Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulgaria
    Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 02:48
Send it to me to check it out! Wink
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 13:41
There was already a project for Bulgaria started a while ago, and while it wasn't finished, there was still quite a lot of material on it.  Is it still somewhere on the forums?

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Kubrat View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kubrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2007 at 13:44
Actually, this http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1846&PN=1&TPN=1 should be a link to it, but when I click on it, it says permission denied...
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
-William Shakespeare
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 10:29
Is somebody interested in PowerPoint Presentations, In english, about Medieval Bulgarias \Old Great Bulgaria, Danube Bulgaria and Volga Bulgaria\ ?

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2007 at 13:54

Originally posted by kubrat

There was already a project for Bulgaria started a while ago, and while it wasn't finished, there was still quite a lot of material on it.  Is it still somewhere on the forums?

Actually I finished it Wink, or I think so!

Edited by tzar - 02-Mar-2007 at 13:56
Everybody listen only this which understands.
Liudovik_Nemski View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Liudovik_Nemski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 03:18
Happy 3rd March-Liberation Day and end of the ottoman tyranny to all Danube Bulgars,go out and get drunk somewhere!!!I'll probably do the sameBig%20smile

LONG LIVE FREEDOM

Edited by Liudovik_Nemski - 03-Mar-2007 at 03:20
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 03:58

Yes.... the 3rd of March 1878 was a Great day in Bulgarian History!

It is a Great Shame and Trajedy though that this Liberation only lasted for about 65 years... before Bulgaria once again fell Victim to Tyranny!

NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 07:10
Originally posted by }|{oyko

Is somebody interested in PowerPoint Presentations, In english, about Medieval Bulgarias \Old Great Bulgaria, Danube Bulgaria and Volga Bulgaria\ ?

Of course - I am always interested to see historical presentations, sometimes even if it's on a language I can't understand well (I have one about German fortresses, aber mein Deutsch ist soooo schlecht...), especially if they have nice pics! Wink

And happy 3rd of March to all (and a belated happy Baba Marta)!
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 07:15
Happy 3rd March-Liberation Day! Thumbs%20Up

Edited by The Hidden Face - 03-Mar-2007 at 07:19
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 13:43
Originally posted by NikeBG

Originally posted by }|{oyko

Of course - I am always interested to see historical presentations, sometimes even if it's on a language I can't understand well (I have one about German fortresses, aber mein Deutsch ist soooo schlecht...), especially if they have nice pics! Wink

And happy 3rd of March to all (and a belated happy Baba Marta)!
Niki, It's me, Georgi form BTW Wink
Happy 3th march !
Btw, you know my pics, they are from the e-mail .
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 15:15
Happy 3rd of March! Great thanks to Russian, Romanian and Serbian troops as well as our own rebels died for our independence.

Image:Shipka-memorial-tower.jpg

Originally posted by Gargoyle

It is a Great Shame and Trajedy though that this Liberation only lasted for about 65 years... 

Liberation only lasted few months untill Berlin congress.

Yet, it gave Bulgaria semi-independence which later people like Stefan Stambolov converted to complete independence.

Originally posted by Gargoyle

Bulgaria once again fell Victim to Tyranny!

Gargoyle, read a bit more about what happen in Bulgaria from 1944 to late 1980s. I never supported communists but to call it as Tyranny is a sort of overestimation. Wink
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 15:18

Well,you should thank us too........for not helping the Ottomans!TongueWink

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 16:14
Originally posted by Spartakus

Well,you should thank us too........for not helping the Ottomans!TongueWink

Hm... That would be great help for Ottomans indeed. Wink But on the other hand as far as I know Greeks (and Turks) had their own representatives in Bulgarian parlament so you won from Bulgarian liberation as well. Butthank you anyway Tongue
Neoptolemos View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Neoptolemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2007 at 18:22
Happy Liberation Day, Bulgarian friends!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 04:54
10x to all.
Where do you want me to upload my Presentations ?
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 06:33
BTW i also made two presentations for my school.The first one was USSR(1945-1991)and the second one bulgarian medieval material culture and National revival culture.I dont like powerpoint so i use Pinnacle studion and made movies.The first one is about 33 minutes and the second one is 40 minutes.They are amateurs but are quite good May be i must upload them somewhere.

Edited by Krum - 04-Mar-2007 at 06:34
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 06:40
happy liberation daySmile
Onogur View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Onogur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2007 at 22:21
Thanks!Smile
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 00:53
I didn't know we had so many Bulgarian members...

But happy liberation day anyways, even though I'm not Bulgarian.

Edited by kasper - 10-Mar-2007 at 00:57
Liudovik_Nemski View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Liudovik_Nemski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2007 at 13:41
Recently i noticed that some people claim that the lands north of the Danube weren't under Bulgarian control during Tzar Simeon I.Here's a map for orientation:

The lands along the Black sea coast up to the Dnieper river were Bulgarian Since 681 and the huge western lands of the avars were conquered by Khan Krum.I personally haven't heard of anyone coming and conquering them between Krum and the time Simeon came to powerConfused Some of them were lost to the Magyars later.

Edited by Liudovik_Nemski - 16-Mar-2007 at 13:53
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>