Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sauds destroying Makkah and Medina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Online Status: Offline
  Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sauds destroying Makkah and Medina
    Posted: 15-Mar-2007 at 18:07
^^Any ideas y then they r destroying the Ottoman period mosque?

Regarding  the Khalifa--
Look within Qureish, from those of Badr, then from Muhajjir, then from Ansar, if none are worthy then from pious able muslims(I think that's the order). If the last Qureishi is blind he is not given priority over a seeing muslim. If the Qureshi has no authority or influence then according to Imam Abu Hanifa a muslim who has will be given priority(A prerequisite). But at all times he must rule by what is revealed, otherwise he would be removed, Qureshi or not. On this there is also no difference in opinion. Imam Ibn Hanbal, Abu Hanifah, and Imam Hussein did just that. When Hussein set off for Kufah he had said: What is it that the people want from me but to rule 'by' what god has revealed. 

The case for Qureshis is made in the following hadith:
"The Khalifahs are Qureshi"

Ghazali being a staunch supporter of the Qureshi only view, but actually the hadith is not absolute in this matter and does not rule out non-qureshi Caliphs.

However it is open to interpretation; it would also mean that the Qureshis are especially tasked with the guardianship of Islam and that they 'should' be among it's foremost supporters.

Qureshi by the virtue of their birth are not destined for anything more than the non-qureshi. Prime examples would be Abu Jahal and Abu Lahab.

However, If a Qureishi has all the needed qualities and substantial support among the then there are no better candidates then him.(Deference)
Mortazaa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mortazaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 04:07
When you come to the Ottomans, they became legitimate caliphs by at sword's edge.

Like almost all caliphs. (Except first three.)

Anyway, caliphate is not an esential part of islam. So qureshi part is more unnecessary.

It would be stupid that I accept someone as my leader because he is Qureshi. 

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 07:09
Originally posted by ok ge

Originally posted by Ibn Munqidh

According to the Sunnah, and the four principles of the Islamic schools of jurisdiction, Imams Hanafi, Shafi'i, Hanbali, and Maliki, the succesor of the prophet must be a Qurashi, not only an arab, but a Qurashi.

I'm extremely interested to know from where did you obtain the above condition?
Hello Cok nice to see you, are you busy in your moderatng job?
Actually Ibn Munqidh is partialy right all the Sunnies Islamic sholars siad that except Abu Hanifa who said anyone have the right to be a caliph if he has the condition.
that is the only reason that made the Turks(Ottoman) adopted Hanafi sec.

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 08:29
Infact Turks adopted the interpretations of the Hanafi school, Abu Maturidi and Ahmed Yesevi long before the Ottomans in Central Asia.

Infact alot most of the Indian Sub-continant, Caucauses and Balkan muslims also did the same.

Its due to the wise men of this age that people converted to Islam, mysticsm equality unity the non-dogmatic teachings of religion is why so many converted.

If people who shared "Ibn Muniqdh" or some dogmatic puritanical rationalistic extremists were in charge nobody would have wanted to associate with them. Your practically implying Islam is an Arab religion, a non-Arab cannot have any legitmacy under Islam everybody is "under" the Arabs.

This is precisely what Hanafi was so against all those years ago and why so many respected him for it Wink
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 08:44
Originally posted by Bulldog

If people who shared "Ibn Muniqdh" or some dogmatic puritanical rationalistic extremists were in charge nobody would have wanted to associate with them. Your practically implying Islam is an Arab religion, a non-Arab cannot have any legitmacy under Islam everybody is "under" the Arabs.

Why is it, that everytime, someone tries to purify islam from from the many innovations and cultural intrusions in it, he is called an extremest, wahhabi etc. This is islam, like it or not, take it or leave it. From what you are saying here, you are implying that Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Anas Ibn Malik, and Muhammad Al-Shafii, the father of fiqh, are all wrong, and whatever suits you is right. Otherwise, we are all wahhabi's extremists etc.

