Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 04-Apr-2012 at 23:52
Marriage, laws, the police, armies and navies are the mark of human incompetence.
Dora Russel
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2012 at 01:50
There is no reason to repeat bad history.
Eleanor Norton
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2012 at 02:40
What office is there which involves more responsibility, which requires more qualifications, and which ought, therefore, to be more honourable, than that of teaching?
Harriet Martineau
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2012 at 18:38

The sound of people drowning is something I cannot describe to you -- and neither can anyone else. It's the most dreadful sound -- and there's a dreadful silence that follows it.

--Eva Hart, Titanic survivor

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2012 at 03:22
"I don't like human nature, but I do like human beings."
Ellen Glasgow
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2012 at 07:32

Challenges are meant to be met and overcome. 
- Liu Xiang

< ="application/x-dap-" id="DAPPlugin" style="visibility: collapse">

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 09-Jun-2012 at 07:33
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2012 at 21:51
“Babies are soft. Anyone looking at them can see the tender, fragile skin and know it for the rose-leaf softness that invites a finger's touch. But when you live with them and love them, you feel the softness going inward, the round-cheeked flesh wobbly as custard, the boneless splay of the tiny hands. Their joints are melted rubber, and even when you kiss them hard, in the passion of loving their existence, your lips sink down and seem never to find bone. Holding them against you, they melt and mold, as though they might at any moment flow back into your body.
But from the very start, there is that small streak of steel within each child. That thing that says "I am," and forms the core of personality.
In the second year, the bone hardens and the child stands upright, skull wide and solid, a helmet protecting the softness within. And "I am" grows, too. Looking at them, you can almost see it, sturdy as heartwood, glowing through the translucent flesh.
The bones of the face emerge at six, and the soul within is fixed at seven. The process of encapsulation goes on, to reach its peak in the glossy shell of adolescence, when all softness then is hidden under the nacreous layers of the multiple new personalities that teenagers try on to guard themselves.
In the next years, the hardening spreads from the center, as one finds and fixes the facets of the soul, until "I am" is set, delicate and detailed as an insect in amber.” 
-Diana Gabaldon, Dragonfly in Amber
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2012 at 21:33

There’s nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility is being superior to your former self. – Ernest Hemingway

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2012 at 23:39
This quotes is from something I have just said to my fiancée.

My words are fuelled by the passion I feel within my heart for you, moon of my life. - TheAlaniDragonRising
SuryaVajra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SuryaVajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2012 at 23:54

"Behind every fortune, there is a crime"
Godfather
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 00:13
Originally posted by SuryaVajra

"Behind every fortune, there is a crime"
Godfather
That should read, "Behind every great fortune, there is a crime."
SuryaVajra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SuryaVajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2012 at 00:18

Oops Thanks

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2012 at 03:44
You might become insane, however will you feel yourself going insane, quack quack quack, not a bit of it - TheAlaniDragonRisingLOL
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2012 at 03:53
I can't think of anything more frustrating than the idea that after studying for many years, you might start to forget everything that you have ever learned, and end up in a state where you remember nothing - TheAlaniDragonRising
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2012 at 10:06
Do you have terrible nightmares, so you find it impossible to get a good night's sleep? Wake up to yourself. Don't you have terrible nightmares, and don't you find it impossible to have a good night's sleep because your mind is driving you insane. Relax instead and remind yourself they are not real. - TheAlaniDragonRising.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2012 at 00:09

The violet growing along the mountain path grows for no one in particular, but most cannot overlook or forget it. ~ Masanobu Fukuoka
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Aug-2012 at 11:40
I kind of wonder where the mind goes when you lose your mind totally. - TheAlaniDragonRisingSmile
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2012 at 17:33

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. --William Shakespeare
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2012 at 08:00

Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere - Albert Einstein.

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2012 at 08:55
If I become insane now or in the future, I think I would like it to be thought of like this:

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” - Edgar Allan Poe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>