge still intact in my brain. Imagine, I wouldn't have to worry about any school work for years! And I can tutor earlier so that I can have more stacks of candies....Shocked

I want time machine.

Join us.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 08:21
Whenever roads were first made so I can influence my way into making them all orange.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 00:10
In would want to visit northern Europe during the so called Dark Ages- a time when a strong sword arm could carve out a kingdom!
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 00:11
Or an axe. I thought you were huge fan for axes Adalwolf, not swords...

Edited by pekau - 24-Mar-2007 at 00:12

Join us.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 00:13
Originally posted by pekau

Or an axe. I thought you were huge fan for axes Adalwolf, not swords...

I am fond of axes, but the term 'axe-arm' sounds a bit awkward. Wink
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 14:45
I always want to go back to a time where I could make a fortune building sailing boats that could go faster than anything else around.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 15:34
Originally posted by gcle2003

I always want to go back to a time where I could make a fortune building sailing boats that could go faster than anything else around.

Wow, that's so EnglishLOL

Join us.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 18:53
I want to go back to the 1600-1800ss and fight as a soldier, preferrably a Polish Hussar in the 1600s, or a Scotsman any time during that period(either in foreign service or not). Those are the times of the best wars.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 20:03
I would like to visit the library of Alexandria and speak with Apolonio, Heron or other intellectual there. Archimedes would be fine if I catch him before he goes to Italy.

Ah. And I would like to climb the lighthouse to see if it really has a convex bronze mirror on top.

Pinguin

T. Ape View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote T. Ape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2007 at 23:24

I would very much like to go back to points in history that are still sore points today. For example, I would want to chronicle the sentiments of the Palestinians in the Great Arab Revolt and then skip forward 9 years and interview the would-be Israelis.

I would also love to go back and talk with the great religious figures of the world.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 14:18
Originally posted by pekau

Originally posted by gcle2003

Wow, that's so EnglishLOL

Probably.

But there's some sense behind it.

To build boats that sailed better and faster than anything around in, say, Roman times, wouldn't need any back-up technology at all. you could just use what was around.

On the other hand, whatever you might know about, for instance,  building bombs or making machine guns or putting up steel frane buildings wouldn't get you anywhere.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2007 at 16:05
Last Tuesday, 19.37pm CET

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2007 at 11:39
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Last Tuesday, 19.37pm CET

I trust nobody asks.

Let my mind boggle on....

Edited by gcle2003 - 27-Mar-2007 at 11:39
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2007 at 20:02
I'd only go back in time if I knew that I wouldn't have to interact with anyone. The last thing I want is to go visit a battlefield or a scientist and end up being burn as a heretic or something silly like that.

That being stated, I'd like to see Rome during her high period, Babylon, I'd like to witness the religious events that have shaped the modern era.
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2007 at 21:04

That is a difficult question as there are many Historical Periods and Moments that I would like to visit... but if I had to choose one quickly then...

Gargoyle would like to visit the Court of Louis XIV at Versailles during 17th Century France.

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2007 at 21:09
I would very much like to visit Versailles under Loius XIV too! It had a menagerie (zoo)! Approve

Menagerie at Versailles, under Louis XIV.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2007 at 04:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>