Besides, the caliph being an arab doesnt mean Islam is an arabic religion. Dont you accept that the prophet was an arab? Dont you accept that the Sahaba and Ahlul-Bayt are arabs? Dont you accept that the Qur'an is in arabic form? Please answer all the examples I gave you in my previous posts, then call me an extremist.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 09:15

Infact Turks adopted the interpretations of the Hanafi school, Abu Maturidi and Ahmed Yesevi long before the Ottomans in Central Asia.

Infact alot most of the Indian Sub-continant, Caucauses and Balkan muslims also did the same.

Its due to the wise men of this age that people converted to Islam, mysticsm equality unity the non-dogmatic teachings of religion is why so many converted.

This is precisely what Hanafi was so against all those years ago and why so many respected him for it Wink
Bulldog I don't share him his ideas but I must say the truth all others schools say the caliph must be from Quraish or at least an Arab I am not expressing my opinion here we discuss  history there are facts no one can deny it.
I said Ottoman not all the Turks adopted Hanafi to make their caliphate a legitimate one.
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 09:25

Why is it, that everytime, someone tries to purify islam from from the many innovations and cultural intrusions in it, he is called an extremest, wahhabi etc. This is islam, like it or not, take it or leave it. From what you are saying here, you are implying that Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Anas Ibn Malik, and Muhammad Al-Shafii, the father of fiqh, are all wrong, and whatever suits you is right. Otherwise, we are all wahhabi's extremists etc.

Besides, the caliph being an arab doesnt mean Islam is an arabic religion. Dont you accept that the prophet was an arab? Dont you accept that the Sahaba and Ahlul-Bayt are arabs? Dont you accept that the Qur'an is in arabic form? Please answer all the examples I gave you in my previous posts, then call me an extremist.
Ibn Munqidh,you are arguing in a decisive poin here,if you want to prove like a theory don't say if you don't admit you make all the great scholars wrong.
maybe they were wrong they were not infallable persons if you want to strength your claims bring the reasons that made the scholars announced this Fatwa about Caliphate.
the second Imam was Malik Bin Anas not the vice versa.
Khalid Bin Walid
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 09:33

you wonder me by saying take it or leave do you sell somthing here or you are talking about a great religion represnts 1,2 billion around our green earth.

do you think yourself purify islam by talking in this way reconsider your ideas and try to make civlized conversation.
Salam.
Khalid Bin Walid
Mortazaa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mortazaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 10:14
Why is it, that everytime, someone tries to purify islam from from the many innovations and cultural intrusions in it, he is called an extremest, wahhabi etc. This is islam, like it or not, take it or leave it.

Any ayet from quran? I mean why should accept everything said by others. Even  I must not listen word of prophet If It is against common logic.(for our times.) So I dont see any reason to leave from religion.

You cannot both have cake and eat it. If arabs or some nations are holy acording to this religion, we can easly say, this religion is for them.

I should also add, It is not important If prophet and his friends were arab they may become turks or indians.  Also enemies of Prophet  (ebu cehil) were arabs too. Same arabs were burying their girls too.   So their arabness means nothing.

There is not any logic to accept someone superior to me because of his nation. So I can easly ignore that hadith.( a trustable hadith cannot be against logic. Even It was against common sense, not accepting it will not make me non-muslim.)
I said Ottoman not all the Turks adopted Hanafi to make their caliphate a legitimate one.

Infact first patisah who used caliphate title is Abdulhamit too.  They were hanafi much before than this.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 12:34
Originally posted by Mortazaa

II said Ottoman not all the Turks adopted Hanafi to make their caliphate a legitimate one.

