Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 21-Oct-2012 at 09:08
To copy the weaknesses of great people instead copying their strenghts is a point of weakness.
DQ
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2012 at 09:18
My only weakness is to trust in those who have ultimately let me down, and in turn have become less than their potential - TheAlaniDragonRising

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 21-Oct-2012 at 09:19
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2012 at 12:46

If you don’t want to lose your ability to use your mind for thinking and lose your mind in total confusion, then you don’t want to stop using your brain for thinking tasks now on a daily basis. - TheAlaniDragonRising

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2012 at 06:52

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that - Martin Luther King Jr
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2012 at 14:17
Don't you feel increasingly depressed each day now, without seeking help. Life is for living well. ~ TheAlaniDragonRising
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2013 at 20:25

“I can't think of anything I'd rather have more than somebody lovin' me.” 
 Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2013 at 16:23
Enlightenment is discovering a large rock on your path when making a journey, and working out the most agreeable way to getting around it.- TheAlaniDragonRising.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2013 at 22:44

An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex. - Edgar Wallace

TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2013 at 05:22
"Insanity: doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2013 at 11:19
"Talk is cheap, but good whiskey costs money."

Common expression among the gold mners of Downieville and Goodyear's Bar in the Sierra Mountains of California.

Modern day equivalent:  "Put your money where your mouth is."
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2013 at 11:24
Alp Arslan: "What would you do if I was brought before you as a prisoner?"
Romanos: "Perhaps I'd kill you, or exhibit you in the streets of Constantinople."
Alp Arslan: "My punishment is far heavier. I forgive you, and set you free."

alp arsalan after Battle of Manzikert

yomud are free people
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2013 at 12:40
The Green Hills of Earth
Let the sweet fresh breezes heal me
As they rove around the girth
Of our lovely mother planet
Of the cool, green hills of Earth.

We rot in the moulds of Venus,
We retch at her tainted breath.
Foul are her flooded jungles,
Crawling with unclean death.

[ --- the harsh bright soil of Luna ---
 --- Saturn's rainbow rings ---
 --- the frozen night of Titan --- ]

We've tried each spinning space mote
And reckoned its true worth:
Take us back again to the homes of men
On the cool, green hills of Earth.

The arching sky is calling
Spacemen back to their trade.
ALL HANDS!  STAND BY!  FREE FALLING!
And the lights below us fade.

Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far drives the thundering jet,
Up leaps a race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet ---

We pray for one last landing
On the globe that gave us birth;
Let us rest our eyes on the friendly skies
And the cool, green hills of Earth.
-- Robert A Heinlein
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2013 at 05:37

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
 Plato 428 BC-348 BC.
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2013 at 13:21
"All men are frauds, the only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.''

HL Mencken
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2013 at 14:29
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

"All men are frauds, the only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.''

HL Mencken
In that case, CV, my words are fraudulent. 
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2013 at 00:40

An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break. - Author Unknown

TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2013 at 04:08
Dare to dream a better life and you will live it.
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2013 at 12:02

Don't think of an elephant! Whatever you do do not think of an elephant. - In a book written by George Lakoff, though might be written in the forward written by Howard Dean

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 19-Apr-2013 at 12:03
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2013 at 14:01

“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they're ok, then it's you.” 
― Rita Mae Brown
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2013 at 14:54

I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird. - Paul McCartney

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 03-May-2013 at 04:34
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>