Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learn the irish language..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: learn the irish language..
    Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 09:08
hey! First off, I'm new to this website, so if this subject has been posted before, I would like to apologize beforehand.

I've been very interested lately in the Irish language. I believe its Gaelic (?) Does anyone know any websites and/or could help me with the basics of the language? Thanks!!
Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 18:32
Sinn Fein ! :D
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 23:27
Hello germanboy and welcome to the forums. A great website that I used to frequent is called Daltai na Gaeilge.

There is also Erin's web page.  She has some pretty helpful tips and learning information... http://www.erinsweb.com/

Slan Smile
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 07:30
Thanks guys!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 08:20
Is as ire m agus t mo ghaeilge ceart go leor, ach t m san ollscoil anois agus is maith liom uisce batha agus n maith obair! Chuaigh m go dt na gaeltachta nuair a bh m g, agus bh an-craic againn le cailn agus peil gaelach agus ag imirt sncair gach l! Tar es sin, chaill m a ln gaeilge agus t brn orm ar sin, mar is siombal de mo chultr agus nl a ln daoine abalta a labhairt agus t bearla ar fud an domhain. Ar an lmh eile, nl m abalta gach focal a labhairt i ngaeilge, ach nl m afasach!

These sites are quite good below, hope they help! Irish is a great language and hopefully you'll keep at it and keep it alive for at least a little longer..! The bottom site is of the Irish language television channel, which offers well known programmes overdubbed in Irish, as well as their own programmes, whether in sport, drama or music. I'm sure you could subscribe to it one way or the other.  Smile

P.s Some Irishisms that are not particularly endorsed, especially the first one...

"Tiocfaidh r l" - Our day will come, the IRA slogan for Irish 'freedom'

"Pg mo thon!" - Kiss my backside!

Post Reply Post Reply