Infact first patisah who used caliphate title is Abdulhamit too.  They were hanafi much before than this.
Check your sources please the Ottoman caliphate proclaimed by Selim I in 1517 after he defeated the Memlukes in Egypt and capture the last shadow Abbasid caliph Al-Mutawakkil III, maybe they didn't use the specifice title but the abolished the Abbasid and founded the Ottoman Caliphate.

which Abdul Al-Hamid you meant the first or the second.
Khalid Bin Walid
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 12:55
the thing is Quran puts all humanity as one, but many arabs it seems dont agree with this.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 12:57
Ibn
Why is it, that everytime, someone tries to purify islam from from the many innovations and cultural intrusions in it, he is called an extremest, wahhabi etc.

Why do extremists worry about culture, try to destroy it and replace it with their own culture.

Cultre and Religion are seperate, religion can affect culture.

This is islam, like it or not, take it or leave it.

According to who? according to which authority. You have no right to call people good or bad, that is left to Allah.

From what you are saying here, you are implying that Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Anas Ibn Malik, and Muhammad Al-Shafii, the father of fiqh, are all wrong, and whatever suits you is right. Otherwise, we are all wahhabi's extremists etc.

So Hanafi doesn't exist? who said they're all wrong, they're schools of interpretation, there is no "right" or "wrong".

Besides, the caliph being an arab doesnt mean Islam is an arabic religion. 

Ofcourse it does, it basically implies the highest ruling authority must be Arab and everybody else must serve Arabs.

People of this mindset sound like they're trying to install a Papacy, have a Pope centred round a religous headquarters, then institutionalise and rationalise the religion and morph it into a tool of dogmatic power.

Unfortunately some certain people with huge amounts of money are trying to make Islam into a religion of dogma, desensitized to humanity.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 14:35
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

Ibn Munqidh,you are arguing in a decisive poin here,if you want to prove like a theory don't say if you don't admit you make all the great scholars wrong.
maybe they were wrong they were not infallable persons if you want to strength your claims bring the reasons that made the scholars announced this Fatwa about Caliphate.
the second Imam was Malik Bin Anas not the vice versa.

I get your point AhmadSmile Thanks for the correction.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 14:48
Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

you wonder me by saying take it or leave do you sell somthing here or you are talking about a great religion represnts 1,2 billion around our green earth.

do you think yourself purify islam by talking in this way reconsider your ideas and try to make civlized conversation.
Salam.

Its not like selling something, but I get irritated with people who cut and paste, cut corners and absorb what suits them with religion, and leave the rest behind. If you wish to be part of a religion, accept the whole package. Me personally, I consider myself a secularist and do not consider myself religious, and I am proud to admit that. Yet if I were to talk about religion, I would answer back with sources, which unfortunately at the time, I aint got them near me, but I cite a fact, and whether you agree with it or not, its your decision.

As to my uncivilised conversation, Im telling you, I do not have any sources near me, but I will hopefully tomorrow.Wink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 15:14
@Bulldog,

Why do extremists worry about culture, try to destroy it and replace it with their own culture.

-It isnt in that way. Islamic culture is a hub of cultures, all melted into one big crucible. When something of a culture opposes Islam, to be a muslim, one must act against that and end it. The arabs for example, for some sick reason, used to bury baby girls alive, Islam came, and stopped that. For example, one cannot be a muslim, and still practice zoroastrian beliefs, i.e. Nairooz, which is still celebrated in Iran. What type of hypocrisy is this?!

Cultre and Religion are seperate, religion can affect culture.

-And vice versa. In my view, both should be adjusted to be parallel, to avoid conflict, and to practise religion properly, and stop pre-islamic rituals which belonged to pre-islamic religions. One cannot be part of two religions can they?!!

According to who? according to which authority. You have no right to call people good or bad, that is left to Allah.

-Im not labling people as good or bad, but if you indeed believe in God and Islam, why dont you accept what the highest Islamic scholars have said, or, in case you dont, come up with your own conclusion and propogate it. Who knows, you might start up a new 'islamic' sect.

So Hanafi doesn't exist? who said they're all wrong, they're schools of interpretation, there is no "right" or "wrong".

-Im not saying that he does not exist, my friend Ahmad the Fighter has thankfully pointed out that Imam Hanafi did not agree with the rest of the Imams, so I did not include him in my text. 

