Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Journalist: U.S. planning for possible attack on Iran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Journalist: U.S. planning for possible attack on Iran
    Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 14:03
 It all depends on the Irani nuclear capability. If they are buidling missiles invade them, if they don't don't. Only thist ime show some proof that they ahv ethem. how long has it been since someone said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? Now America's politicans are claiming they went to war to liberate the IRaqi people. How many times was this claimed back when ti was invaded?
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 14:11
Well, you guys do realize that more than half of the votes cast in the 2004 elections were for the Bush team?  Or were there any allegations of fraud?

I wonder what excuse they'll use to attack Iran... 
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 14:24

Originally posted by Kubrat

Well, you guys do realize that more than half of the votes cast in the 2004 elections were for the Bush team?  Or were there any allegations of fraud?

but don't forget that onyl half the american population voted at all, so only ca. 1/4 of the Americans actually support Bush, 1/4 is against him and the other half doesn't care at all.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 14:29
I don't trust the 2004 election. Especially not Flordia:
- In the exit poll Kerry was 2% ahead of Bush, in the final result Bush was 5% ahead of Kerry. That's an unusual large difference
- The elections in Florida were also corrupted in 2000
- The Bush family is in power in Flordia
- The voting computers are made by a Republican firm (outrageous that that's even possible), and don't allow recounting.

Of course all this is no evidence, but it's very suspicious.
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 14:37
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

[QUOTE=Rava]Komnenos wrote:

Seems that even the case of Van Gogh can't change your mind. Bush is bad, islamic fundamentalists armed in A-bomb are good - is it what you want to say?

I don't want a stain on my otherwise unblemished anti-american (government) records:  I did NOT write that, Rava did.  Yours, Komnenos

[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 15:23

I don't trust the 2004 election. Especially not Flordia:
- In the exit poll Kerry was 2% ahead of Bush, in the final result Bush was 5% ahead of Kerry. That's an unusual large difference
- The elections in Florida were also corrupted in 2000
- The Bush family is in power in Flordia
- The voting computers are made by a Republican firm (outrageous that that's even possible), and don't allow recounting.

Of course all this is no evidence, but it's very suspicious.

The noise you hear is me banging my head against the keyboard.  On behalf of all overworked, underpaid and extremely honest election clerks the world wide, I have to take issue with some of these statements.  Part of my job is to work local elections and I truly hate it.   Because no matter how many procedures we have in place to protect the integrity of the election and regardless of how honest or hard working we are......it takes one person to say the election was rigged, without any sort of proof....and that ghost will haunt your elections forever. ...as evidenced by the remarks made regarding Florida. 

The Bush family is not in power in Florida - Jeb Bush is governor, yes but under our system of government, its not always true that the party of the leader of the government (in this case, Governor Bush) is even the majority party.  More than a few governors and presidents have had to deal with hostile senates and representatives (two separate houses).    LOL..makes for some funny political battles though....

For the most part, not even the Democrats had any issues with Florida this year.  The problems previously were due to the punch card process and whether or not little old ladies who successfully run 16 bingo cards at the same time could  or could not suddenly read the same sort of ballots they'd been voting for years.    (yes, I know that sounded really bitter but trust me, you don't have to work many elections to become that cynical)

Exit polls are historically unreliable.  Basically all they are is an informal poll of the voters leaving the polling place.  Many things could cloud the accuracy of the poll.  The voters could simply lie and tell you they voted for one candidate when they voted for the other......some folks do take the privacy of their vote very seriously.   The poll taker (usually a reporter) could be standing in front of a particular voting place when a large group of supporters of one candidate showed up, or the poll taker is conducting his poll in a strong democrat or republican neighborhood.  Never take exit polls seriously, especially in a tight race.

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 16:00
Originally posted by Komnenos

[QUOTE=Rava]Komnenos wrote:

Seems that even the case of Van Gogh can't change your mind. Bush is bad, islamic fundamentalists armed in A-bomb are good - is it what you want to say?

I don't want a stain on my otherwise unblemished anti-american (government) records:  I did NOT write that, Rava did.  Yours, Komnenos

sorry, I accidently didn't remove that part from my quote.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 20:01

Originally posted by Yiannis

Genghis' apathy and cynism (as well as ignorance) amazes me! You make it seem almost natural that your country has the right to actually attack another country, which isn't hostile to your own! It's beyond me!

How the hell can you say that Iran isn't hostile to the United States? 

Countries do have the right to attack other countries if they are killing our soldiers in Iraq and supporting international terrorism against Americans across the width and breadth of the Muslim world and all across the globe. 

The Mullahs should read their Napoleon, "If they want peace, nations should avoid the pinpricks that precede cannon shots.", or in this case smart bombs.

