Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Invictus Party

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Invictus Party
    Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 10:20

Welcome to the All Empires version of the retirement party.

Our great Administrator and webmaster of many years Imperator Invictus has found that the time for him to pursue other interests has come. Just a simple good bye note seemed inadequate for such an occasion. So we are throwing him a party to show our gratitude. So please all of you give him a toast, send him a drink, let him know how much we will miss him and all he does.

To that end I would like to propose a toast to the fellow that has helped to make our wonderful community what it is today.

As far as I could find this was his first involvement in the first thread back when All Empires was just an Idea

_BlackRider_ posted 01-30-02 11:11 PM EDT (US) 11 / 25

Last summer, I was going to make a mongol website. I'm pretty good with computers and graphics and such, but I canceled the project because school started. The only thing I got done was a half complete bio on genghis khan, about 8000 words of his early life. I'll revitalize this project later. But for now i'm too lazy to do so, or to get involved with any other serious project, for now. But as cym said a great source for partnership is simaqian studios (I'm there as Kha khan, tho i haven't posted since the forum change).

Too lazy,...... too lazy ... somehow that is not a statement that I would use to describe Imperator. Never ending patents for a million stupid questions, yes . Lazy ,never. I for one am glad he found the energy to become involved in Cyruss little project.

By the time I found All Empires in 2003 it was already a large forum with many hundred members and Imperator Invictus was at the helm even if his name was Kha Khan ( how many names can one guy have) . He was one of the first to welcome me way back then.. His friendly helpful manner set the standard for everyone else. That has never changed. His hard work has made this forum what it is today. He litterally made the flora as you see them today. The skin designs and banners are all his. He has seen us through the good times -massive growth and all. And the bad - one complete deletion - and another server move and of course the "union" of history forums. He handled it all with efficency and patients and a level head.. His contributions go beyond his administration and webmaster duties are many. Over the years he has contributed mightily to the historical content and discursions here. Did you know he is closer to being an expert on many subjects than the rest of us will ever be and he has shared that knowledge with us.

So Imperator here is a toast to you.

Thank you for your dedication, energy and your creativity. For all your hard work and generosity. For so freely sharing yourself , your knoledge and your time . May you succeed in all your endeavours as you have in this one. All empires is what it is because of you. Thank You

For the future:

May you always have work for your hands to do. May your pockets hold always a coin or two. May the sun shine bright on your windowpane. May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you. And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

And Always remember:

Goodbyes are not forever.

Goodbyes are not the end.
 They simply mean we'll miss you
Until we meet again! ~Author Unknown

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 10:28

...despite being a relative newcomer, i have noticed II's contribution and effort throughout the site, and a huge commendation is well-deserved...especially as II has made a significant advance for the subject i love so dearly....

...i sincerely hope that the future brings II all that is desired and a rather large slice of fortune!!!!..

..right, i'll bring the party-poppers and fairy cakes, and a huge helping of jelly and ice-cream!!!!....

....ClapClapThumbs%20UpClap
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 10:32
You are great Imperator, brindis for you and good luck Clap
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 10:37
Partir c'est mourir un peu....

You will be missed sorely!

Keep dropping in!

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 10:38

No need to be an old member; because we can see his contribution everywhere in AE.

We miss you so much Invictus. I wish him the best of luck.

Edited by gok_toruk - 18-Jan-2007 at 10:43
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 10:47
Now the time is getting closer. Pretty soon our dear friend will be moving on into a world without AE. He has been such a vital part of this community that it seems unreal to imagine not having him around.

As far back as I could remember Imperator Invictus has spent numerous hours tweaking and improving the format of this web page. His patience and helpful demanor were behavioral strengths that he shared with us. We could do justice to him if we were to immitate just part of his virtuous characteristics.

Thanks for all of your hard work, knowledge and dedication you put into All Empires! 

Good cheer to you Imperator Invictus! May your horizons always look bright!Thumbs%20Up

We have an ongoing farewell thread in the moderator's room. Below are a few excerpts from various staff members:

He always commanded respect, simply because he gave you respect. - Seko

I've noticed the level of dedication & talent - Hellios

I do believe there isn't anything that he cannot do! - Morticia

Oh, and I wish that the time you spend away from AE will be half as good as it would be when you would spend it hereTongue...And I give you five stars!StarStarStarStar - rider

His work, abilities and dedication can not be overestimated and will be hard to match...I wish you the best of luck in your future endavours, and I have no doubt that you will excell in your future work and life, just like you have done here. - Northman

Invictus you are the best - poirot

Second that!!      ClapClapStarStarClap - red clay

Hear, hear! - Zagros

Don't have words to express my gratitude Invictus - Omar al Hashim

Without Invictus, this site would have folded long ago. Thanks for all the hard work and time invested! - cattus

You rule Invictus!  Hug - aelfgifu

Hats off to someone without whom none of this would have been possible! - Decebal

Invicticus was pretty much essential to keeping the forum going, plus all the work for the upgrades which probably would have been more problematic without him. - cywr

When I got to know him , he was using the nich Khakhan. Since that time, he has dedicated himself to the development of our community. - TheDiplomat

...start chanting "Imperator Invictus Zindabad!" - Anujkhamar

We'll definately miss you! - Mixcoatl

As far as i remember Imperator have always been the mysterious man behind AE's success as a forum and Website...his decisions about making some changes on AE has always been as i remember in a Democratic way :), good listener to suggestions of everybody including guests, kept bringing AE to new levels of success. - azimuth

Edited by Seko - 18-Jan-2007 at 11:09
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 10:51

And it will be so hard to fill his shoes....

