Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Religios life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MASON1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MASON1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religios life
    Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 18:42

Do u guys consider religion big part of ur life and if u do do u disagree with its laws?

MASONRY WELCOMES EVERYBODY
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 19:25
Originally posted by MASON1

Do u guys consider religion big part of ur life and if u do do u disagree with its laws?

I disagree with strict, dogmatic interpretations of written religious documents. I believe that all religions primarily represent a moral/ethical code to live one's life by; in this sense, then, religion and/or spirituality can be part of everyone's life.
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
Lepidodendron View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lepidodendron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 19:29

The one thing doesn't necessarily rule out the other, but if you ask whether I am a religious person, then: no. However, I happen to agree with some of the laws in the bible. It's not useful for a society if its members go around killing, stealing and raping.
MASON1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MASON1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 19:30
ur absulutely right but some people take religion and become fanate over it like some churches they see jesus as their parents water bread etc.
MASON1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MASON1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 19:47
i agree with u too lepid i think bible torah quran etc can be useful to criminals and thats y they have bibles in jails.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:10

As a Christian, I believe that religion is a huge influence to my life... like billions of others. Look at how religion shaped the world we know today. Crusade, Thirty Years War, Concert of Europe, etc.

Join us.
MASON1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MASON1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:14
ya but being a fanate of christianity is wrong in my opinion foe example i have this worker in where i work and she only talks about jesus and if u dont believe in him ull go to hell etc, i think thats wrong and she doesnt even consider what i think and what are my beliefs.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:29

Religion is a personal business. People should chose what to believe, freely. Even atheism should be respected as a choice.

Society is the business of a people. Society imposses its civil rules, that we should agree, if we want to part of it of course.

That's the difference, I believe

Societies has the right to control that religions don't go wild, impossing things on theirs believer that go against human rights.

The opposite is not true. Religions should not control societies.

Pinguin
MASON1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MASON1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:30

EXACTLY, i love u pinquin lmaoo jk.)

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:34
Originally posted by pinguin

Religion is a personal business. People should chose what to believe, freely. Even atheism should be respected as a choice.

Society is the business of a people. Society imposses its civil rules, that we should agree, if we want to part of it of course.

That's the difference, I believe

Societies has the right to control that religions don't go wild, impossing things on theirs believer that go against human rights.

The opposite is not true. Religions should not control societies.

Pinguin

Well said. It's too bad that religious zealots get corrupted and get too much involved in the society and other earthly affairs. Jesus was a living example. He never got too much involved, and when social stability went out of control... he simply left. Why can't these relgious extremists see this?

Join us.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:36

ya but being a fanate of christianity is wrong in my opinion foe example i have this worker in where i work and she only talks about jesus and if u dont believe in him ull go to hell etc, i think thats wrong and she doesnt even consider what i think and what are my beliefs.

I do tolerate other beliefs... in fact, some of my friends have different religions and often, no religion at all. But that does not mean I yell at them that they are doomed in hell. Maybe it's not the right time... who knows. I just hope that they will be converted. Conversion of belief should never be forced. God gave us free-will for a reason...

Join us.
MASON1 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote MASON1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:48
YUP UR RIGHT I DONT LIKE WHEN RELIGION AND LAWS OR CUSTOMS OF SOCIETY GET MIXED TOGETHER.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2007 at 21:55

YUP UR RIGHT I DONT LIKE WHEN RELIGION AND LAWS OR CUSTOMS OF SOCIETY GET MIXED TOGETHER.

Indeed. It gets ugly. Look at Israel - Palestine issues, for instance.

Join us.
Slaaf20 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Slaaf20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2007 at 12:35
Originally posted by pekau

I do tolerate other beliefs... in fact, some of my friends have different religions and often, no religion at all. But that does not mean I yell at them that they are doomed in hell. Maybe it's not the right time... who knows. I just hope that they will be converted. Conversion of belief should never be forced. God gave us free-will for a reason...

Agreed!

The concept of coercing another to convert to a particular religion disgusts me.

Im an advocate of religious toleration and the appropriate teaching of religious education in state schools, in that beliefs should be taught not as fact but as theory; and all state schools should treat every major religion with equal value (I dont mean to intentionally disregard those faiths with a smaller following). Nonetheless if a child is entered into a faith school, then perhaps it is the parents decision, and almost their right, to bring that child up how they see fit (Ugh, Ive been reading too much Mill).

Sorry to diverge from the subject.

As a Quaker, the values that I follow are extremely important to me, however, I wouldnt dream of forcing my beliefs onto another.

I can understand how the law and religion can conflict though. It reminds of a recent case in the UK where Roman Catholic adoption agencies lost their battle to opt out of new laws banning discrimination against homosexual couples. Personally Im for gay couples adopting children; nevertheless I think that it is rather ignorant of the government to expect Catholics to separate their beliefs from their practices, and in effect such disregard for sects beliefs could be considered as religious discrimination.

Edited by Slaaf20 - 05-Feb-2007 at 12:38
The_Jackal_God View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote The_Jackal_God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 10:16
^^ just goes to show that it's naive to think religion and law shouldn't overlap, because they do, so very very much.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 13:08

As a Christian, I believe that religion is a huge influence to my life... like billions of others. Look at how religion shaped the world we know today. Crusade, Thirty Years War, Concert of Europe, etc.

Undeniable.

However, your examples are not, I would have thought, very good advertisements for religion.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 14:01
Originally posted by gcle2003

Undeniable.

However, your examples are not, I would have thought, very good advertisements for religion.

LOL ROL and again!!!
Lepidodendron View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Lepidodendron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2007 at 15:30
Originally posted by gcle2003

Undeniable.

Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 15:24
I am a Liberal jew that means I am free with my faith
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2007 at 16:43
Nowadays religion is something that is just in the heart and not in the minde.

I think the term believer is wrong you can say I'm muslilm/christian/jew/budist. but if you don't follow there practices or costumes you are not believing is not enought acting is.

There is a term in Islam for this I think.

you have 4 kinds of people

1. Who believes in God and pray to him and stuff(mumin)
2. Who believes in God but doesn't do anything(forgot the name)
3. Who act like he  beliefs in God but real doesn't(munafiq)(those people don't exist anymore I think well not in the west I think)
4. Wh says I don't believe in God and doesn't act like he does(Kafir)

So wich one are you LOL 1 2 3 or 4
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>