The Mullahs in Iran have pinpricked America for decades, and if they don't have enough sense about them to stop, then America will be forced to go liberate our friends like Cyrus.

By that time, I'll probably be in the American National Guard, and would probably be called up to take part in any invasion.  I would gladly do it to fight for my nation and our friends like Cyrus under the Mullahs' jackboot. 

Cyrus and I will send you a postcard Yiannis.

Edited by Genghis
Member of IAEA
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 03:07

Genghis there's no point in seriously trying to answer the points you make in your post - because there aren't any!

I'll simply repeat that "you apathy and cynism (as well as ignorance) amazes me!"

That being said, I hope you stay safe in the military and that you'll never have to be used! (but never, not for a second, have any illusions that "you'll be fighting for your nation").

PS

I'm currently working in Iran, so no need for postcards (I'll be hiding in the embassy, hoping that your "clever weapons" won't make any "mistake" like with the Chinese one in Belgrade)

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 05:58
If you're allowed to attack any country that pinpicked you, entire Latin America and the Middle East should be allowed to attack the USA.
Rava View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Rava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 06:25

If you're allowed to attack any country that pinpicked you, entire Latin America and the Middle East should be allowed to attack the USA.

With Castro as the Big Chief of this alliance

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 07:50

I'm currently working in Iran, so no need for postcards

It seems Yiannis is just concerned for himself in Iran!  

I'll be hiding in the embassy, hoping that your "clever weapons" won't make any "mistake" like with the Chinese one in Belgrade

It will be a good experience for you in Tehran, in this city every night for eight years I have had nightmares of being killed by Iraqi planes and missiles which were sent to just kill us. I remember the number of students of our school was reduced every few days and we asked each other "Which one of us will be killed tonight?!"

Aristoteles View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Aristoteles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 08:42
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It will be a good experience for you in Tehran, in this city every night for eight years I have had nightmares of being killed by Iraqi planes and missiles which were sent to just kill us. I remember the number of students of our school was reduced every few days and we asked each other "Which one of us will be killed tonight?!"

...and you actually wish for this to happen again? Only this time it won't be the Iraqis but the (far more deadly, with their "smart weapons" their "guided missiles" and especially the "human errors" of theirs) Americans.

Is that a price you are willing to pay to get rid of the Mullahs? When you know what war is alike? You prefer Iraqi-like anarchy, everyday massacres in the streets, the heavy boot of an irresponsible, self-preservant, jingoistic invader, and endless exploitation of your nation by the multinational corporations so they can expand their bank accounts indefinitely, to the mullahs?

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 08:59
Want to see a real twisted election? .., come up to my region in Washington state.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 09:30
As Mullahs themselves said, their responsibility after the occupation of Iraq by Americans was that Americans feel insecurity in Iraq, so that they have to leave the region, if you see there is anarchy in Iraq, it doesn't relate to Americans but just Mullah who want it. I think that Iraq could be a heaven in the Middle East, If Mullahs didn't support terrorists there.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 09:44

Americans feel insecurity in Iraq, so that they have to leave the region.
  I don't have a problem with that! I want Bush out as well...

If Mullahs didn't support terrorists there.

Don't post things that you cannot support. Iran would never do anything that would give any pretext to Bush to strike. If such evidence ever existed, be sure that the Americans would use it in a minute! It would be God's gift to the hawks in the Pentagon and Bush's government...

Edited by Yiannis

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 09:50

Btw, where're the Weapons of Mass Destruction???

Isn't that what they told us that the war is about? Remember those who lied to you! Bush and Blair are using Weapons of Mass Deception!

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 10:45
However you can't see the electricity but you can see these thousands lighted lamps, don't you? didn't Saddam use chemical weapons against Iran?
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 10:47
see below

Edited by Komnenos
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 10:53

I hope that Iranians themselves bring a true democracy to Iran but I know it is impossible at least as long as I live, If I'm an Iranian and know Iranian people then I say that Iranian people need the help of Americans, maybe you say that American democracy is not good but it is too much better than the current Islamic democracy that Iranians have created in Iran

Are you honestly trying to tell us, that the majority of the Iranian people would welcome an American invasion und greet their liberators on the streets of Teheran with open arms und bunches of flowers?
That was exactly was the American propanda machine with the help of a handful of Iraqi exiles tried to tell the disbelieving world and we all know what happened next.
Because if not,then you take a hell of a risk and you you could have a war on your hands, that considering the size and geography of your country and the number of its people, could make the Iraqi war look like a minor skirmish. Or am I wrong here?
Or could it be that the majority of your people, even if they hate their current political leadership, will not tolerate that a foreign power, allied with Israel and the Saudis, tries to introduce their version of democracy and freedom by bombing the hell of their towns and villages. I know what I would do!

Edited by Komnenos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>