Cyrus, Omar and Hugo - jump onboard - room for all of us LOL

Best of Luck Invictus!!
If someone can make it, its you - go for it!

Cheers Mate, and Thank You 
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 11:09
Long live the Imperator!
alexandruu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote alexandruu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 11:43
I'm a newcomer to, but Imperator Invictus's posts are very hard to miss.  

I'll miss you, Imperator. You are a realy great man.

All hail !
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 11:52
Imperator Invictus is one dedicated man who can get things done. I never saw him in a bad mood. Always polite; always friendly :)

I got to work closely with him two times: when we moved the main site to a CMS, and then when we started the magazine. He put a lot of work on both projects at the same time that he was actively participating with his other roles on the site. At the same time, he was going to college through a challenging program.

I wish that he has a good rest from his many years of work. We will be missed so much by all of us, and by me in particular.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 12:28
Thanks again guys! Smile

The joy of being here in a forum so vibrant has kept me around for such a long time. AE has really been a wonderful experience for me and I'll really miss the community when I leave after the TQ. Cry 
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 12:33

Hey Imperator best of wishes for your future plans and goals and thanks again for making this forum one of the best online!

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Goban View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Goban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 12:54
Thank you very much Imperator for all of your help. You will be sorely missed.

Best of luck to you.
The sharpest spoon in the drawer.
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 13:04
Good luck with all you are pursuing and thanks for all you did on this forum.

Your article on the Mongol Empire is still my all time favorite and one of the reasons why I got so interested to be a member.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 13:07
     Thanks for all your contributions and good luck in your future endeavors.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 13:11
Imperator Invictus - I don't know who you are, couldn't imagine what you ever have done here, don't know what you will do now, but doesn't matter, have a nice rest of your lifetime
.....pooh, that was a close thing, don't want to say something wrong, no to elevated and not to extraneous so that everyone wants to talk to me any longer.
HugClapStarCryBroken%20Heart

and now a song ........

Goodbye to you my trusted friend
We ve known each other since we
Were nine or ten
Together we ve climbed hills and trees
Learned of love and abc s
Skinned our hearts and
Skinned our knees

Goodbye my friend it s hard to die
When all the birds are singing
In the sky
Now that spring is in the air
Pretty girls are everywhere
Think of me and I ll be there

We had joy we had fun we had
Seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed were
Just seasons out of time

Goodbye papa please pray for me
I was the black sheep of the family
You tried to teach me right from wrong
Too much wine and too much song
Wonder how I got along

Goodbye papa it s hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
Little children everywhere
When you see them I ll be there

Seasons in the sun
But the wine and the songs like the
Seasons have all gone
Seasons in the sun
But the wine and the song like
The seasons have all gone

Goodbye michelle my little one
You gave me love and helped
Me find the sun
And every time that I was down
You would always come around
And get my feet back on
The ground

Goodbye michelle it s hard to die
When all the birds are singing in
The sky
Now that the spring is in the air
With the flowers everywhere
I wish that we could both be there

Seasons in the sun
But the hills that we climbed were
Just seasons out of time

Seasons in the sun
But the wine and the song like the
Seasons have all gone

Seasons in the sun
Seasons have all gone

Seasons in the sun
Seasons have all gone

SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 13:38

Thanks for all the hard work Imperator! Sucks that your retiring from being the AdminstratorDisapprove, but you'll still be taking part in the forums from time to time, right???

Anyways, best of luck.

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
kilroy View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
AE Editor

Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 13:42
Thank you for all of the hard work you've put in all these years!
Kilroy was here.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 13:50
Originally posted by Northman

And it will be so hard to fill his shoes....

Cyrus, Omar and Hugo - jump onboard - room for all of us LOL

Best of Luck Invictus!!
If someone can make it, its you - go for it!

Cheers Mate, and Thank You 

and for my dear friend northman

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 14:28
WOW, What a party!!!! Good luck to Imperator! You will be greatly missed here...we hope to read you from time to time, no?

For he's a jolly good fellow,
For he's a jolly good fellow,
For he's a jolly good fellowwwwwwwwwwwwww
Which Nobody Can Deny!!!!

Cupcakes for everyone!!!!!!!

Okay, who is bringing the booze?
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>