Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 28-Jul-2015 at 20:38
''The dead have no advocates...but the living...a heavy burden...so conduct that defense well''

Centrix Vigilis
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2016 at 20:39

“We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”

- E.E.Cummings
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2016 at 21:18
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." 
- George Santayana
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2016 at 21:31

“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.”

― Ronald Reagan

"A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation."

- Donald Trump

Edited by Mosquito - 02-May-2016 at 21:33
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2016 at 22:01
“Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.” 
― Arthur SchopenhauerEssays and Aphorisms

“Nationalism is an infantile thing. It is the measles of mankind.” 
― Albert Einstein

“National identity is the last bastion of the dispossessed. But the meaning of identity is now based on hatred, on hatred for those who are not the same.” 
― Umberto EcoThe Prague Cemetery

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2016 at 07:29
Patriotism is usually stronger than class hatred, and always stronger than internationalism.

George Orwell

Internationalism, illustrated by the Bolshevik and by the men to whom all countries are alike provided they can make money out of them, is to me repulsive.

Henry Cabot Lodge

Life always rides in strength to victory, not through internationalism... but only through the direct responsibility of the individual.

Frank Lloyd Wright

"The alternative faced by Europeans throughout the Western world is to place themselves in a position of enormous vulnerability in which their destinies will be determined by other peoples, many of whom hold deep historically conditioned hatreds toward them. Europeans' promotion of their own displacement is the ultimate foolishness—an historical mistake of catastrophic proportions."

Kevin B. MacDonald

Edited by Mosquito - 03-May-2016 at 07:48
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2016 at 10:34
Nationalism cannot flower if it does not grow in the garden of internationalism. 

Sukarna

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2016 at 12:55
''Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.''

-Charles de Gaulle

"What is patriotism but the love of the good things we ate in our childhood?" 

-Lin Yutang

"At bottom, every state regards another as a gang of robbers who will fall upon it as soon as there is an opportunity."   

-Schopenhauer

"The meat of the buffalo tastes the same on both sides of the border." 

-Sitting Bull

"Patriotism corrupts history." 

-Goethe

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2016 at 15:12
“A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril. ”

― Winston S. Churchill
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2016 at 02:45
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

''Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.''

-Charles de Gaulle

"Patriotism corrupts history." 

-Goethe

I love them

According to this, Ataturk was Marketting Guru
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718