Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

indians skin colour?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: indians skin colour?
    Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 01:05
how come majority of the indians even north indians especially hindu indians have dark skin? i mean indians claim that they are 72% aryans but that doesn't show up in their skin colours at all. whats the reason?
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 01:39
Probably because the percentage is lower than 72%. Maybe the ones in the northwest close to the Indus might be from 25% to 75% "Aryan" in some cases through admixture with Afghans and Iranians.  It seems also that many  Afghans and Iranians are somewhat dark too,  from  mixing with Indians over the centuries.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 02:29
Genetics isn't all its cracked up to be. Spend a lot of time in the sun, you get darker, regardless of your genetics.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 05:41
Yeah but the range in which you can tan and pale is determined by genetics.
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 09:00
evolution to the climate
AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2007 at 13:31
plus Aryan isn't really even a race. i think when people say that India is 72% aryan, looking at aryan as a linguistic term, indeed 72% of indians speak an aryan language.
K. V. Ramakrishna Rao View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 18:38
I have already pointed in my papers on Aryans and Dravidians that the race theories in the context were motivated and now discarded.

The colour of skin, eyes, hair etc., have nothing to do with religion of any people.

Not only Max Mueller, even Marxist / Communist scholar / historian like Romila Thapar disowned such racial hypotheses and theories.

So delving on such outdated subject matter cannot bring anything new for useful discussion.

Edited by K. V. Ramakrishna Rao - 01-Mar-2007 at 18:40
History is not what was written or is written, but it is actually what had happened in the past.
Hick View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Hick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 22:23

i have noticed hindu indians are much darker then the muslim or punjabi counterparts.

Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 20:00
^ thats because many muslim indians are related to afghans and iranians.
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 02:09
i think kashmiri people are the fairest in all of south asia, unless you count the pathans in pakistan.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 07:23
Were'nt the Kashmiris were Hindu Indians before what you try to boast of .
   Would you categorise yourself as Kashmiri Muslim is fair and  white color. So how were the kashmiri Hindu and why is it. Did the kashmiri Muslim came from Afghanistan and iran crossing those great mountains. I would love to know how they crossed those great mountains and descended into Kashmir.
    And why the Muslims are fair, and how cant they be as most of them are from south east Afghanisthan, and Pakisthan and they were White evn beofre they were converted to Muslims and they were white even when they were Hindu and this is because the climate as such.

Yeah but the range in which you can tan and pale is determined by genetics.

The range of tan and pale I thought dependent on the amount of time you are exposed to sun, May be Magdast is correct.,Would'nt the genetics play lesser and lesser role as the duration extends???

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 08:17
Indian celebs also seem to like "wannabe white", if you see their music vid. ect you see how much "lightning" they use on their skin. 
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2007 at 16:14
vijay kashmiri muslims are fairer that is correct and genrally the muslims of india are fairer then their hindu counter parts because obviously a lot muslims in the india have afghan,persian and centeral asia blood
innocent View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote innocent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 19:05
Not only Kashmiri muslims are fairer but also hindus...and its totally wrong to say that generally muslims of india are fairer then their counter parts...they just look like local population and its really impossible to say someone is muslim or hindu by looking at him/her.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2007 at 21:09
Agree with innocent. Skin colour varies by social class, not by religion.
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 20:43
well the reason i said muslims in kashmir were fairer was because a lot of them are actually pathan from pakistan and afghanistan who settled there and married local muslims, i am assuming its same with a lot of other muslims in india
Rajputana View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rajputana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 22:28
I plan on visiting Kashmir this time around when I go to India.  It's one of the destinations on my trek through the country.
Rajputana View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rajputana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 22:43
Originally posted by Kashmiri

vijay kashmiri muslims are fairer that is correct and genrally the muslims of india are fairer then their hindu counter parts because obviously a lot muslims in the india have afghan,persian and centeral asia blood

Hi Kashmiri,

On the contrary, vast majority of Indian Muslims are converts from hinduism and are local to the country with no links to Afghans/Persians/Kashmiris.  And as far as Kashmiris are concerned many are quite fair regardless of religion.

Hindu-Pandit Leader Jatender Bakshi and Muslim Politicians.

Edited by Rajputana - 07-Apr-2007 at 22:45
Kashmiri View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Kashmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2007 at 23:03
yeah i agree with you on that, i guess maybe the reason i noticed that hindus were darker was because many hindus actually migrated from other parts of india to kashmir and settled there.
northpakistani View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote northpakistani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2007 at 01:08
Also, has anyone noticed the difference in Hindu diet and Muslim diet? The muslim's eat quiet alot of meat and dairy products, while Hindu's tend to be vegetarian.  According to one study, scientists discovered that kerotene (found in carrots) is carried by the blood stream, and into the skin cells, so an over consumption of carrots created a orange hue in skin pigments. 

Since muslim's have a larger variety in their diet, do you suppose it makes their skin more resistant to environmental conditions?

The look of fairness is basically glowing skin (which comes from the inside).

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

-- Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>