Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulgaria
    Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 10:58
Originally posted by rider

Well, Nike, would you write the article by yourself then?

I have to finish with one other research first.

Originally posted by Tar Szernd

Hali!
In the hungarian history writing the treasure of nagyszentmikls is writen to the early avars (heavy cavalarry men; no stirrups etc.) But I colud read after this thing. (Certenly, in the Avar lands were living f. e. kutrigurs and other ogur tribes too, but I think, it ( this, from two different source mixed dinner set)was a treasure of an avarian noble man or woman (probably of a tudun or katun etc), wich was hiden away from the attacking danube-bulgarians.

TSZ

Could you then give us information who is this Asparuh, whose some of the finds were?
Tar Szernd View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Tar Szernd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 07:42
Hali!

In the hungarian history writing the treasure of nagyszentmikls is writen to the early avars (heavy cavalarry men; no stirrups etc.) But I colud read after this thing. (Certenly, in the Avar lands were living f. e. kutrigurs and other ogur tribes too, but I think, it ( this, from two different source mixed dinner set)was a treasure of an avarian noble man or woman (probably of a tudun or katun etc), wich was hiden away from the attacking danube-bulgarians.

TSZ
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 05:02
Well, Nike, would you write the article by yourself then?
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2006 at 13:55
In my view the most interesting ruler of the paganistic period is Krum.

He is not famous only with his military achievements.Krum is the bulgarian ruler who introduce written laws for first time in bulgarian history.There are many things i can say about Krum but now i am going to .
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2006 at 05:37
Btw, I actually can't do it right now or possibly soon, because of the work and another "research" I have to make. Maybe Anton, Krum or someone else would want to write something? I could only offer some help...
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 07:45
About the Nagyszentmiklos treasure - here's the Bulgarian article of Prof. Ivan Dobrev, which I mentioned. But from the two inscriptions, which it views, it shows the original text only of the second one and not of the one, which mentions Asparuh.

As for writing something about Bulgaria - perhaps a somewhat concised history of the First Bulgarian Empire would be best? Although that would be too much to write. Maybe only about paganistic Bulgaria, i.e. from before the establishment (with or without the raids centuries before that) till around the Christianization...

Edit: Anton, do you have something in mind too?

Edited by NikeBG - 19-Dec-2006 at 02:39
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 06:38
What I would prefer is the thing that you most know of (for I have NO knowledge of Bulgaria).

But the wisest thing I think sohlud be about general history of some period.
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 23:34
Well, rider, I believe that somewhere in the beginning of the thread tzar or red lord were already asked to write something, but then it wasn't posted in the main site. However, since now we have a bit better "presence" in the forum, I guess someone could have the time to compile something (of his own, not copied from somewhere else) and present it to you. I hope that if we finish our current project at work today or tomorrow, we could get some "rest" and I could help with that too (preferably, with someone else's help as well). What exactly would you prefer? General Bulgarian history, history of the rule of some ruler or something else?
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 12:30
Originally posted by rider

WOW!!! I see some 14 or what pages of Bulgaria here.

That makes me wanna ask, how many of you wish to write something of Bulgaria (of the Empires', of some tzars' or whatever)... please express your feelings.Big smile

I am not sure what do you mean....
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 09:11
WOW!!! I see some 14 or what pages of Bulgaria here.

That makes me wanna ask, how many of you wish to write something of Bulgaria (of the Empires', of some tzars' or whatever)... please express your feelings.Big smile
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 05:04
I read about the period this treausure was made.Somewhere in the region between Black and Caspian sea in 5-7th century AD.And that region was populated by Bulgars or other tribes which later were assimilated by Bulgars.Another evidence is that the treasure was found in area that was part of the First Bulgarian Empire.Another thing is the inscriptions from some of objects,especially the one from the golden cup.I read that some turkish proffessor was the first who translated it and later a bulgarian proffessor correct his translation(I cant remember names).They both say that the inscription contain the name of Asparuh.
Plato
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 04:53
And I ask again - what exactly are these evidences? F.e. I've read in one of Prof. Ovcharov's books that the style of art and some other things are the closest to the Bulgar style of art. But he didn't explain what exactly are the similarities in this style of art. I'll have to read that other article again though, as it seems to have a more detailed information on the treasure.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 04:34
Very interesting Nike.In many foreign articles(including Osprey's books) the treasure of nagy sent miklosh is claimed by many other nations(including Goths),but not Bulgars,althourh there are many evidences that proove its Bulgar origin.
Plato
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2006 at 04:25
Thanks! Smile
Although I wouldn't say we're any better than anyone else - we just have our good sides and bad sides, like everyone else.

