Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 09:59
Love is something you don't fall into, it's carefully and painstakingly constructed over a considerable period of time.  And when well made, will last forever.

RC.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2012 at 13:08
Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love. - Khalil Gibran
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 00:41
Everything in nature will repeat itself - words and bullets, love and blood; but there will be no time to make peace.
Bulat Okudjava
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2012 at 23:10
Life is like going to a public bath - with one hand one have to protect his back not to get used; with the other - to protect his front not to get beaten; with the right foot has to protect the soap not to get stolen;so, how much can one wash with one left foot?
Which is to say - How is one supposed to smell the roses while jumping  through life one one left foot?DeadLOL
DQ

Edited by Don Quixote - 17-Feb-2012 at 23:11
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2012 at 08:57
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. - Buddha

What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2012 at 14:07

“The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”

“Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases.”

“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.”

-Thomas Jefferson

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2012 at 14:24
Once we were Young and Green,now we are green only!Big smile 
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 21:09
Words are the souls of our souls, and we are what we say.
DQ
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2012 at 02:42
Probably about 10% or our life is what we do. The rest is paying for it. And, boy, do we pay - for our good and bad decisions, for our pain and for our gain, for our failures and our victories - for everything there is a price.
DQ
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2012 at 14:31

If you stop learning anything, you do not learn anything, and if you do not watch out, you start forgetting everything you have learned.- TheAlaniDragonRising

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2012 at 14:37
Once we were young and green,now we are only green!Smile
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2012 at 16:49
All acts of negativity
will now return threefold to thee.

All bad you try to send my way
upon your own self will hold sway.

All actions, thoughts and words of hate
become your own decided fate.

By all up high, the worlds and wise
by oceans wide and deep blue skies
by day and night, and powers three
this is my will, so mote it be!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2012 at 22:10
"There is nothing more awful, insulting, and depressing than banality."
Anton Chekhov
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2012 at 22:11
"People should be beautiful in every way—in their faces, in the way they dress, in their thoughts and in their innermost selves."
Anton Chekhov
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 05:45

‘never explain: your friends don’t require it, and your enemies won’t believe you anyway.’-Unknown

Those who truly know me question not what I'm all about. Only those that do not do that.-TheAlaniDragonRising

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 12:56
"It seems to me that all of the evil in life comes from idleness, boredom, and psychic emptiness, but all of that is inevitable when you become accustomed to living at others’ expense."
Chekhov

"As I shall lie in the grave alone, so in fact I live alone."
Chekhov
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 12:58
"Ordinary hypocrites pretend to be doves; political and literary hypocrites pretend to be eagles. But don't be disconcerted by their aquiline appearance. They are not eagles, but rats..."
Chekhov

Actually the quote ends with "rats or dogs" but I omitted the dogs - since most dogs I had ever known are better persons that many people I know.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 18:01
This is how I see things.Smile

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because 
Those Who Mind Don't Matter 
and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.” - Dr Seuss
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 18:06
There are some quotes that are very insightful, and here's definitely one.Smile 

"Pain will force even the truthful to speak falsely" - Publilius Syrus( Roman author, 1st century B.C.

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2012 at 18:37
Every journey into the past is complicated by delusions, false memories, false namings of real events. - Adrienne Rich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>