Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who do Americans consider closer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Who do Americans consider closer
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [42.55%]
2 [4.26%]
1 [2.13%]
15 [31.91%]
2 [4.26%]
1 [2.13%]
6 [12.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who do Americans consider closer
    Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 12:28
Just wondering. Who? (except English speaking nations)

Edited by The Hidden Face - 01-Feb-2007 at 12:33
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 12:37
Hmm, I think that would depend on whether they have German, Italian, mexican et al ancestry!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 12:39
Well geographically Mexico's alot close. However, we all know what American geography knowledge is like Tongue
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 14:17
Like country, nation, France; privatelly, from person to person, Germans.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 14:22
Germans. Most of Americans have German ancestors.
Anfører
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 14:46
nonsense a americans has a lot of nationalities as ancestors the one is irish the other british the othere italian

I think Israel is very close because its copying everything that is american
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 15:35
Politically I voted Japan, although I agree with the whole german thing, a lot of americans have german ancestry. (Heck, I am descended from German-speaking Americans.)  however it's not so much spoken aloud politically, but then again they did intern japanese during wwII and not germans.
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 19:04
Originally posted by Dan Carkner

Politically I voted Japan,

But i think that the americans have an strongest political connection with France, democracy and common freedom fight; it's recurrent the idea of the friendship between these two greats democracies and the americans don't hide it, contrary, they are proud about this.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 20:53
voted chinese.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 21:20
I have to say Morrocan
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 21:30
I know there are quite a lot of Italians in the U.S. population as well. So I voted that.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 21:32
Originally posted by Top Gun

nonsense a americans has a lot of nationalities as ancestors the one is irish the other british the othere italian

Anfører
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 22:49
I guess I'll go with Italian only because my last name is Italian. But I consider myself American and feel more related to our brother of the North, Canada.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 23:57
From this list I would have to go with the Germans. Germans were put in internment camps just not on the level that the Japanese were. Are Americans really that close with France?
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 00:09
There are the French in New England who came from Montreal, my mother's side is one of those. There is also the French in New Orleans, the Cajuns.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 00:40
Ancestry doesn't indicate closeness. I took the question to be political not ancestral. You seem to be taking it ancestrally. Some have stated a political closeness to France I don't think that the US is closer (politically) to France than Germany
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 00:44
I voted France, so many similarities between two states. That is also probably the reason the two hate eachother so much.
Top Gun View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Suspended

Quote Top Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 05:30
Originally posted by sirius99

no that can't be this map must be fake
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 08:36

Originally posted by sirius99

no that can't be this map must be fake

It's based on the US census, I don't see why the census should give fake statistics. How do you think that map should look like then?
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2007 at 18:43
Ancestry doesn't indicate closeness. I took the question to be political not ancestral. You seem to be taking it ancestrally. Some have stated a political closeness to France I don't think that the US is closer (politically) to France than Germany
It was a pretty vague question. Like I said earlier though I'd choose Canada, and only chose Italian and maybe French because of ancestry. I didn't really think much politically, I personally don't feel close to any country due to political reasons.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>