Btw, instead of making a new thread, maybe I could post here a question that's been bugging me for awhile: In most of the Bulgarian books, studies, articles etc. the Nagyszentmiklos (Nagi Sent Miklosh, as it's usually transliterated to Bulgarian) treasure is being claimed to be of Bulgar origin. However, as one article stated, this is the treasure, which has probably been claimed by the most nations - Khazars, Avars, Magyars, Pechenegs, even Cumans. And I haven't really seen any clear evidences, which could direct us to one side or another? So, does anyone here know why do we think that this treasure is Bulgarian? I could post some more things later, if I have some time...
thebluehorde View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote thebluehorde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2006 at 22:56
Bulagaria is a beautiful country and i think bulgarians are pretty nice people.
Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Brainstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2006 at 06:06
Originally posted by theMacedonian

Whell if u say Slavenised Vlachs (serbs romanians wore slavenised Vlachs) and so on and so forth...

Whats wrong with the concept of Slavenised Macedonians...?
I don't see a problem here.

I ve asked you before but i didnt receive any answer-
1)Do you believe that when Slavs arrived in 600 AD + found any people feeling ethnically Macedonians?

2)Do you know that most the region of modern FYROM was inhabited by a non-macedonian tribe-the Paionians? (Paeones/Paiones)

(a part at the south by Macedonian tribes,and a part at the north(incl Skopje-the capital) by Dardanians )

3)Also,can u explain me ,how the Greek population of Macedonia was found in the area ?
Did they came down from Mars?

Edited by Brainstorm - 17-Nov-2006 at 06:08
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2006 at 12:36
Well, I personally think that the ancient Macedonians were firstly Hellenized, then Romanized, then probably barbarized (during the barbarian invasions, which led to the next step: the "evacuation" to the new tema Makedonia near Adrianople, where they were additionally:), Slavinized, Armenianized (the Paulicians weren't confined only to Philipoplis), Bulgarianized, Turkicized. There was quite a lot of mixing in this area and absolutely no nation (especially the ancient ones) has managed to remain even just a little "pure"!
Desperado View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 10:10

Originally posted by theMacedonian

Whell if u say Slavenised Vlachs (serbs romanians wore slavenised Vlachs) and so on and so forth...

I don'tsee a problem here.

What's wrong with the concept of Hellenised Macedonians then?
    What's wrong with the concept of Romanised Hellenised Macedonians then?
    What's wrong with the concept of Slavenised Romanised Hellenised Macedonians then?
    What's wrong with the concept of Bulgarised Slavenised Romanised Hellenised Macedonians then?
    What's wrong with the concept of Serbised Bulgarised Slavenised Romanised Hellenised Macedonians then?
    What's wrong with the concept of Hellenised(for a 2nd time!!!)Serbised Bulgarised Slavenised Romanised Hellenised Macedonians then?

When after several decades some "Macedonians" will begin to talk about Albanised Serbised Bulgarised Slavenised Romanised Hellenised Macedonians, only then there will be something wrong with the concept?
According to your logic, for sure now we can talk only about Macedonised Neanderthals.

Edited by Desperado - 14-Nov-2006 at 10:27
theMacedonian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote theMacedonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 09:32

I don't see a problem here.

Plus I got Vlach friends who are "Macedonianised" they are both my best friends and i don't care that they have a vlach heritige... they claim to be Macedonians(a sign of assimilation)... and as far as I know they don't mind this "assimilation".

I don't see what the fuss is about...

Time is our ONLY witness.
!!!Слобода или Смрт!!!
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 07:00
I guess you actually mean Turkic, which differs from Turkish?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>