Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Major League Baseball 2007 season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Major League Baseball 2007 season
    Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 21:05
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

Originally posted by Justinian

The red sox are becoming the new yankees, now we have yankees A and yankees B.Ermm

Hahaha, yeah, I have seen that being said quite a bit lately.  Did you see that A-Rod opted out of his contract with the Yankees?  Where do you think he might go?  I have heard Red Sox and Angels mentioned.  It would be cool to see him go to the A's, with them getting rid of the ailing Eric Chavez.  But I doubt Oakland has room on the budget.

I did see that, that was all they were talking about on sportscenter today.  I have heard the angels mentioned a lot.  The thing is who can afford a 300 million dollar player?

Seko is right on; it must be good to be a boston sports fan this year, just incredible how their teams are doing.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2007 at 23:11
Hopefully he goes to Boston and the Yankees get Mike Lowell. But I think he will go to either the Mets, Sox, or Cubs.
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 03:48
For the love of god I hope A-Rod doesn't go to Boston.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 05:38
I think A-Rod is going to the Cubs. Although Chicago cant offer him the largest sum of money, they are thinking about giving him like 10% ownership of the team after retirement.

Also I heard that Joe Torre has accepted to be the coach for the Dodgers! That means that all the Yankees are going to move to L.A. This sounds familiar for some reason.........
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 17:46
Originally posted by Kaysaar

For the love of god I hope A-Rod doesn't go to Boston.

I hope not as well. I've been a huge red sox fan for 20+ years now but A-rod doesn't equal success for your team. Even though he puts up huge numbers he doesn't bring much else to the team and is one of the more greedy selfish players in the league. He will definitely be going to either a big city Chicago,N.Y. or L.A. so he can continue to market himself or to a well established, historic and wealthy franchise like Boston(hopefully not). I'd like to see him in the National League. Cubs or dodgers. The news that Torre is going to the Dodgers could help or hurt them in the A-rod sweepstakes as well.
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 17:48
Man, I hate Boston.

It sucks they won...
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 19:18
Adalwold I agree. It really annoys me that I have to deal with idiot Red Sox fans being obnoxious because the Sawx won. Gundamor that's the reason I hope he goes to the Red Sox, he is post season poison.
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 22:35
I have to agree, Red Sox fans r the worst. Outside my dorm on the entire campus sox fans wer running about screaming and shit and going crazy. A parade of the guys were being followed by a police van too lol i thought that was funny

Edited by Ponce de Leon - 30-Oct-2007 at 22:35
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 00:06
Originally posted by King John

Adalwold I agree. It really annoys me that I have to deal with idiot Red Sox fans being obnoxious because the Sawx won. Gundamor that's the reason I hope he goes to the Red Sox, he is post season poison.

What happens if A-Rod goes to the Red Sox, puts up astronomical numbers at hitter-friendly Fenway, and produces in the postseason?

Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 02:11
To those who complain about Sox fans: The fans of winning teams are almost always seen as obnoxious jerks by the losing teams, even more so when it involves members in a heated rivalry (Sox/Yankees) for example. There are tedious, idiot fans everywhere. So you're bitter that your rival won, please, get over it.

I'd still rather not have a personality like A-Rod in the Sox clubhouse. The Sox have such a goofy dynamic in their clubhouse and I don't think that his presence would do anything other than disrupt that. As for the big numbers, after their performances this post season, I don't think that they need his numbers.

Edited by Kaysaar - 31-Oct-2007 at 02:12
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2007 at 20:57
Well it seems like the Yankees are making a big push for Johann Santana. Santana is one of the best if not the best pitcher in Baseball however I don't like the idea that the Yankees are going to give away prospects like Phil Hughs, and Melky Cabrera (both guys have proven they can produce at the major league level). I know you have to give something to get something but when coupled with the fact that any team who makes this trade would have to sign Santana to a record deal. With all that said I would still want the Yankees to make that trade. Would you want your team to make this trade?
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2007 at 21:18
Originally posted by King John

Well it seems like the Yankees are making a big push for Johann Santana. Santana is one of the best if not the best pitcher in Baseball however I don't like the idea that the Yankees are going to give away prospects like Phil Hughs, and Melky Cabrera (both guys have proven they can produce at the major league level). I know you have to give something to get something but when coupled with the fact that any team who makes this trade would have to sign Santana to a record deal. With all that said I would still want the Yankees to make that trade. Would you want your team to make this trade?

Yes, it is a good idea for them to go after young power pitching.  With Petitte's status questionable, and with Clemens' poor performance for too much money, the Yankees need to get someone to help out Wang.  Why don't they get rid of some aging stars like Giambi or Damon for pitching prospects?

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2007 at 21:52
Giambi can't be traded at this point. He has one year left on his contract and is set to earn nearly $20million next year, so nobody's going to pick him up and give the Yankees something really good.
Prophet View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Prophet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2007 at 01:12
Heh Heh!!  Go Rockies!!!!  2008 will be a good one for us.  P
You have never fought a war unless you have fought the Germans. W.S. Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234