Ofcourse it does, it basically implies the highest ruling authority must be Arab and everybody else must serve Arabs.

-Incorrect, the Caliph isnt served, he serves the entire muslim nations, and is responsible for every muslim soul in his domain. The only position in the Umma that has to taken by an arab is the caliph, with the rest, anyone who is able, can fill them in. 

People of this mindset sound like they're trying to install a Papacy, have a Pope centred round a religous headquarters, then institutionalise and rationalise the religion and morph it into a tool of dogmatic power.

-Well the caliph is the highest secular and religious position in the Islamic state, take the first four caliphs for example, all were the most well educated in Islam and fiqh in their time, and all showed that they possesed leadership skills.

Unfortunately some certain people with huge amounts of money are trying to make Islam into a religion of dogma, desensitized to humanity.

Edited by Ibn Munqidh - 16-Mar-2007 at 15:15
Mortazaa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mortazaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 15:39
Check your sources please the Ottoman caliphate proclaimed by Selim I in 1517 after he defeated the Memlukes in Egypt and capture the last shadow Abbasid caliph Al-Mutawakkil III, maybe they didn't use the specifice title but the abolished the Abbasid and founded the Ottoman Caliphate.
Generally accepted idea, but ottomans did not used caliphate title. That title is much important for ignoring. Infact I remember an argument at Turkey, about whether ottomans took caliphate or not.

which Abdul Al-Hamid you meant the first or the second.

Second, Infact his times were only times, ottomans realy used islam as political tool. He helped other muslims, tried to create cohorence between muslims.

It is too sad, young turks overthrowed him.

For example, one cannot be a muslim, and still practice zoroastrian beliefs, i.e. Nairooz, which is still celebrated in Iran. What type of hypocrisy is this?!

I think, iranians dont see nevruz as religious day. should we only celebrate arab bayrams? do we have right to celebrate our independence day, or should we celebrate saudis independence day?

I think, you are treating like a wahabi.

Incorrect, the Caliph isnt served, he serves the entire muslim nations, and is responsible for every muslim soul in his domain. The only position in the Umma that has to taken by an arab is the caliph, with the rest, anyone who is able, can fill them in. 

Realy? so why arabs are better servant than others?  By the way, It is interesting so much arabs wanted to serve others. They even killed each other for serving each others. Let be serious.

Anyway, arabs can become what ever they deserve, nothing more.

what do you think arabs deserve now? leadership of muslim world?

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 17:57

When something of a culture opposes Islam, to be a muslim, one must act against that and end it.

Absurd.

For example, one cannot be a muslim, and still practice zoroastrian beliefs, i.e. Nairooz, which is still celebrated in Iran. What type of hypocrisy is this?!

Hypocrisy is to expect all Iranians to be Islamic.  They should be able to practice whatever religion they want to.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 18:38
Novruz, Sultan Nevruz, Cilgayak, Easter, Native American Spring festivals are all similar, they are all celebrating the start of spring, a period of life and vitallity. Its an ancient celebration and one celebrated by alot of nations.

Now, what has it got to do with religion? why is it a problem? farmers always celebrate the comming of spring its pretty logical.

How is it a "threat" to religion.

Ibn_Muniqdh
When something of a culture opposes Islam, to be a muslim, one must act against that and end it.

Umm well treating woman as inferior, not sending daughters to school, not promoting sciences, technology and education, not helping the poor if you have means to do so, equality, the right to elect and choose rulers.

All important aspects of Islam, sadly forgotten by a regime you are protecting.
Albert Pine

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 23:03
Firstly guys, caaaalmmmmmm. Let's not personalize the issue.

The Quran it self speaks for culture and diversity, when it says that i have created you as tribes and nations(differing).

"O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is he who is the most righteous of you" (Quran 49:13)."

"These differences are not wrong, rather a sign from God ("And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colors. Verily, in that are indeed signs for those who know" [Quran 30:22]). "

If ever there was a safegaurd against primitive backward notions of racism, tribalism, nationalism or colourism the above would be it.

