Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vlad Dracula

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vlad Dracula
    Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 11:54
Originally posted by Decebal

Say Richard XIII, the movie you're talking about, Mihai Viteazul, is that recent, or is it from before 89?

Before of course! in 1970
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 11:56
I've been gone from Romania for 12 years, so I don't know what's going on over there anymore. At least in terms of movies.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2005 at 06:11

Insignia of the Order of the Dragon:

Edited by Raider
Iankutanku View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Iankutanku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2010 at 22:07
Originally posted by Jorsalfar

Originally posted by Serge L

Wasn't "Tepes" a nickname meaning "the impaler"?

yes Tepes means impaler(i think the word Tepes may be Hungarian)

The verb is A INTZEPA (to sting)
Knight
Knight

Quote Iankutanku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2010 at 22:10
Originally posted by pytheas

I always thought Drakula was a titular name that meant "of the Dragon" and had something to do with a secret society or a Patriarchal position held by the 1st born sons of his family.  Please correct me if I am wrong.... 
It was not Dracula, but Draculea, meaning kin to Drac, which meant, at the time both devil and dragon(now, the neologism dragon replaced drac as dragon meaning)
Knight
Knight

Quote Iankutanku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2010 at 22:16
Originally posted by azimuth

and how did Dracula die?

It is a mistery, but it seems he was betrayed
Knight
Knight

Quote Iankutanku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2010 at 22:20
Originally posted by Decebal

Also in old Romanian, the suffix -ea means "of the", corresponding to "son of". So Vlad the Impaler called himself Vlad Draculea (Vlad, the son of Dracul).

Old romanian?!!!!Shocked My name end with "ea" eitherDeadDeadDead
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2010 at 22:41
A previous poster, who is now resigned to the dead, wrote;

"Later when Sultan Mehmed came with his army,he met with a huge field where there were 20.000 impaled soldiers on it.Everyone was shocked."

Gee! Doesn't this look a lot like the scene in the movie Spartagus?

A lot of our "Dragon" bannered leaders life looks suspiciously like others characters in history! The "Dragon" symbol is auspicious in its representations in Western Europe also!

Some, might well suggest that Jesus was not "cruxified"?, but rather "Impaled!", or placed upon a "tree" or maybe a sharpened "tree" trunk?

To make the entire process seem even more grisly than previous posters might have suggested, it seems the "impaled" was literally forced to hover him/her self over a sharpened wooden stake, which was placed upon or even into the entrance to the bowels within the anus! As the strength of the impaled one waned, he or she would slowly lower their "anus' deeper and deeper into their own bowels!

"Ass"uming, that the entire performance was attended properly, and the "impaled" one was kept in an "upright" position, then the sharpened pole would slowly force itself into the mid-section of the body, and finally, I would suppose, come out somewhere around the neck!

All fun and games in the Middle Ages!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123