Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
Author
Crystall View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Crystall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 04:50
"Pick battles small enough to win, but  big enough to get noticed"
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2007 at 17:42
" I have made many campaigns and fought many battles, and no place on my body has no scars. And here, I die on my bed just like a beast."
General Khalid Ibn Al Waleed.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2008 at 08:52
"To cease smoking is the easiest thing. I ought to know. I've done it a thousand times."
                                                                                                                                Mark Twain
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2008 at 05:04
Latin is a language,
as dead as it can be.
First it killed the Romans,
and now its killing me!

Rident stolidi verba Latina!-Fools laugh at the Latin language!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2008 at 05:10
Originally posted by es_bih

A little science estranges a man from God. A lot of science brings him back. (Francis Bacon)

Gargoyle View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 17:29

"No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step, and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome"

~Winston Churchill
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2008 at 23:24
" 'for every problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.' That quote explains a lot, but mostly the inability of millions of people to appreciate irony."

-Me (not to be egotistical or anything...)

Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 00:24
Originally posted by Gargoyle

"No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step, and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome"

~Winston Churchill

Nice.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 00:27
"If you're weak, they attack you," says the scientist. "If you're not weak, they won't attack you. We have to be a strong country and end these humiliating threats. And being strong means not listening to the foreigners."

~ Iran's top nuclear scientist during the Shah's regime:
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1829750,00.html?imw=Y
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 02:19
"There are lots of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it."

Edited by Darius of Parsa - 08-Aug-2008 at 02:23
What is the officer problem?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 03:23
I enjoy exercising.
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 03:50
Originally posted by Zagros

I enjoy exercising.

Clap

-Akolouthos

Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2008 at 03:59
Originally posted by Zagros

I enjoy exercising.

As do I.
What is the officer problem?
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2011 at 00:23
"Fatum non penis est immanum carrare".
Anonimous
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2011 at 06:20
When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute - and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
 ~Albert Einstein

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 02-Nov-2011 at 06:21
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2011 at 09:33
" What's wrong with dying"? quoth the long lean Ranger of the Northern wastes.
"It's a waste of living..but it comes for us all my friends...it comes for us all."

The Legendary Wulfhere Ironbrand on his descent into the 'Cauldron'.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2011 at 17:13
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

" What's wrong with dying"? quoth the long lean Ranger of the Northern wastes.
"It's a waste of living..but it comes for us all my friends...it comes for us all."

The Legendary Wulfhere Ironbrand on his descent into the 'Cauldron'.

I like that - dying is a waste of livingSmile.
That's why
"Do not go Gently into that good night
Rage, RAGE against the Dying of the Light!"
Dylan Thomas

Edited by Don Quixote - 02-Nov-2011 at 17:17
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2011 at 17:15
If one remembers what he/she did last night - this shows a failure in doing; if he/she remembers with whom, this shows bad manners.
DQ
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2011 at 01:18
Too much attention is paid to the flattering postfactum that "sex is nothing without emotional involvement", while the hard fact that emotional involvement starts with/because of sex in some form and shape is commonly disregarded.
DQ

Edited by Don Quixote - 04-Nov-2011 at 01:53
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2011 at 03:00
Keeping on struggling after the battle is lost increases the injuries, but makes a point; that's good enough for me.
DQ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>