A man once visited the Prophet's mosque in Madinah. There he saw a group of people sitting and discussing their faith together. Among them were Salman (who came from Persia), Suhayb who grew up in the Eastern Roman empire and was regarded as a Greek, and Bilal who was an African. The man then said:

"If the (Madinan) tribes of Aws and Khazraj support Muhammad, they are his people (that is, Arabs like him). But what are these people doing here?"

The Prophet became very angry when this was reported to him. Straightaway, he went to the mosque and summoned people to a Salat.

He then addressed them saying:

"O people, know that the Lord and Sustainer is One. Your ancestor is one, your faith is one. The Arabism of anyone of you is not from your mother or father. It is no more than a tongue (language). Whoever speaks Arabic is an Arab." (As quoted in Islam The Natural Way by Abdul Wahid Hamid p. 125)

The last sermon before his death:

"O people, Remember that your Lord is One. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a black has no superiority over white, nor a white has any superiority over black, except by piety and good action (Taqwa). Indeed the best among you is the one with the best character (Taqwa). Listen to me. Did I convey this to you properly? People responded, Yes. O messenger of God, The Prophet then said, then each one of you who is there must convey this to everyone not present." (Excerpt from the Prophet's Last Sermon as in Baihiqi)

"Let people stop boasting about their ancestors. One is only a pious believer or a miserable sinner. All men are sons of Adam, and Adam came from dust "(Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi).

"Whoever has pride in his heart equal to the weight of an atom shall not enter Paradise.""(Muslim).

A man inquired about a person who likes to wear beautiful clothes and fine shoes, and he answered:

"God is beautiful and likes beauty. Then he explained pride means rejecting the truth because of self-esteem and looking down on other people "(Muslim).

"You should listen to and obey your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian slave whose head looked like a raisin" (Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256: ).

IN ISLAM NATIONS ARE NOT EXHAULTED BUT INDIVIDUALS THROUGH 'RIGHTEOUS' ACTS.

-------------------------------------

It all looks like an Ummayad conspiracy.LOL

Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2007 at 08:47
There's a lot of talk of equality, yet in the beginning of Islam we see quotes like

"Be watchful of Iranian Muslims and never treat them as equals of Arabs. Arabs have a right to take in marriage their women, but they have no right to marry Arab women. Arabs are entitled to inherit their legacy, but they cannot inherit from an Arab. As far as possible they are to be given lesser pensions and lowly jobs. In the presence of an Arab a non-Arab shall not lead the congregation prayer, nor they are to be allowed to stand in the first row of prayer, nor to be entrusted with the job of guarding the frontiers or the post of a qadi. " - Mu'awiyah

"One day a group of the Mawali (Iranian clients of Arab tribes) came to Amir al-Mu'minin 'Ali and complained about the conduct of the Arabs. They said to him that the Messenger of God did not make any distinction between Arabs and non-Arabs in the disbursement of public funds (bayt ul-mal) or in the matter of marriage. They added that the Prophet distributed public funds equally among Muslims and let Salman, Bilal and Suhayb marry Arab women, but today Arabs discriminated between themselves and us. 'Ali went to the Arabs and discussed the matter with them, but it was to no avail. The Arabs shouted, "It is quite impossible! Impossible! "'All, annoyed and angered by this turn of affairs, returned to the Mawali and told them with utmost regret, "They are not prepared to treat you equally and as Muslims enjoying equal rights. I advise you to go into trade and God will make you prosper." - Usul Al-Kafi

Also, in response to the earlier point about celebrating Norouz, Zoroastrians are (usually) considered people of the book, therefore their traditions are not anti-islamic. Furthermore, as many other people mentioned Norouz is a cultural holiday, there is no religious significance to it (no prayer or worship involved). It also seems hypocritic to call Norouz anti-islamic when most people have a Quran on their Haft-Sin.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>