Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Internet in North korea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internet in North korea
    Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 21:56

I remember watching 20/20 and hearing that there was no internet in North korea, is this true?

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 21:58
I am sure that North Korea do have internet, it's just that it's limited for the nation's intelligence... I think.

North Korea has its own internet. It's reserved for some elite students. But access to world wide internet is forbidden to all public.

Join us.
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 21:59
lol its liek ur the only1 on, cause ur answering all my questions....
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 22:44
Oh well, I am bored.

Join us.
Denis View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Denis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 23:16
Is there not always a way of accessing the www? even in remote places like rural Laos, or in the depths of mountains in Nepal one can get internet access apparantly.
"Death belongs to God alone. By what right do men touch that unknown thing"

Victor Hugo
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 23:23
Yes, and North Korea have internet access. The old men (Government) of North Korea needs internet to efficiently gather intelligence and info from the Western world, which is the enemy. It's just that internet is not allowed to the commoners in North Korea. Some internet is available to elite students and few others, but the internet is not world wide web, but is North Korea wide web. (Although I heard that some Chinese websites would be allowed to some businessmen for encouraging trades)

Join us.
Dilvish View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Dilvish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 00:04
Originally posted by Denis

Is there not always a way of accessing the www? even in remote places like rural Laos, or in the depths of mountains in Nepal one can get internet access apparantly.
u dont understand in North Korea internet is blocked, but is only allowed to an elite few such as students and noble families like some1 else quoted.
 Post Reply Post Reply