Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ming atrocities in Korea during Imjin war

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ming atrocities in Korea during Imjin war
    Posted: 26-Apr-2007 at 00:21
Haha.. can't believe some of the pics I uploaded long time ago can be seen in here.
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2007 at 00:40

General Guan wearing Ming style armor.
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2007 at 00:56
Here are some of the series of "出警入跸图"(Chu Jing Ru Bi Tu). I will post more when I have time.

intem View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote intem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2007 at 02:42
Killabee are you a chinese? How were able to get these magnificient pictures?
J.T.I.J
The Charioteer View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote The Charioteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 18:04
This painting illustrates a Ming general in armor

If compare it to the armor wore by stone guard of Ming tomb

The similarity is quite obvious.

Edited by The Charioteer - 30-Apr-2007 at 18:20
heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2012 at 08:01
This may be another reason why Sui and Tang spend so much time and energy invading Korea in the past too (for the women). It is written that the soft and light features of Korean women was desired in the past.

In Japan, Haplogroup O2B has a slightly higher rate than O3, while in Korea, O3 is slightly higher than O2B.  Could it be this recent Chinese influence in Korean genetics?
Martjn View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Martjn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2018 at 06:34
Lol I knew non of you guys can read this. Both source literally said that the delinquent soldiers were executed by the Ming generals themselves.
Martjn View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Martjn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2018 at 06:35
Originally posted by stupidumboy

Yes, they are based on the real history record, 
Accordi ng to 'the annals  of Chosun dynasty.'

宣祖 91卷, 30年( 1597 丁酉 / (萬曆) 25年) 8月 7日 乙丑 6

漢城府啓曰: �當日到付中部主簿牒呈內, 本月初六日夕, 私奴世亨招內, 有一蒙白女人過去, 唐人扶執, 脅奸作計。 怒其牢拒不從, 拔劍剌腮及項, 又斬世亨十四歲童奴末叱山頭, 手持橫行云。 敢啓。� 頗遊擊管下軍李宗義及被傷女人德只等, 麻都督使頗遊擊取招, 則李宗義招辭以爲: �昨日失馬尋蹤之際, 兒童三人在路上牽去, 見我追去, 二兒走避, 一兒顚仆。 進捉詰問, 則只謂我强盜, 醉酒中拔劍殺之� 云。 德只以爲: �自市上從抄路轉過, 唐人一名逆來, 欲爲怯奸, 高聲走過, 則拔劍趕到, 刺傷右腮。 時有一兒從後來, 亦爲大呼强盜, 則返追兒童, 因爲擊殺� 云。 遊擊以女人之說爲實, 稟于都督, 斬首於鍾樓街上云。 上曰: �知道。�

宣祖 103卷, 31年( 1598 戊戌 / (萬曆) 26年) 8月 1日 甲寅

劉提督接伴使金睟馳啓曰: �衙門各將, 到全羅地方, 多發軍丁, 搜索遠近, 無髮者, 皆綁拿。 得病落髮者及僧髡, 亦皆被拿, 一日之間多至數百。 天兵因此出入村巷, 奪掠財産, 刦奸婦女, 至有强奸童女。 事覺, 提督梟其甚者。�

Maybe cydevil could help some translation if you are confused to understand articles clearly.
There are more but I am just showing the authentic record about those incidents.

I mean in those texts. Sorry for the quotation fail.
Martjn View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Martjn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2018 at 06:39
"遊擊以女人之說爲實, 稟于都督, 斬首於鍾樓街上": Youji (an army rank) takes the women's words as real, told the Dudu (higher ranked general) and had them killed.

"事覺, 提督梟其甚者。":
When discovered, the Tidu (synonymous to Dudu) had the most extreme ones beheaded.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123