Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sensational book in Turkey raises questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensational book in Turkey raises questions
    Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 14:11

A book in Turkey named Metal Frtna (Metal Storm) has raised many questions among a lot of people. The book is about the current US administration launching an attack on Turkey with the hope of gaining the Bor and Uranium resource points which has a vital rule for the future. The book starts with a small conflict in Northern Iraq and then the reader finds himself in a war for survival and conquest. A Turkish agent blows up a nuclear bomb in Washington D.C when the US administration refuses to halt the invasion of Turkey.

The book ends with the resignment of George W. Bush due to pressure coming from Russia,China,France and Germany who want to gain the resources through peaceful means in agreement with the Turkish government. Adrian Lydam III is the secret planner of the war and the Turkish agent who blows up Washington kills him in the end.

Very exciting and interesting book. A lot of military stuff in it. Strictly Turkish-oriented and anti-Bush. One must read this for some political fantasy.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 15:53
I read a book like that this summer. But this time it wasn't Turkey, but the Netherlands that was invaded by the USA. The ICJ issued an arrest warrant against the entire US government. No country took it serious, so no-one was arrested until Heinz Rogue (Karl Rove) tried to bribe the prince of Freudenfels (Liechtenstein). The prince had him arrested and brought to the ICJ prison in The Hague. Then the USA decided to attack the Netherlands to release him. At the end the USA were thrown out of the NATO and Push (Bush) got impeached.
Very unrealistic, but it was still an enjoyable book.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 16:25

Those both sound like terrible books that are making a profit off of the hatred of my country.  However, I take solace in realizing that such books are merely a sign of the mediocrity of a region that is jealous some other power has taken over the reins of superpowerdom.  In that case, let them read fantasies, that's all they have left.

Member of IAEA
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 16:31

Genghis I don't know you but to let you know I respect America, my grandmother worked at the American Embassy in Ankara for 32 years, I have been to the States for 17 times, I have founded my American Football team. I just don't agree with this administration and this book is funny but you must understand; a nation is being overrun by war just a thousand kilometers away from where I live and I have my worries about certain things.

Besides I find you critique childish and unrealistis, I wonder how old you are.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 18:54
Gheghis, how is it any different from the numerous American books that cash in on 'yellow peril' and the like? I think you could fill a libary with books by American authers that involve China invading Taiwan/Philipines etc. and America saving the day.
You may not like the notion of pop-fiction cashing in on people's anxieties, but in the US is is bigger business than anywhere else in the world.
Arrrgh!!"
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 18:59

It's total sensationalist paranoia to think that the United States is about to embark on a campaign of world conquest.  Regardless of whether or not you agree with him, Bush is not some Hitler bent on conquering Lebensraum for the United States. 

As I'm sure that you are aware of the conceptions of America in Europe, and I am too and I dislike them, I should tell you all that in America an image of Europeans as naive, bowing to the UN, and bitter over having lost their old glory.

Are any of these true for any but a small group of people?  Of course not.  But books like these, along with American books like "Of Paradise and Power" which says that the current, and hopefully temporary, rift between Europe and America is a fundamental rift that will inevitably continue to widen, are dangerous.  The two greatest regions of democracy should not allow a transatlantic schism to occur.  Books like Metal Storm and Of Paradise and Power exploit that rift and serve to widen it.

That is why I was so harsh in words, for that I apologize, but events like this are the last thing Europe and America need right now.

Member of IAEA
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 19:00

Yes. And they are already making videogames about the ''upcoming'' invasion of Korea by the US

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 19:10

In my defense, I must say that I don't hold a grudge against Europeans.  I've been to Europe many times and in the next two months I'll be going to Paris and Budapest. 

My mother and some of my classmates make stupid statements like "let's invade France" or "let's just conquer the Middle East" and I always rebuke them for that and tell them they're ignorant.  I know a lot of Americans who try to act like the rest of the world is a backwater full of weak and unimportant powers that America should be able to dictate what it wants to and I cringe whenever I hear them say such things, for the same reason I don't like books like Metal Storm or Of Paradise and Power, they serve to push apart two regions of the world that should remain closely allied.

Member of IAEA
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 19:15

I would agree its silly that all these random people now all thinkthe US is going to invade them, but Cywr's right, the US creates alot of its own sensationalist literature.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 20:00
Thats fine, Turkey can keep printing those kind of books. America has there own, and damn, there ALOT better
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 20:08

Hi Lucifer:
thanks for sharing about this book, as you said on your previous post, and I quote you:

" A lot of military stuff in it. Strictly Turkish-oriented and anti-Bush. One must read this for some political fantasy".

Hi Genghis:

I do agree with you. During the past year, I learned that you are an open person, willing to share your opinion and listen to others.

Its just another book What If scenario.
If you all agree, lets move this topic to the Tavern or the Literature Forum.

Regards

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 20:17
Heh, your writers are way behind others. I remember i have read novel about USA attacking Poland in 1994. The title was "Noteka 2015".  It was extremly funny war story about how US army equiped with extreme high tech arms was defeated by polish army which was using completelly primitive and basic methods. I remember i couldnt stop laughing when was reading it.

Edited by Mosquito
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Murph View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2005 at 20:46
Originally posted by Mosquito

Heh, your writers are way behind others. I remember i have read novel about USA attacking Poland in 1994. The title was "Noteka 2015".  It was extremly funny war story about how US army equiped with extreme high tech arms was defeated by polish army which was using completelly primitive and basic methods. I remember i couldnt stop laughing when was reading it.

are you sure it was written by an american???...sounds like a polish author to me...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2005 at 04:16

Hey people I guess all should understand that I said "Turkish oriented" and "Anti-Bush". I am considered a liberal in my country, and many extremists dislike my thoughts therefore I am not in agreement with this book as perceived by Genghis. However I would like to thank him for clarifying his thoughts. Remember a famous saying; I don't agree with you thoughts, but I would die for defending your liberty of presenting your thoughts.

Best regards.

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2005 at 10:16

Originally posted by Murph

are you sure it was written by an american???...sounds like a polish author to me...

I didnt say that it was written by an American. Author is polish and his name is Konrad Lewandowski, the novel was published in Poland. It was so good that i still remember the name of author - after 10 years!

"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2005 at 10:29

i wonder why country like Turkey is expecting an attak from the US, it is getting closer to Israel everyday which makes her one of the US's best freinds.

i think the Iranians and the Syrians should expect such attaks and write books about Bush's crusads.

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2005 at 12:09

Funny thing, I used to know the guy who wrote that book.

Mixcoatl, I've also read a book in which Netherlands declared war on the US, because of global warming. It took place in the future. In the end the Netherlands won, because the American president was working for them. It is called Distraction, by Bruce Sterling, and it is pretty good. )

Oh, by the way, 'Lucifer' is Gallipoli. He's filling the Turkish section with insults as usual. I don't really care since I won't be reading here so often, but I thought you may not want to have this moron around.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2005 at 13:15
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

Oh, by the way, 'Lucifer' is Gallipoli. He's filling the Turkish section with insults as usual. I don't really care since I won't be reading here so often, but I thought you may not want to have this moron around.

we already knew from the beginning but thanks for informing us about the Turkish topics.

dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2005 at 15:26
Off topic question: There is internet in Albania? Isn't it a dictatorship?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2005 at 15:43
he does not live in Albania...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>