Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulgaria
    Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 07:45
About the Nagyszentmiklos treasure - here's the Bulgarian article of Prof. Ivan Dobrev, which I mentioned. But from the two inscriptions, which it views, it shows the original text only of the second one and not of the one, which mentions Asparuh.

As for writing something about Bulgaria - perhaps a somewhat concised history of the First Bulgarian Empire would be best? Although that would be too much to write. Maybe only about paganistic Bulgaria, i.e. from before the establishment (with or without the raids centuries before that) till around the Christianization...

Edit: Anton, do you have something in mind too?

Edited by NikeBG - 19-Dec-2006 at 02:39
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2006 at 05:37
Btw, I actually can't do it right now or possibly soon, because of the work and another "research" I have to make. Maybe Anton, Krum or someone else would want to write something? I could only offer some help...
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2006 at 13:55
In my view the most interesting ruler of the paganistic period is Krum.

He is not famous only with his military achievements.Krum is the bulgarian ruler who introduce written laws for first time in bulgarian history.There are many things i can say about Krum but now i am going to .
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 05:02
Well, Nike, would you write the article by yourself then?
Tar Szernd View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Tar Szernd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 07:42
Hali!

In the hungarian history writing the treasure of nagyszentmikls is writen to the early avars (heavy cavalarry men; no stirrups etc.) But I colud read after this thing. (Certenly, in the Avar lands were living f. e. kutrigurs and other ogur tribes too, but I think, it ( this, from two different source mixed dinner set)was a treasure of an avarian noble man or woman (probably of a tudun or katun etc), wich was hiden away from the attacking danube-bulgarians.

TSZ
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 10:58
Originally posted by rider

Well, Nike, would you write the article by yourself then?

I have to finish with one other research first.

Originally posted by Tar Szernd

Hali!
In the hungarian history writing the treasure of nagyszentmikls is writen to the early avars (heavy cavalarry men; no stirrups etc.) But I colud read after this thing. (Certenly, in the Avar lands were living f. e. kutrigurs and other ogur tribes too, but I think, it ( this, from two different source mixed dinner set)was a treasure of an avarian noble man or woman (probably of a tudun or katun etc), wich was hiden away from the attacking danube-bulgarians.

TSZ

Could you then give us information who is this Asparuh, whose some of the finds were?
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 11:10
Very well. Finish it first.

Thanks for agreeing.
Burdokva View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Burdokva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2007 at 19:19
If there's a bulgarian-related article I'd say it should probably be about Simeon I the Great. Not so much concidering the military and political might of his state, but the cultural achievements.

Niki? With my awfull english I won't dare undertake such a task... :)
Unity makes Strenght
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 07:41
You could make it on Bulgarian and I'll edit and translate it to English - that's my specialty, you know. Wink
Although, if it's a ruler I would hesitate between Boris I and his son Simeon I. Or maybe both? Smile
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 10:12
Make an article about the whole Krum dysnasty from 803 to 997.It will be a huge one.
Plato
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 10:48
It would be either too huge to be written and translated in the next few months or it would be too shortened.
Btw, Rider, if we make one article and it's good, we could eventually continue and make more articles, right?
Burdokva View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Burdokva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 11:45
Maybe we could start with Krum and if the article proves to be a succes we could continue with the entire dynasty?
Unity makes Strenght
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 11:52
I think it would be better if we start with either Boris I or Simeon I where culture had a bigger importance. But if we start with Simeon, it might look as a bit nationalistic "praise" (since the too greater glory in one place). For me Boris would be probably best. But I'll be mainly the translator, so whatever you chose...
Liudovik_Nemski View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Liudovik_Nemski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 11:34
Today on January 13-th it makes 79 years since the great deed of Mara Buneva(you all know who she is from my PM'sWink) and her death.

Eternal glory for the great heroine!!!
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 11:59
Will you allow me to give the link for the clip and the song of this great heroine.I want and others to learn about Mara Buneva.

(I dont fear of the Dark).
Plato
Liudovik_Nemski View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Liudovik_Nemski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 12:40
Originally posted by Krum

I didn't quite get that.

Post the video but what did you mean by the upper thing?

Edited by Liudovik_Nemski - 13-Jan-2007 at 12:41
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 12:42
Originally posted by Liudovik_Nemski

Originally posted by Krum

I didn't quite get that.Post the video but what did you mean by the upper thing?

That was a joke.There is a song of Iron Maiden "Fear of the dark".Here the dark ones are......Ooops.I may be banned for this.
Plato
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 07:01
Originally posted by tzar

Do you know anything about Bulgaria?
It will be a pleasure for me to intodoce my country
Bulgaria is the second eurpean country which exist untill our days and the first slavs' country. In the ancient times bulgarian language was an official diplomatic language. Bulgarians culture exerted influance upon Russian and Serbian ones. Bulgaria was created by khan Asparuh in 681. The greatest bulgarian king (tzar) during the First Bulgarian Empire (681-1018) is Simeon I the Great. During the rule of him Bulgaria included the whole territories of today's Romania, Moldova, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece and a parts from Hungary, Bosnia and european Turkey. His ruling is called the golden epoch. He once for all put the Christianity as national religion and wage many wars on Byzantium and compeled the Byzantine emperor Roman Lapkin  to recognized him as a amperor of bulgarians and byzantines also compeler Byzantina patriarch to recognized an independence of bulgarian church. After Simeon Bulgaria was being ruled by Peter I (Byzantium officialy recognized  that Bulgaria is  tzarstvo (empire)), Samuel I, Aaron, Ivan Vladislav (last two ruled around 10 years). During the rule of last bulgarian was conquered by Bassilii II who after the batlle of villiage Kluch captured one bulgarian army, and blinded the whole army as left one with one eye to led the army to Bulgarian tzar (Samuel I who when saw them deid from hart attack)
  The greatest tzar of the Second Bulgarian Empire (1185-1396) is Ivan II Asen. During his ruling Bulgaria became one of the great powers in europen southeast.
The greatest bulgarian's enemy during the first and second empire is Byzatium

GREAT POST! I think that the world is not acquainted enough with the rich history of the Southeastern European nations. Bulgaria has a very very rich history with the Middle Ages being the Bulgarians' Golden Ages, as it is also the case with Serbia.

Also, try this link, a very good book available for free in pdf: http://socserv2.socsci.mcmaster.ca/econ/ugcm/3ll3/sigel/slavoniclaw.pdf

Cheers!

Edited by Soloviev - 17-Jan-2007 at 07:05
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 16:16
Hey, guys! Sorry for not being around lately - my job is taking a really lot of my time lately! Actually, I feel as if all I do is sleep, have breakfast, go to work, work, go back home, have dinner, sleep, have breakfast and so on (well, it's not exactly like that, but I feel like it).
Anyway, is someone working on the article?
Onogur View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Onogur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2007 at 23:22
Hmmm... nobody here for more then a month. I can write an article about the dynasty of Krum... I already have it in Bulgarian.... Just have to translate it... Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>