Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The German army hairstyle in WW2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The German army hairstyle in WW2
    Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 18:37
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Perhaps it had to do with the hitlerjugend indoctrination these boys received before joining the army. Washing with icewater in the snow would fit their ideas quite nicely, I imagine...

Yes I'm Dutch, so yes, I would find people rather short and darkhaired anywhere but here...if that is what your point was... We Dutch girls dream of Norwegians and Swedes...Wink
Well here are a couple of hitlerjugend:

As for the other issue, my point was the heightSmile. By the way, I respect your tastes but I can't differentiate the Dutch, Norwegian and Swede from each other by their looksEmbarrassed

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2007 at 18:44

Here's a nazi lady:

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2007 at 06:02
Originally posted by kotumeyil

As for the other issue, my point was the heightSmile. By the way, I respect your tastes but I can't differentiate the Dutch, Norwegian and Swede from each other by their looksEmbarrassed

Neither can I, most of the time LOL. Although fashion, both clothes and haistyles and all that are commonly far more revealing I find. Especially with Americans. One can spot an American in Europe from miles away...

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
kirlsch View Drop Down
  Quote kirlsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2010 at 08:50

germn officers were still encourage to have relations with woman of fare apperrance coupled with their natural drive i'm quite sure that many of the germans had foreign lovers.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2010 at 13:00
A stupid section for posts! Who really gives a s--t about the hair cuts of German soldiers in WWII?

However, it is common to see young recruits with short hair, and officers etc., with the hair longer in the front and combed back!

It is certainly easier when living in tents and on the ground, to have ones hair short! Of course Russian winters may have made it different?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
THATGuy View Drop Down
  Quote THATGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2011 at 23:48
Don't know about the other armies, but the QR&O (Queens Regulations and Orders) which covers discipline, including hygiene in the field, was pretty strictly enforced.

It was, and still is, a chargeable offense to not shave everyday.
THATGuy View Drop Down
  Quote THATGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2011 at 23:51
it was probably written into their orders. Field Hygiene being a crucial part of combat effectiveness. You have a thousand men, not washing everyday, you have rampant disease. Lessons learned from the Crimean War.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2011 at 14:38
The hairstyle your talking about is now called "high and tight".  My kid has worn it like that since his first tour in Korea.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2011 at 18:19
Dear red, the above was a "louse'" answer!

Regards,
Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2011 at 18:55
The haircut sported by Mr Fiennes was not restricted to the German army. It was also common among British, American and Polish soldiers. My great grandfather (a soldier in the Austrian and Polish armies) apparently had a similar haircut: long on top and short at the back and sides
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 12:38
As a side note, German progapaganda made alot of comments about American paratroopers being criminals due to their shaved heads.  There is a possibility that in Germany, only criminals had completely shaved heads and thus German soldiers would have short ahircuts, but not shaved..   

Edited by Cryptic - 25-Mar-2011 at 12:39
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2011 at 17:43
Indeed the correlation is well stated.. as many nation states used a shaved head as a means of identfication and 'control' when dealing with defeated armies and criminals. The 'shame' effect was as much a psyops tool to be used for the winning populace as much as against the defeated foe.

In the case of the US army...shorter hair styles were as much a result of exepriences in in-hospitable climates and in concert with hygiene-disease control improvements. Ala the LTG L. Wood era of the advancement of Army medicine in the late 19th-early 20th ce. As much as they are still used as a psyops device with new recruits, in stating who is in 'control'. Until they have gone thru their apprentice training and even beyond.

Thanks

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 28-Mar-2011 at 17:49
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

kai View Drop Down
  Quote kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2011 at 17:14
Okay, of course we all know that not all Germans are blonde haired and blue eyes.  I'm German and I have brown hair and brown eyes but, i will disagree with what has been said about them being shorter over there than in America.  In the earlier years when whites were more prodominent in America, men were taller then now.  Why?  Because America has been flushing out their white traits with multiculturalism and dirtying up their very appealing and noticeably masculine and distinctively beautiful characteristics.  Nowadays, you'll find shorter and darker colored men and women and FORGET trying to find a size 13 pair of shoes at the department store for my Blonde and blue eyed german husband that i am so proud to have.  Mostly all you'll find is 7.5- 9's when it comes to that. lol.  It's too bad blonde hair blue eyed men are becoming a novelty in these times.Cry
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2011 at 17:40
''Because America has been flushing out their white traits with multiculturalism and dirtying up their very appealing and noticeably masculine and distinctively beautiful characteristics.'' 

Very close to bigotry....be wary. Less you find yourself out. And then you will only have ''my Blonde and blue eyed german husband that i am so proud to have.''

I'll only give this advice once.

Period.

S. T. Friedman

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2011 at 20:16
Originally posted by kai

I'm German and I have brown hair and brown eyes ........  Because America has been flushing out their white traits with multiculturalism and dirtying up their very appealing and noticeably masculine and distinctively beautiful characteristics..... for my Blonde and blue eyed german husband that i am so proud to have.  It's too bad blonde hair blue eyed men are becoming a novelty in these times.Cry

Aye, its a pity that with your genes you will kinda "make dirty" his blonde blood and your children will transfer your "dirty" genes farther into future. Your husband should have married a blonde aryan girl instead of you.  Or your grand mother shouldnt commit abortion in 1945 when many blond haired Red Army soldiers were conquering your country. However maybe she was caught by some Tatars or Uzbeks or Chechens or Ossetians or Asians and thats why you got brown hair ....
If this is truth it means that by marrying your husband you have commited the crime against your own race :)
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2011 at 20:27
That's enough for this one. Thread locked. As potential flammatory responses to quasi-flammatory posts serve no purpose.

If ya wanna appeal take it higher.

CV

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 30-Mar-2011 at 20:34

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12