Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Final Fantasy series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Final Fantasy series
    Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 12:17

VII is a real contender for best game ever, I recommend you play it,

Actually, I have tried to play it, got 3 hours into the game in fact. (My friend owns it), however, I couldn't get past the blocky characters and the fact that it was more Final Sci-Fi than Final Fantasy. So far IX is my favorite Final Fantasy.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 18:53
I have clocked up about 500 hours in VII, it just has some indescribable replay value that keeps getting me back to it again and again.

Your Vivi avatar is well noted JanusRook, and it is very true that IX is a lot more fantasy than VII, VIII and possibly X. I believe XII is to be more in the medieval vein and XIII is almost exclusively sci-fi, so maybe they're trying to keep the old and the new school happy.

Favourite character through the entire series???

Mine is probably Squall in VIII, because of his aloof attitude and general coolness. But then there's Cid in VII, and Rinoa in VIII, possibly the only female character with a discernible and exciting personality. She is definitely my quintessential Love interest of the series. Then there's Dyne in VII, so many choices!!

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 04:17
Wow, there's another one coming out? What is it, the 13th?

Join us.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 05:59
Originally posted by pekau

Wow, there's another one coming out? What is it, the 13th?

I believe its no.12
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 06:02
Originally posted by Dolphin

Favourite character through the entire series???

Sephiroth, Vincent, Auron and Kimari (I think I spelt those last 2 names wrong)
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 07:29
13 is in the making for the ps3, 12 for the ps2
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2007 at 19:42

13 is in the making for the ps3, 12 for the ps2

I had heard about 12 and even seen some trailers but haven't seen anything for 13 yetConfused I really need to keep up with the times Tongue
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 19:59
12 is out in a couple of weeks in Ireland, but is already long out in America and Japan I believe. 13 is probably not until this time next year. Does anyone think that Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus kinda ruined the kudos of VII? I think it did a little bit, but the magic of playing VII on Christmas morning 1997, with Aerith in the flames of the fire, the sparks like stars and the train going around Midgar is something I will honestly never forget, it's kinda my epiphany gaming moment I suppose.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2007 at 08:13

12 is out in a couple of weeks in Ireland, but is already long out in America and Japan I believe. 13 is probably not until this time next year. Does anyone think that Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus kinda ruined the kudos of VII? I think it did a little bit, but the magic of playing VII on Christmas morning 1997, with Aerith in the flames of the fire, the sparks like stars and the train going around Midgar is something I will honestly never forget, it's kinda my epiphany gaming moment I suppose.

Personally I love Advent Children and it would have to be one of my favorite movies around!!

in other news I am absolutely loving XII and been playing it over the past few weeks and racked up around 95 hours of gameplay...if it wasn't for school I'm sure I would be up in the 200+ hoursLOL
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2007 at 06:55
Originally posted by JanusRook

Of course I've never played FFVII and at this point I refuse to play it, as it started the whole blonde effeminate speedy main char vs. the grey-haired effeminate dracula-esque villian, which I feel has totally limited the surprise factor in the more recent Final Fantasies. Which is why I liked the direction they took in X-2, since it was different.

Well, you might feel like I'm stalking you now, but it can't be helped I suppose.

Anyway, this trend you mentioned did in my opinion start with FFIV, where you have Cecil vs. Golbez. Even if one could disagree with that, it definitely had started with FFVI and Kefka.

Of course, it could be argued that FFIX, and not FFVII, is the strongest exponent of this trend, with Zidane and that sexy little bitch Kuja.

My own favourite is FFVII, neither later or previous installments reached the level of depth in storytelling as this one.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 08:48
Okay, I'm doubleposting here, but I have to ask; how many are playing FFXII by now?

I just started this week myself, I've got as far as breaking loose from the guards in the Dreadnought Leviathan.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 02:00

Since about a week or so ago I had been playing it for ages and racked up around 96 hours of gameplay, it would be more if I still have it but I don't so I'm playing Dirge of Cerberus

but yeh if you ever need any help with it just ask and I'll help you if I can.

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 10:46
96 hours...I was wondering how much time this game would require, so far I'm at 20 hours and I'm just back in Rabanastre after blowing up the 8th fleet.

I doubt I'll do all the side-quests though, since FFX that has been too time-consuming.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 05:54
well I was still far from finished as in getting all the espers and ultimate weapons and side quests and that but story wise I was at the point that if I continued I wouldn't be able to go back.

o and did you look up the instructions on how to get the Zodiak spear (strongest weapon in the game)? Cause without it you wouldn't work out how to get it and most likely already ruined your chances.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 12:37
Well yeah, I did, but I kind of wanted to play it without walkthrough, so I did spoil my chances. It's stupid though, there's no way to know you can't take the treasures in the Nalbina dungeon without reading a walkthrough.

I'll admit I'm working with a License Board map though, to avoid wasting LP.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 07:15
pfft stuff the map for the License Board, just get 6 golden amulets when you can and you will be set to just go around blindly till you have all the quickenings then just get the rest one by one lol. I recommend getting all the augments a priority if there is nothing else in particular you are after cause they make things so much easier.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2007 at 07:30
I haveth six golden amulets now, and they are golden indeed. They have really helped me in racing after the quickenings on the license board, and I've bought nearly every augmentation.

At the moment I'm just about to throw myself at Mateus, successfully I hope. My party is somewhat diverse level-wise; Vaan is at nearly level 40, Basch around 35-36, the rest just below 30.

I have two quickenings for Vaan, Basch and Ash, and I've done some heavy chaining...I got 16 chains once, I could've done more  but I was so bored from watching them. Tongue I'm kind of planning on beating the last bosses with massive chaining attacks...seeing as I can just waste all my elixirs and megaelixirs on those battles, and if all my characters have three mist charges...it should work, don't you think?

Anyhoo, this is descending in IRC style conversation, and I've added you on messenger long since without getting any responce. Ouch 
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 08:23
i finished 12 by accident - didnt know that lame ass vayne was the final boss and destroyed him at level 60...disappointed.

The whole game oozes volume but no coherence- like whats the point of vaan he has no purpose in the story whatsoever. there was minimal character development as well. maybe im just a purist but the game just doesnt hold up.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 05:03
does anyone play the online ffXI..? I couldnt be bothered paying to play it, but was wondering was it any good..?
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 03:43
I would probably play it if I could afford it...and have a computer that good run it, but it looks good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>