Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World War 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World War 3
    Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 16:01

I know this isn't strictly history but all wars have their roots in the past and my question is Where do you see the next world war emerging? who will fight it? why will it be fought?

Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 16:16
I could see a world war between a rising China and America, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, perhaps even India or Russia as the Chinese try to become more assertive in Eastern Asia.  This of course would occur after a 10 or so year arms race, and I wouldn't be surprised if war with China becomes the main US strategic planning concern.
Member of IAEA
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 16:33
With India would bring Pakistan into the mix.  How would the EU react?
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 19:15
ThE E.U. and America would be able to stop any military threat from China.
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 20:40

The EU probably wouldn't do anything as a whole, their leadership doesn't have that type of power.  Countries like the UK would probably join, but I don't think all of Europe would or wouldn't.  I wouldn't be surprised if cracks in the EU are showing by then. 

Russia might become a US ally against China, which might make some Europeans feel squeezed, and thus ally them politically with China.  Others might feel that they need to remain neutral or benevolent to the US-Russian alliance on both their flanks.

Pakistan is a traditional Chinese ally, so I think they would either join China and get overwhelmed by American-Indo forces early on or remain neutral.  They could use nukes, but it would suicidal, and the American air force would probably attain air dominance early on, making nuclear delivery almost impossible.

Member of IAEA
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 22:11
Heh.... let's see... Russia, China, the United States, India and Pakista... *cough* adios, see you all in heaven.... *lots of red buttons and booms*
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 22:12
Originally posted by Genghis

Pakistan is a traditional Chinese ally, so I think they would either join China and get overwhelmed by American-Indo forces early on or remain neutral.  They could use nukes, but it would suicidal, and the American air force would probably attain air dominance early on, making nuclear delivery almost impossible.

Heh, the only aircraft that the United States has right not to stop a nuclear delivery in the form of a missile coming out of a fortified bunker/silo is the new reconaissance aircraft with the laser the size of a basketball, and we still haven't been able to figure out how to have it so the laser can stay for a long enough time before burning the channeler.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 09:25

Well,  unless I am tragically mistaken,  we are still a step above the rest of the world.  I would just say ten years till there is a simple defense system up.

Unless we get a real idiot leading us soon of course

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 13:29
you already have...
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 16:54
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 18:43
 I'm prettys ure that Russia would try to stay out of it.
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 20:19
I think America and Russia need an alliance against China.  An oil-hungry China will certainly cast eyes on the rich sea of oil in Siberia.
Member of IAEA
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 21:16

"you already have..."

Thats true...

In Honor
pytheas View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote pytheas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 22:17
Most politicians are idiots, no matter what country they lead...It doesn't matter which one pushes the button first, since they'd all eventually do it for one reason or another....
Truth is a variant based upon perception. Ignorance is derived from a lack of insight into others' perspectives.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 23:28

Originally posted by dark_one

I'm prettys ure that Russia would try to stay out of it.

You probably know more than me on this, but since Russia shares two(?) boarders with China I'd think they'd feel a bit threatened, protecting themselves from a (probably) land/power hungry China. Also I *think the two would probably want the title of the most powerful country in Asia (although that probably goes to China)

Edited by Romaion
Liang Jieming View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Liang Jieming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 00:43
I think a more likely senario for WW3 is a religious war more like the crusades, ie. sporadically spread over decades.  It won't be in the traditional WW1 (european civilwar) form or the WW2 huge armies battling for land form but instead be scattered and therefore unpredictable localised actions between one side or the other, but fought throughout the world, in the hearts of cities, at beach resorts, at the volatile borders, at sea, at centre of commerce, at transportation hubs... no wait, isn't that happening already?

The fundamentalist islamic world has already declared war on the west.  They struck the first blow and the western coalitions have struck back.  Each strike has only served to harden resolve, spawning yet another generation born in the crucibles of war, terror and hatred.  Change has already occurred.  The America of today is not the America of yesterday.  The muslim youths of yesterday, angered by what they perceive as unjust western bullying have changed too. 

Unless something radical is done to halt this, it will grow and the war will spread.  The current lull to some is seen as a vindication of western military might.  While that maybe true in the short term, the fundamentalist with god on his side knows no time limit... and he gathers his forces, conserving his strength, plotting his plans.  Many in the west do not realise the scope of the war that is and has been building for the past decade.  Many don't even know there is a war on.  But the other side knows.  They whisper it amongst themselves.  They speak of stopping the further spread of Christiandom.  They see the unjust encroachment into their heartlands.  They see a world of infidels.  And there is where the problem lies.  When either side can see no compromise.  It is one or the other.  There is no we.  Everyone else who isn't with us are agents of the devil.  Christians proclaim the second coming.  The muslim see their faith threatened.  It is here.  Now.  Unless we nip it at the bud with a good dose of rationality on both sides, we will one day awake to the clouds of war in our cities, in our streets and in our beloved homes.

That is the scenario I see for the next World War.  That it hasn't happened in full bloom yet is testimony to the people who still remain sane, tolerant, rational and vigilant.  But the lines have been drawn.  Both sides are becoming increasingly radical.  Only time will tell.
Praetorian View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 15:53

Hop do's not hapen (WW3)

Too much people will die and a great wonders or ruins will be destroyed.

History is a story of humanity, so if history dies so will humanity.

Edited by Praetorian
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 16:31

But the terrace are not just fighting people in the West there fighting people in the Far East too and in the Middle East (the Iraqi police, the Turkish, the Israelites).

Them saying that the they declare war on the West is just to gain support, what theyre saying is very bias or not correct at all.

Edited by Praetorian
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 16:49

Originally posted by Christscrusader

ThE E.U. and America would be able to stop any military threat from China.

I think is very true, just US or the EU by itself can.

The reason I say this because the US is the number one power in earth and the EU is becoming stronger and more united every year.

And China does not have a good Air Force or big enough Air Force, so that saying, the US or EU can bombarded the country (list just hope the war does not happen period because like I said in my earlier post).

Edited by Praetorian
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 17:00

Originally posted by Liang Jieming

other side knows.  They whisper it amongst themselves.  They speak of stopping the further spread of Christiandom.  They see the unjust encroachment into their heartlands.  They see a world of infidels. 

Does this guy know something that we don't?

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>